decent furniture shop in Pattaya

MrJ

Hi all,

I need some new furniture and looking for advise/recommondation where to finde some decent stuff in Pattaya, not meaning the cheap Concept style and not the over priced Decorum/Euro Design - some medium quality/rice.

I have been already at Index. Home Mart, etc. but the variety is pretty low to my tast, only black and white colored boring furniture, dont want to go to BKK.

needing king size bed, sofa table, outdoor dining set, tv stand, wardrobe, floor lamp and some decorations, pefering timeless not to fancy but not antik/conservative design/style, natural wood might be fine - budget 50 - 80K total, if good maybe little more

Thanks MrJ

You won't find all of the stuff you want in one place but will have to pad about.

1. If you have a generous budget then the place opposite PowerBuy on Pattaya Klang is good for traditional wood and good design.

2. The car park wall at the back of Big C Extra has 2 places: one selling lattice style furniture and another place selling solid wooden stuff. I have bought stuff from the second place. Recommended.

3. You can buy a bed from 3 places: the solid wood place above, another place on the slip road leading from Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit and the third is one of the furniture shops near Big C on Pattaya Tai. It is the third place I will get mine. It is the place which only sells beds.

4. Outdoor dining set, what they have in Home Pro Big C Extra looks OK to me.

There is a decent furniture shop at the north west corner of 3rd road and Pattaya Nua (north road). Front part is good stuff, rear part has cheap stuff.

Also 2 teak furniture place on sukhumvit road one north and one south. I didn't see any beds but lots other furniture. The north one is on the East side, past Pattaya Nua, past the esso station, past 2 more traffic lights, then you'll come to a Toyota dealership, it is near Toyota, but on the opposite side. The south one is on the west side, past Pattaya Tai, past Makro.

These 2 on sukhumvit will be half the price of the one on Thepprasit Road.

Teak is worth the price because termites are plentiful and teak is the last wood they will try to eat.

Edited by cigar7

Sad to say, we don't have good places for furniture here in Pattaya. The post above is spot on. Best to go to Bangkok. The selection is 100 times better and much cheaper. They'll deliver for a small charge.

We had our beds/desks/etc custom made. Came out pretty good.

One place we've had marginal success with is Chokchai on Suk, near the old Index store. Almost across from Boonthavorn. We got our outdoor patio set from in front of Homeworks, next to Big C South Pattaya. It's OK. But wasn't really cheap.

You won't find all of the stuff you want in one place but will have to pad about.

1. If you have a generous budget then the place opposite PowerBuy on Pattaya Klang is good for traditional wood and good design.

2. The car park wall at the back of Big C Extra has 2 places: one selling lattice style furniture and another place selling solid wooden stuff. I have bought stuff from the second place. Recommended.

3. You can buy a bed from 3 places: the solid wood place above, another place on the slip road leading from Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit and the third is one of the furniture shops near Big C on Pattaya Tai. It is the third place I will get mine. It is the place which only sells beds.

Thanks you all for your inputs

SheungWan - could you please help me to find your 2. recomodation/place above? I didnt get you with the description.....

We bought all of our furniture from a shop on the North bound lane of Sukumvit across from the Pattaya Floating market. There are two stores there right next to each other

The lady at the first one told us that most of the stuff she sells is imported from Malaysia and that is where we bought. The second shop has a less expensive line of furniture

There is also a shop on Pattay Nua, near where it intersects with 3rd road that has a nice selection of more expensive furniture

I have been through Chic Republic on Sukhumvit---seems to a small step above Index.

Our neighbors bought a bedroom set from this place. Not cheap. But something that's not available anywhere else.

The new Index has some high end shops in the front building. Not cheap, but they have some really interesting furniture.

If you want quality and something unique, at a good price, furniture shopping here is no fun....

Thanks you all for your inputs

SheungWan - could you please help me to find your 2. recomodation/place above? I didnt get you with the description.....

Assume you are at the entrance to Big C Extra. Don't go in. Just turn to the right and follow the wall around. You will find to your left the entrance to the car park. Walk into the car park keeping to the wall which is now on your left. You will see an entrance to the store on your left and a number of food stalls immediately to your right. Just keep walking. First on your left you will see the lattice furniture place and then a cheap bed place. Walk further around the corner and there is the solid wood furniture place. They have a catalogue of stuff only a small amount on display. So look at that. They will also make things to order. The item I had delivered excellent quality. I ordered a table from the catalogue. Had to wait 3 weeks for delivery but worth it. Discount if ordering more than 1 item.