Angry over Israeli's planned speech, Dems hope to limit harm

Lite Beer

The most dangerous radical warmongering state in the Middle East is Israel

This statement is so foolish that it is hardly worth addressing. Something like 300,000 people have died in Syria in the last few years, just for starters. rolleyes.gif
That number will be peanuts if ever Israel tries it on with Iran hence the warmonger trying to get the US involved.

Hi tech weaponry is not the answer to modern warfare as the US know to their dismay.

Russia could wipe out Israel in seconds and for strategic reasons.

The US are not stupid enough to wreck their country for some small area the size of California with no strategic value.

A few bombs on Tel Aviv and Dimona and Israel would be another Japan.

Edited by Jay Sata

I don't know of any other President that would be so keen to allow a pariah State to potentially achieve nuclear capabilities?

Let me assist you.

On October 9, 2006, North Korea announced it had successfully conducted its first nuclear test.

OK, but they had the protection of China. And North Korea don't have a death wish.

Like the evangelical longing for Armageddon, The Iranians also share that longing. With Nukes they will have the tool to start Armageddon.

Iran has a death wish?

That's absurd.

Talk of cutting off the head of the snake makes me suggest the best option is to remove the nuclear weapons at Dimona.

A great option for the US is for Netanyahu to address Congress in his own language.

If Israel is so great why is the international language from my land of birth and nation that gave the world democracy.

Pity we messed up by getting involved with Rothschild and Balfour.

yes your country also gave the world concentration camps!

What is Gaza?

Gaza is a Hamas Terrorist stronghold taken from the palestinians. I also note that it's not just Israel that has blockaded Gaza. If the Gazans had chosen peaceful co existence. There would be no need to blockade Gaza.

You really know very little about any of this for being so opinionated. Google the 12th Mahdi. You might even watch the video on it produced by the Iranian government.

I think after 40 plus years as a journalist and producer in international tv news for the BBC,Associated Press and Reuters I am probably a lot more experienced and closer to the coal face than you and others on here.

If a couple of nukes were dropped on Israel tomorrow it would have as much impact as those dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The USA will not get involved in a major Middle East conflict hence their retreat from Yemen a few days ago.

Israel fears Iran but their biggest threat is the guerrilla warfare of IS on their doorstep.

The most dangerous radical warmongering state in the Middle East is Israel

This statement is so foolish that it is hardly worth addressing. Something like 300,000 people have died in Syria in the last few years, just for starters. rolleyes.gif
That number will be peanuts if ever Israel tries it on with Iran hence the warmonger trying to get the US involved.

Hi tech weaponry is not the answer to modern warfare as the US know to their dismay.

Russia could wipe out Israel in seconds and for strategic reasons.

The US are not stupid enough to wreck their country for some small area the size of California with no strategic value.

A few bombs on Tel Aviv and Dimona and Israel would be another Japan.

Actually Israel is more the size of Wales than California.

Why would Russia nuke Israel for strategic reasons What reasons? Quite a few Russians living in Israel these days!

Then you go an to say America wouldn't get involved becuase there is not strategic value! contradict yourself much?whistling.gif

Pretty obvious you don't know much, isn't it!giggle.gif

• Like 2

Then you go on to say ISIS is more of a threat to Israel. Yet ISIS have said they are not interested in attacking Israel, their priority is the Muslims who don't prctice their version of Islam.

are you sure your not a kid trolling?

One of "Islamic State"'s previous names was "ISIL".

Take a wild guess what that stands for.

I don't think it would have escaped the Israelis notice.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Sure does seem like it. Not to mention that if Russia attacked Israel with "The Bomb", they could easily strike back. rolleyes.gif

Not if they'd been blown to smithereens they couldn't.

wink.png

I think you are taking it too seriously. It was Jay Sata who came up with that ridiculous comment!

For what possible reason would Russia attack Israel, and if they did what would be Americas actions be. They would have to retaliate Thinks would have to be pretty dire to even get close to that scenario.

regarding your comment about ISIS/ISIL Israel are aware of them yes! But they are still not a threat at this stage.

ISIS/ISIL still have many arabs to kill before they start to think about Israel. Indeed that is why Iran are involved the mullahs are worried they will lose their power.

In short the Arabs have more to worry over ISIS/ISIL than Israel does.

You really know very little about any of this for being so opinionated. Google the 12th Mahdi. You might even watch the video on it produced by the Iranian government.

I think after 40 plus years as a journalist and producer in international tv news for the BBC,Associated Press and Reuters I am probably a lot more experienced and closer to the coal face than you and others on here.

Isn't the Internet wonderful? You can claim pretty much anything. Judging by your posts, you must have had heck of a ghostwriter. cheesy.gif

BBC? crazy.gif

His post explains it all. His hatred of Fox, the US, Israel and all things not British.

It's p**** envy.

• Like 2

ISIS/ISIL still have many arabs to kill before they start to think about Israel. Indeed that is why Iran are involved the mullahs are worried they will lose their power.

Iran are involved because they are Shi'a and IS are Sunni. And they are not Arabs.

You clearly haven't grasped the dynamics of the region.

And no, I don't think Russia will nuke Israel, that's why there was a smiley after my not very serious remark.

IS are enemies of ANYONE who doesn't play their Caliphate game, that includes anyone in the crescent from Iran to Yemen, and even on to North Africa.

Isn't the Internet wonderful? You can claim pretty much anything. Judging by your posts, you must have had heck of a ghostwriter. cheesy.gif

BBC? crazy.gif

His post explains it all. His hatred of Fox, the US, Israel and all things not British.

It's p**** envy.

Oh Chuck. Well below your usual standard.

Iran are involved because they are Shi'a and IS are Sunni. And they are not Arabs.

You clearly haven't grasped the dynamics of the region.

And no, I don't think Russia will nuke Israel, that's why there was a smiley after my not very serious remark.

IS are enemies of ANYONE who doesn't play their Caliphate game, that includes anyone in the crescent from Iran to Yemen, and even on to North Africa.

They are involved because they know if Assad falls, they will fall. The worry or fear is that this could explode into all out war between Sunni and Shia. Something I think you will find most of the other arab nations fear.

I understand the regions dynamics very well thanks.

They are involved because they know if Assad falls, they will fall. The worry or fear is that this could explode into all out war between Sunni and Shia. Something I think you will find most of the other arab nations fear.

Iran will fall if Syria falls? You are delusional.

The most likely outcome of Syria falling to the Sunni is Iraq fragments into three states (which it probably should have after Saddam fell) and Hezbollah lose their biggest source of support.

Edited by Chicog

The most likely outcome of Syria falling to the Sunni is Iraq fragments into three states (which it probably should have after Saddam fell) and Hezbollah lose their biggest source of support.

in case you hadn't noticed Iraq is virtually fragmented.

Sure does seem like it. Not to mention that if Russia attacked Israel with "The Bomb", they could easily strike back. rolleyes.gif

wink.png

Wrong again. Israel has subs armed with nukes out at sea at all times, just in case. No one can attack them with nukes without being destroyed in return.

I didn't say virtually though, did I?

I didn't say virtually though, did I?

never said you did, did I?

wink.png

Wrong again. Israel has subs armed with nukes out at sea at all times, just in case. No one can attack them with nukes without being destroyed in return.

Good point :)

Only 41% of Israelis think Netanyahu should give this campaign speech before the US Congress.

Only 42% want Netanyahu to remain as PM.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Obama-interfering-in-Israeli-election-according-to-Jerusalem-Post-poll-390925

You provided a very interesting link. Here is the way it begins:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Israelis think Obama interfering in election, poll finds
61% of Israelis believe Obama will sign 'bad' nuclear...
By GIL HOFFMAN \ 02/13/2015 09:04
Twice as many Israelis say that US President Barack Obama’s administration is interfering in the election as those who say it is not, according to a Panels Research poll taken for The Jerusalem Post and its Hebrew sister publication, Maariv Sof Hashavua.
Sixty-two percent of respondents said the Obama administration is interfering, 31% said it is not interfering, and 8% did not know.
A majority of respondents, 56%, said Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is correct in principle in his desire to address Congress on the Iranian nuclear threat, while 36% said he is not right, and 8% had no opinion.
  • Like 2