Prayut urges public to be careful about false online information

Lite Beer

Prime Minister Prayut Chanocha - on his weekly national TV address Friday - urged people to be careful and ensure that false information is not spread via social networking sites.

The premier acknowledged that some people spread false information without knowing they were doing that, but he asked people who used social media to reduce the level of political hatred.

"The government has no intention of interfering or looking into what your secrets [on social networking sites] are," Prayut said, but added that there were people who want to destroy the country, the monarchy and the stability of the government.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-urges-public-to-be-careful-about-false-onli-30253615.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-06

• Like 1

Be careful of false on line information but no need to worry about about my weekly propaganda program.

I'll just keep saying the same things, worded slightly different and your job is just to believe what I say each time.

Then we will all be happy!

• Like 2

What?!

So those stories about TVF members being ex-CIA/MI-5/Mossad/KGB/SAS/SEALs and milking badgers may be false?

I am appalled.

Dunno but I suspect you're English. is this ethnic obsession with Badgers, I thought it was sheep, no wait maybe thats the Welsh, or is it the Scots?

...anyway back to plotting my next alien abduction ex Navy Seal facebook/snapchat/instagram support group meeting

Edited by GinBoy2

I fully agree with the government on this issue. Bought some pills off the internet that promised me " 3 more inches" and 6 months later I'm still hung like a maggot. I mean if you can't trust the great porcupine Ron Jeremy who can you trust?

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm too old now because I can't figure out how to combine these two pieces of contrary information so they make sense.

"The government has no intention of interfering or looking into what your secrets [on social networking sites] are,"

• Like 1

The premier acknowledged that some people spread false information without knowing they were doing that, but he asked people who used social media to reduce the level of political hatred.

Political hatred! He staged a coup to get rid of a democratically elected government.

• Like 1

Yes all this false information like,

Thailand awarded the Tour De France, the whole world supports Thailand and the coup and the numerous statements Thailand makes on behalf of others without thier knowledge.

Or the whopper that the Rice Scheme was self funding, there were no problems with the scheme, the poor farmers benefited from it etc etc.

Or the real gem, that Yingluck was really making all the decisions

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Good ones!

Political hatred! He staged a coup to get rid of a democratically elected government.

A government that was in caretaker mode, whose "official" PM had been removed by a court, that was openly controlled by a fugitive criminal and that had lost control of law and order or was actively condoning illegal violent acts.

Remember the threats of a Lanna republic, civil war, democracy defense volunteers marching on Bangkok, war drum meetings (where few turned up), etc etc.

Some government, elected or not.

Yes, the yanks gave the Thai's surveillance equipment to search for drug dealers. This equipment is up to the minute computer scanning gear, that is now being used for trolling the internet for information the Military junta don't want you to hear or be repeated over the air ways. Its pis# the yanks off no end as they were gifted equipment and the Thai's are not doing their part on the war on drugs.

'The premier acknowledged that some people spread false information without knowing they were doing that, but he asked people who used social media to reduce the level of political hatred.'

What about critiquing?

Can you imagine what is going to happen to the real Chris Lawrence on his or her next trip to Thailand?

Thanks today i will go to Sunny Pattaya beaches just near Mikes shopping mall and rent some jet skies for me and my friends.:)

I sure i was reading online FALSE information about these ongoing non stop Thai mafia scams,claiming that even police are involved.

Its all lies....Its totally safe :)

What he is saying is. Don't listen to the propaganda that you see/hear. Listen to Prayuth and he will be honest and always tell us the truth.

There will be no more corruption.

There will be free and fair elections in 2016.

Among many other important things that I can't think of right now.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A government that was in caretaker mode, whose "official" PM had been removed by a court, that was openly controlled by a fugitive criminal and that had lost control of law and order or was actively condoning illegal violent acts.

Remember the threats of a Lanna republic, civil war, democracy defense volunteers marching on Bangkok, war drum meetings (where few turned up), etc etc.

Some government, elected or not.

NCPO Interim Charter:

Articles 1 and 2 "Thailand is a unitary and democratic monarchy."

Article 3 "Sovereign power belongs to all Thais."

Truth is not where you expect it.

Article 44 The NCPO leader is empowered "to issue any order for the sake of the reforms in any field, the promotion of love and harmony amongst the people in the nation, or the prevention, abatement or suppression of any act detrimental to national order or security, royal throne, national economy or public administration, whether the act occurs inside or outside the kingdom". The orders so issued are all deemed lawful, constitutional and final."

But Truth can be unwelcomed when you find it.