Tire size 15 or 16 inch?

Spaniel

We were in the Honda dealer this morning looking at a new Jazz and the top of the line model comes with 16 inch wheels. The old Jazz that I now have has 15 inch tires. Other then it being larger what's the advantage of having 16 inch tires over 15?

I think Ace runs 12 inch on his Jazz / Civic (or whatever honda he drives). Heard it improves handling on the go-cart track. ;) I have 16 inch on my truck...but I am will to try 12 inch for a day at the mall.

By the way Warpee, I do like that Yellow one in the photos you have posted.

• Like 1

I think Ace runs 12 inch on his Jazz / Civic (or whatever honda he drives). Heard it improves handling on the go-cart track. wink.png I have 16 inch on my truck...but I am will to try 12 inch for a day at the mall.

By the way Warpee, I do like that Yellow one in the photos you have posted.

I can't really make a decision, I like them all!! biggrin.png

Depending on where your daily routes lead you:

don't take the "sporty" lower height tyres (../45 .../40 or even lower)!

Rough ride, easily damaging the rims and the tyre.

I damaged two tyres in the first six months (damages to the shoulder which can not be repaired).

8000 Baht to the bin.

I guess the 15 inch rims will allow higher tyres (.../50 .../55).

I would opt for that.

No need for "racing tyres" in Thailand except for the ego.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Yeah I prefer to look at the real thing rather than something some pimply face geek drew up in photoshop.

You wish you were good enough to make such accurate copies, pimply faced in deed... You can't tell the diff, besides it's about the stance which is relative not the pic. but I say again did you go to the link? There are plenty of real pics there.

Depending on where your daily routes lead you:

don't take the "sporty" lower height tyres (../45 .../40 or even lower)!

Rough ride, easily damaging the rims and the tyre.

I damaged two tyres in the first six months (damages to the shoulder which can not be repaired).

8000 Baht to the bin.

I guess the 15 inch rims will allow higher tyres (.../50 .../55).

I would opt for that.

No need for "racing tyres" in Thailand except for the ego.

I agree with this, except sometimes a bit of style is nice too, just like dressing up a bit instead of flip flops and a Chang shirt all the time.

• Like 1

Yeah I prefer to look at the real thing rather than something some pimply face geek drew up in photoshop.

You wish you were good enough to make such accurate copies, pimply faced in deed... You can't tell the diff, besides it's about the stance which is relative not the pic. but I say again did you go to the link? There are plenty of real pics there.

Why would I wish to be as good as some kid with photoshop when the real thing is much better but hey if you prefer a render then thats up to you.

Am starting to wonder how much or your illustrious racing career is real or fake...........

BTW I did not click on your link as visiting gamer sites is not something I could be bothered with.

Edited by Don Mega

The suspension from manufacture "should" be dialed in for different wheel/tyre profiles. If the suspension is the same on a 15 and 16 inch wheel then the

lower profile tyre will/might have a harsher ride. More expensive rides can have suspension modes, switch from the harsh ride (sports mode) to a softer ride to overcome the low profile tyre thing.

But, probably not a lot of difference between 15 or 16 in your application, I think...smile.png

• Like 1

Why would I wish to be as good as some kid with photoshop when the real thing is much better but hey if you prefer a render then thats up to you.

Am starting to wonder how much or your illustrious racing career is real or fake...........

BTW I did not click on your link as visiting gamer sites is not something I could be bothered with.

Wonder all you wish, I could really give a flying >>>> I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else, that's how confidence works. It isn't a render it's a program and that's what I was referring to being able to do. I know and have competed with nearly every one of those teams personally, they are very accurate in their portrayal..

Off topic but XBOX or PS?

Erm neither, SCCA World Challenge pro series albeit replicas they're quite accurate and representative, go to the link it's a forum, there are plenty of other real pics many of which actually date back to the DOT tire series just a few years ago before slicks.

Your aware forza motorsport 4 is a console game yeah ??

IIRC it only comes on xbox 360..

rolleyes.gif No, I had no idea facepalm.gif ... Are you aware all of those are very realistic reproductions of ACTUAL racing cars & teams that compete and that's why I posted them? WITH a LINK to see more on the site they came from only real ones? They gave the best profile to present the tire/rim sizes, please people try to keep up will you? You're looking really silly thinking I had no clue what I was posting by even commenting rolleyes.gif .

Hey guys. My OP was asking about 15 vs 16 inch tires!

Yes it was and I tried to defend your choice of stepping up and give some real life examples of why it isn't just an ego thing but adds style and that's where it got all skewed as usual. I hope my examples help you make your decision. And though it kills me to say so I'm man enough to do it, but I agree with T/A as I did exactly what you did with my SEAT and it did not adversely effect my ride except for a little better handling but I prefer a firm, responsive ride anyways I also run them a bit higher pressures too.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Yes it was and I tried to defend your choice of stepping up and give some real life examples of why it isn't just an ego thing but adds style and that's where it got all skewed as usual. I hope my examples help you make your decision. And though it kills me to say so I'm man enough to do it, but I agree with T/A as I did exactly what you did with my SEAT and it did not adversely effect my ride except for a little better handling but I prefer a firm, responsive ride anyways I also run them a bit higher pressures too.

"Yes it was and I tried to defend your choice of stepping up and give some real life examples of why it isn't just an ego thing but adds style and that's where it got all skewed as usual. I hope my examples help you make your decision."

Doubtful, very, very doubtful.

"Yes it was and I tried to defend your choice of stepping up and give some real life examples of why it isn't just an ego thing but adds style and that's where it got all skewed as usual. I hope my examples help you make your decision."

No one asked your opinion on my point of view, what is your opinion on the OP? Instead of trolling once again, have anything of value to offer. coffee1.gif funny how you echoed my point of view and yet criticize mine facepalm.gifwhistling.gif .

K-Pax-Volvo-S-60.jpg

Johnny-OConnell-Turn-1.jpg

evosport-mbbs-clk-amg-black-series-main.

Edited by WarpSpeed

There won't be much difference in ride quality. 17" would be noticeable though, as the sidewall of the tire needs to be reduced to keep the overall diameter. 16" is an unusual size, and thus the cost of the tire is quite a bit more than a 15". 16" tires are close to the cost of a 17". When I need to replace the tires on my swift (16"), I'll change them out to 17".

• Like 1

Off topic but XBOX or PS?

Erm neither, SCCA World Challenge pro series albeit replicas they're quite accurate and representative, go to the link it's a forum, there are plenty of other real pics many of which actually date back to the DOT tire series just a few years ago before slicks.

rolleyes.gif No, I had no idea facepalm.gif ... Are you aware all of those are very realistic reproductions of ACTUAL racing cars & teams that compete and that's why I posted them? WITH a LINK to see more on the site they came from only real ones? They gave the best profile to present the tire/rim sizes, please people try to keep up will you? You're looking really silly thinking I had no clue what I was posting by even commenting rolleyes.gif .

Yes I'm aware its a consol game, I have a360 & Forza 3, 4, & 5 ;)

I thought you were a Forza fan hence the pictures... No worries.

No one asked your opinion on my point of view, what is your opinion on the OP? Instead of trolling once again, have anything of value to offer. coffee1.gif funny how you echoed my point of view and yet criticize mine facepalm.gifwhistling.gif .

See post number 5.

By the way I echo nothing of yours but if you post irrelevances then expect suitable comment.

Yes I'm aware its a consol game, I have a360 & Forza 3, 4, & 5 wink.png

I thought you were a Forza fan hence the pictures... No worries.

Ok well not sure if you saw what happened but the posts got deleted including the pics but as usual some "other" posters tried to latch onto the fact that I used those pics as an example being reproductions, so at times it's difficult to know when someone is making an actual inquiry for conversation or just being a troll and taking pokes like SC for example. He stalks me at every opportunity and though I seldom (read never) quote his posts as he's insignificant, he seems determined to be an antagonist EVERY time he quotes one of my posts, seems he has little life in terms of entertainment, poor fella. coffee1.gif

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1