Thai Consulate - Liverpool, Uk

Hey all

I am going to the UK in a month and will be closest to the Thai Consulate in Liverpool. I wondered if anyone had any experience with this place: can I get triple entry tourist visas easily, do they do the one year tourist (does that exist, even?), etc etc.

Any info would be great,

Many thanks

Neph.

Hey all

I am going to the UK in a month and will be closest to the Thai Consulate in Liverpool. I wondered if anyone had any experience with this place: can I get triple entry tourist visas easily, do they do the one year tourist (does that exist, even?), etc etc.

Any info would be great,

Many thanks

Neph.

I am originally a resident of Merseyside, but when I wanted my Non Imm O, I was completely unaware of the existence of a Consulate in Liverpool...... So I drove to Hull (it was the closest one to come up in a google)

When the nice people in Hull found out where I lived, the question they asked was the obvious one! but they did add "never mind, they are only open two afternoons a week and not the easiest people to deal with"

But that was almost two years ago..... they may have brightened up a little now :o:D

I went there about 18 months ago. I was only in the UK for 1 week. When I checked on the website, it said that they only accepted postal applications. Even sending it by registered mail and back, I thought that the time was too short for comfort. A quick e-mail was sent asking could I drop the passport and paperwork off and pick it up later. The reply came back almost straightaway telling me to phone her as soon as I got there.

The earliest that I could phone was Monday morning. I can't remember the lady's name - I think it was Sue. "When do you want to come in?. Tuesday morning OK for you?" So we made an appointment for 11am, Tuesday. The office doesn't open until 11am but my wife and I were there at about 1030.

She saw us waiting outside, brought us in "Have you got the passport, paperwork and the money?" I handed everything over to her, "Can't read Thai so I don't need that lot - will take about 30 minutes".

My wife and I went over the road to Subway and within 20 minutes we saw her at the doorway of the building waving my passport at us. First class service.

So my advice is to find the e-mail address (Changed my computer so a lot of data was lost), send her a quick e-mail and she will sort you out.

Just found her e-mail address - [email protected]

I know the place well. They have a drop off box situated inside a jeweler's shop. You just drop off your stuff together with a stamped addressed enveloped and they send it all back to you in a day. Great service, but difficult to find the place if you are looking for an office!

• 6 months later...

Hello to you all,

I would just like to let you know that the Royal Thai Consulate at Liverpool is open 5 days a week 9-5, the phones are answered 10-12 & 2-4. The people at Liverpool are perfectly friendly and very accommodating (sometimes too accommodating). If you should need any information regarding visas, please call as the Consulate follows the guidelines stated by the Embassy.

I know this because I work for the Consulate and contrary to an old email on this site, not once have I experienced anyone complain about any us being 'not easy to deal with' (ok, there might have been one awkward customer once!). We have many repeat visitors to the Consulate and although it is a postal service, we never turn anyone away should they arrive on our doorstep.

If you should need help regarding visas, please feel free to call 0151 255 0504. For application forms please download from royalthaiconsul.com

Looking forward to being of assistance in the future.

I know this because I work for the Consulate

How refreshing to have information straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. Nice of you to have registered on this forum. Welcome!

:o

--

Maestro