Taking money home. Is it really difficult?

Hi , as you suggest in the title you want to take money home, so when you are "at home" why not simply use your visa card from e.g. Bangkok Bank and withdraw

50.000 thb equivalent per day , 20 days and you have your 1.000.000 thb. Cost is 100 thb per transaction.

Hi , as you suggest in the title you want to take money home, so when you are "at home" why not simply use your visa card from e.g. Bangkok Bank and withdraw

50.000 thb equivalent per day , 20 days and you have your 1.000.000 thb. Cost is 100 thb per transaction.

Will the Be1st cards with the chip in them work in foreign ATM's? I remember reading that in Thailand they only work in Bangkok Banks.

I did not intend for the list I presented to be all inclusive, merely helpful to the OP in deciding options. If there are additional ways then posters should post details, do you have additional ways?

BOT delegates responsibility for its banking policies to banks, banks in Thailand are BOT agents in this respect.

Foreign currency cannot be sent overseas unless it was 1) held in a Thai bank account (see banks as BOT agents above), converted into Thai baht or not, 2) recorded by Thai Customs at the point of arrival.

I would like to think nobody is reading this thread in the expectation they can walk into a Thai bank with bundles of notes and ask for them to be sent overseas, or perhaps my expectations are too high!

I did just that for baht banknotes yesterday. No problem.

I think it was clear that I refer to unaccountable cash!

Thank you for the replies. My problem is that I brought money over to fulfil the 400,000 baht requirement. Also, I earned money here and saved some. However, I have never been given a payslip. I only signed a paper which the workplace kept. My contract has been terminated by them without any notice, so it is kind of impossible to get a financial statement from them.

The money I brought from England was paid into a bank account which I closed due to relocation. Again, the same problem appears that it's almost impossible to show evidences of the origin of that money as it has been moved from bank to bank and I didn't keep the bank book from the first bank.

Anyways, Krungsri seems to allow me to wire money.

Will the Be1st cards with the chip in them work in foreign ATM's? I remember reading that in Thailand they only work in Bangkok Banks.

Be1st cards can be used in France , the Netherlands and Belgium so probably everywhere in Europe, dont know about the UK though. ATMs that accept Visa ofcourse.

Good news from Bangkok Bank. My application to use international money transfer has been approved.

To sum it up, Krungsri and Bangkok Bank now allow me to use their international money transfer services online. On the other hand, Kasikorn wouldn't allow me to do so.

• 1 year later...

My branch of Bangkok Bank in Pattaya said I could transfer up to $50,000 without a problem, I don't have a work permit.

s

Would appreciate knowing, if you are familiar with a BOT approval to buy foreign currency ( in your case £50,000)?

I have an approval letter, dated October. 2014.

Now I want to use it. Local branch ( Nakohn Si Thammarat) doesn't know dick. My other branch in Phuket was of no help either. Maybe Phuket town, but I'd have to drive there just to ask them the question. Wondering if there is an English- speaking contact at BOT. ?

My branch of Bangkok Bank in Pattaya said I could transfer up to $50,000 without a problem, I don't have a work permit.

s

Would appreciate knowing, if you are familiar with a BOT approval to buy foreign currency ( in your case £50,000)?

I have an approval letter, dated October. 2014.

Now I want to use it. Local branch ( Nakohn Si Thammarat) doesn't know dick. My other branch in Phuket was of no help either. Maybe Phuket town, but I'd have to drive there just to ask them the question. Wondering if there is an English- speaking contact at BOT. ?

Do you want the currency in Thailand? If so, why not take baht to a currency exchange that has a good rate?

I did not intend for the list I presented to be all inclusive, merely helpful to the OP in deciding options. If there are additional ways then posters should post details, do you have additional ways?

BOT delegates responsibility for its banking policies to banks, banks in Thailand are BOT agents in this respect.

Foreign currency cannot be sent overseas unless it was 1) held in a Thai bank account (see banks as BOT agents above), converted into Thai baht or not, 2) recorded by Thai Customs at the point of arrival.

I would like to think nobody is reading this thread in the expectation they can walk into a Thai bank with bundles of notes and ask for them to be sent overseas, or perhaps my expectations are too high!

I did just that for baht banknotes yesterday. No problem.

I do it too

No questions ever asked

Maybe I just have an honest face lol

Archived