iPhone 6 repair feedback

arkom

Has anyone have experience taking their iPhone to an authorised service centre to get it fixed? I took my iPhone 6 to repair a broken screen under warranty, it has been a month and still have not gotten it back. Called both Apple and the service centre I dropped it off and they both have been giving me the run around, blaming each other. Seems ridiculous that it should take this long.

Is this has Apple normally operates here in Thailand?

The authorised service centres here are not great in my experience. I gave them (MCC Siam Discovery) a faulty power supply for my MBP last year and it took them 2 weeks to replace it with a new one, despite the fact that it was quite obviously completely dead. The guy I dealt with was also pretty rude and unhelpful.

From what I understand, if it had been a proper Apple store (in the US for example), they would generally just swap it out with a new one on the spot.

Apple should really do something about these crappy places since it only serves to drag their reputation down.

• Like 1

Agree that the service centres here are crap. At the Apple Stores in the US, this sort of service is normally done same day, or 3-5 days if you send it to them.

I was finally able to speak with a supervisor for Apple Thailand in Singapore to complain and they seem surprised that is has taken this long, and he promised to look into it and get back to me and even apologised for everything on behalf of Apple and the service centre.

Surprisingly, he actually called me back and said that they finally figured out the service centre (iCare) messed up from the beginning and promised that I would finally get it back with in a week, and if not to personally send him an email.

Let's see how it plays out.

The authorised service centres here are not great in my experience. I gave them (MCC Siam Discovery) a faulty power supply for my MBP last year and it took them 2 weeks to replace it with a new one, despite the fact that it was quite obviously completely dead. The guy I dealt with was also pretty rude and unhelpful.

From what I understand, if it had been a proper Apple store (in the US for example), they would generally just swap it out with a new one on the spot.

Apple should really do something about these crappy places since it only serves to drag their reputation down.

They won't do anything about problems which they are unaware of. Complaining to Apple will be a lot more helpful than complaining about bad service here.