NACC To Prosecute Former PM For Yellowshirt Crackdown

Lite Beer

NACC To Prosecute Former PM For Yellowshirt Crackdown

By Kaosod Eng.

BANGKOK — Thailand's national anti-corruption agency says it will prosecute former Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat and his deputies for authorizing a crackdown on Yellowshirt protesters in October 2008.

On 7 October 2008 the Redshirt-backed government ordered police to clear Yellowshirt protesters who were blocking the entrance to Parliament and calling on Somchai to resign. Two people were killed in suspicious circumstances during the operation.

Vicha Mahakhun, a spokesperson of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), said yesterday that the agency will prosecute Somchai and his deputies in the Supreme Court's Division for Holders of Political Office for alleged "abuse of power."

The NACC will take up the role as prosecutor because the Office of Attorney-General declined to take the case, Vicha said.

"The NACC has thoroughly investigated the case," Vicha said. "We are aided by a report compiled by the National Human Rights Commission, and the report concluded by the Parliament. We have a lot of [evidence]."

He added, "All this information makes the NACC very confident."

According to Vicha, the lawsuit will name Somchai, former Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, and "some more Cabinet members" at the time as defendants.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1423383178&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-08

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How dare they try to take the airport back from the criminal yellows shirts who held thousands of foreign tourists hostage including children and infants. These mongrel caused great pain and anguish to many people from around the world. I had an appointment in Melbourne that I couldn't make and lost a few thousand dollars because of the lowlife yellows.

On a purely selfish and self centered note , I had a bit of a result , I was supposed to be going back to work in China the day they took it over . I was "Stranded" in Pattaya for another Week

every cloud...

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How dare they try to take the airport back from the criminal yellows shirts who held thousands of foreign tourists hostage including children and infants. These mongrel caused great pain and anguish to many people from around the world. I had an appointment in Melbourne that I couldn't make and lost a few thousand dollars because of the lowlife yellows.

On a purely selfish and self centered note , I had a bit of a result , I was supposed to be going back to work in China the day they took it over . I was "Stranded" in Pattaya for another Week

every cloud...

Also in 2010 , I had to get a new passport from the Embassy , I put it in and a week later that area became a free fire zone and The UK and US embassy closed. Again stranded and unable to work this time for 2 weeksbiggrin.png

wow another piece of 'non-discrimination'?

No, the time for justice has come for some politicians that avoided the law for years.

You have it in one. Some politicians. The ones we don't like, as always.

• Like 1

we would not have missed you since then !!

• Like 2

The "witch hunt" is in full swing

Yes it is finally the shins are getting their medicine. When this is all over they won't be able to form a party anymore as all the players have lifetime bans for their crimes.

When they were in power they tried the same.. now the tables are turned and the other party is far better at it.

Two wrong things don't make a right thing.

• Like 2