Where do the middle aged, retired 30 to 50k a monthish western males live?

sidjameson

30K to 50K is enough to live anywhere in Thailand even Bangkok as a single male and have a perfectly good time assuming you're not a regular to the gogo bars and enjoy p4p.

I'm 30, single, live in a nice condo in Bangkok (13K a month + 2k for bills), and pretty much never stay in at night (was out every night last week and 6 the week before) going out for dinner, drinks, dates, cinema, social meet ups etc, eat wherever I want (often big tables full of Thai food or Western grub), drink a lot, don't think twice about what I'm spending my money on, buy (inexpensive) clothes and bits and pieces for my condo frequently etc.

Can't even spend 50K a month. If you drink less than me (quite likely) and stay home a couple nights a week you'll spend much less.

When I hear of single guys spending upwards of 50K a month it makes me wonder how they manage it.

I've also lived in Bangkok on less than 30K a month before. Wasn't that much of a hardship really but you won't be out every night and have to watch what you eat and drink with little money to spend on non essential items.

what visa have you got????

• Like 1

30k is a bit tight like theSpade said but with 50k you can leave really comfortably in a smaller condo or if not centrally located in a house. The beauty of thailand ia you can live here on any budget my cousin stayed 3 months in Chiang Mai got by on budget of 75K baht all in all.

Do guys in my position tend live in BK or tend to live elsewhere?

Back home in their parents' basement or, with an Ed Visa entry, they can be found at cut-rate language schools. Not sure if it's a tendency so much as a necessity.

Why would you want to come to Thailand and seek out similar "guys" to the ones you presumably left behind in Farang Land?

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

30K to 50K is enough to live anywhere in Thailand even Bangkok as a single male and have a perfectly good time assuming you're not a regular to the gogo bars and enjoy p4p.

I'm 30, single, live in a nice condo in Bangkok (13K a month + 2k for bills), and pretty much never stay in at night (was out every night last week and 6 the week before) going out for dinner, drinks, dates, cinema, social meet ups etc, eat wherever I want (often big tables full of Thai food or Western grub), drink a lot, don't think twice about what I'm spending my money on, buy (inexpensive) clothes and bits and pieces for my condo frequently etc.

Can't even spend 50K a month. If you drink less than me (quite likely) and stay home a couple nights a week you'll spend much less.

When I hear of single guys spending upwards of 50K a month it makes me wonder how they manage it.

I've also lived in Bangkok on less than 30K a month before. Wasn't that much of a hardship really but you won't be out every night and have to watch what you eat and drink with little money to spend on non essential items.

what visa have you got????

What has that got to do with the topic ? Mind yer own business Bernie :)

• Like 1

47, retired/unemployed and with an income of 30 to 50K?

Why did I go so wrong in my life?

Should have met you before to teach me the secret of life.

Anyway, why don't you consider the sticks in Issan......enough money for you to go along........

My my Costas, you really need to be taught. Money is not the secret of life, but proper planning may be. Any 47 year old should be able to manage USD 900-1600/mo if they have: a decent investment portfolio after 25-30 years of investment, a 25-30 year military/police/fireman pension, a state-sponsored disability pension, or a pension from any other organization which offers 20 or 30 year retirements without age requirements. Where did you, and apparently so many others, go wrong?