Phuket residents in uproar over nude photo of foreign woman

Thaivisa News

But a spirit house/shrine in every hooker bar is appropriate...dam'n double standards

and the Chinese wouldn't give a hang about a thai temple even though they are both predominantly buddhists.

This is a classic example though of Thai pettiness in just about everything. What is that they call it again......oh yes.....Thainess.

What would they have done if she put a goldfish up her fanny?

Trow her a ping pong ball ?

Ha ha leo you must be from the UK as i aint heard the word fanny used in ages and oh how it tickles me. Anyway back to story.....who cares, she had clothes on, kind of stringy things but classed as clothing none the less.

Nexxtt

Go to many beaches in Phuket, Kata for one and with our low class tourists you see fat 40 something ladies walking along with their breasts out. Always the old ugly ones, never the stunning 25 years olds. The dreamers. Unsightly, ignorant of them and the Thai people should put signs up "no nudity, including breats" so the ignorant people can understand and if they still do it get the Police to warn them and if still walk with the sagging breasts showing fine them. I am often astounded at high low class the tourists are in Phuket, non-smiling, rude, cheap and like to walk around semi naked. My Thai girlfriend pointed at 3 topless ladies on Kata beach and asked me if I like that, I joked and said yes could she do the same. She said never and anyway the Police would arrest her as Thais cannot do that.

Foreigners should know better and set some sport of example, but Thais also need to look inward before they start pontificating. They are being just as hypocritical as always.

Mid 90's girls dancing naked in Nana, participating in shower shows and using strap on dildos for reasons I'm sure I don't have to explain. Girls in Patpong firing darts from their tender spot to bursts balloons etc etc. I would be surprised if it still doesn't go on, certainly in Patpiong, although I haven't been to either venue for aeons. Last time I was in cowboy, 5 or 6 years ago, I stumbled into a bar peopled by Japs who were all looking skyward at a tranparent ceilings with VERY young looking girls dancing in short skirts with no knickers on.

It would all be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

I've read some of the comments and I can only ask: How would catholics feel if women posed half naked on the Vatican steps? How would Mormons feel if women posed half naked on the cathedral steps? How would America's southern baptists feel if women posed half naked on the church step? What a bunch of bleedin hypocrites post on this forum. Get real for Gods sake. That is in poor taste in any religious places.

Foreigners should know better and set some sport of example, but Thais also need to look inward before they start pontificating. They are being just as hypocritical as always.

Mid 90's girls dancing naked in Nana, participating in shower shows and using strap on dildos for reasons I'm sure I don't have to explain. Girls in Patpong firing darts from their tender spot to bursts balloons etc etc. I would be surprised if it still doesn't go on, certainly in Patpiong, although I haven't been to either venue for aeons. Last time I was in cowboy, 5 or 6 years ago, I stumbled into a bar peopled by Japs who were all looking skyward at a tranparent ceilings with VERY young looking girls dancing in short skirts with no knickers on.

It would all be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Even worse if they Shit them selfs

I've read some of the comments and I can only ask: How would catholics feel if women posed half naked on the Vatican steps? How would Mormons feel if women posed half naked on the cathedral steps? How would America's southern baptists feel if women posed half naked on the church step? What a bunch of bleedin hypocrites post on this forum. Get real for Gods sake. That is in poor taste in any religious places.

Are you, by any chance, for real? How, may I kindly ask, can any sane person get real in Thailand? Surely you must of seen the Warning You Are Now Leaving Reality signs at all the airports, docks and major border crossings.

My God man - are you blind? Deaf perhaps? An alcoholic? Ah I know - Crystal Meth right? Yeah - Ice Ice baby! Okay, sorry, forgiven!

But a spirit house/shrine in every hooker bar is appropriate...dam'n double standards

I don't like Thai bar girls being called hookers. I have no problem calling a western prostitute a hooker but when someone calls a Thai girl a hooker, I cringe. I'm not sure why, maybe it's because they are so much different than western prostitutes...I mean they are not usually feeding a drug habit and have a whole different attitude than your average western hooker. Also, they are usually sending money home to their mum and dad and can be seen as being in a more honorable profession than their western counterparts. Just my thoughts. I wonder if anyone else feels the same as me?

I wonder do they think it is an insult to Buddhism,when a bar girl starts her 5 oclock shift,prays to the shrine,then gets on with her dirty deeds?

By "dirty deeds" are you referring to the possibility of having sex? Most adults whether Buddists or not have sex, a perfectly normal human activity, is that an insult to Buddism also in your little mind? What's the difference between a girl who works in a bar and anyone else that doesn't doing dirty deeds?mr,geez,its immoral,tell me what faith promotes prostitution?

My momma always told ME that sex was dirty......

I have seen royal pictures in plenty of dodgy establishments.

I love how the fact that it is in close proximity to a temple under royal patronage is an issue.

Is there any business in Thailand in a city that is more than a few hundred metres from a temple of some type.

I agree but she was 70m or a Thai stones throw from any steps :)

How is that relevant to anything? Are you saying the woman of the night should be feeling shame, and therefore not able to face Buddha and ask for his blessings? You are confusing Christianity with Buddhism. The latter does not face the confusion and guilt regarding sex. It is not a terrible thing. You will not burn in hell for banging strangers. A shrine in a massage parlor or brothel is a sweet thing. Why forget where you came from? Guilt and shame are two of the most useless emotions, and I am thankful the local women are not wracked by them, and do not carry the burden of many western women.

How is that relevant to anything? Are you saying the woman of the night should be feeling shame, and therefore not able to face Buddha and ask for his blessings? You are confusing Christianity with Buddhism. The latter does not face the confusion and guilt regarding sex. It is not a terrible thing. You will not burn in hell for banging strangers. A shrine in a massage parlor or brothel is a sweet thing. Why forget where you came from? Guilt and shame are two of the most useless emotions, and I am thankful the local women are not wracked by them, and do not carry the burden of many western women.

Mikey-valid point.but why than such a outcry about some semi-nude pictures of a farang gal in proximity of a temple???

that's my point...

Mikey-valid point.but why than such a outcry about some semi-nude pictures of a farang gal in proximity of a temple???

that's my point...

Sheer silliness is the answer.

"... because the spot is only 70 meters away from the Mongkol Nimitr Temple, which is also under the royal patronage."

Seems, there is at least one law -anyone, who knows the text?- they are really obeying word by word...

Otherwise, how could it be: Wat Chai on Patttaya South, also under Royal patronage, roughly 150 meters away from the next girly bars.

(Boy bars do not seem to count, because they are within the 70 m range)