Ukrainian 'confesses' to Central Pattaya armed robbery

webfact

Ukrainian "confesses" to Central Pattaya armed robbery

ukraine-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Chonburi Provincial Police Commander confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that the Ukrainian suspect earlier arrested in connection with the armed robbery of a Money Exchange Booth in Central Pattaya, confessed to the crime despite an earlier denial.

Mr. Ayder Bezaziyev aged 27, who worked as an illegal tour guide, claimed he conducted the armed robbery as he was desperate for money to pay back funds he had wrongly taken from his Tour Company. He planned to use the rest of the 200,000 Baht he is alleged to have stolen, to purchase a flight back to Ukraine.

As part of the ongoing investigation into the case a reconstruction of events during and after the robbery took place on Tuesday evening at three locations.

A re-creation of the armed robbery at the Money Exchange Store in Soi 16 off Pattaya Third Road took place and then the suspect was taken to an abandoned house in Soi Sukhumvit 52

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/170297/ukrainian-confesses-to-central-pattaya-armed-robbery/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-11

Mr. Ayder Bezaziyev aged 27, who worked as an illegal tour guide, claimed he conducted the armed robbery as he was desperate for money to pay back funds he had wrongly taken from his Tour Company.

He commits a robbery in order to pay back money he stole/"wrongly took" from the company who employed him illegally...and he was desperate to do so...why the desperation? Russian mafia in Pattaya?

I believe, if the BiB is motivated, they can do a very good job. For this time, congratulation to the local Police. thumbsup.gif

Right, so you mean like when a business owned by a high ranking local official is knocked over whilst said official is actually at said business ? Damn - I knew my 'bottom up' approach to winning friends and influencing people in this town was flawed, but this is ridiculous. ;)

As I believed all along, the police arrested the right man , despite all the Thai bashing going on here. Good job.

I just wonder why the people who wrote that article found the need to put quotation marks around confesses, unless that has become standard practice after the arrests on Koh Tao. in the previous article he was simply a 'tour group operator', now he's an 'illegal tour group operator' who appears to have been stealing from his employers. I agree that Pattaya Police appear to have done an excellent job here but the standard of reporting in Pattaya isnt going to topple Woodward and Bernstein anytime soon.

On a more serious note, I'm not seeing any follow up story to the two Cambodians who allegedly murdered one of their colleagues at a Pattaya restaurant a few days ago. Presumably Bud and Pao have very little money and few contacts outside the Cambodian community here in Pattaya, few of whom would be keen to harbor suspected murderers - surely a properly motivated force like the BiB can find these two ? If the claims made here re the porosity of the Thai-Cambodian border are correct, they could very well be walking the streets of PP when I arrive there in April to escape the Songkran madness here in Pattaya. Happy days.