Yingluck not required to appear before court on Feb 19

webfact

"Mr Sansern said ... the OAG could go ahead to indict her in the Supreme Court without her presence if she did not show up."

Will the OAG therefore also be proceeding shortly, with all the long-delayed cases against Ms Yingluck's brother, if this is actually the case ? whistling.gif

As a keen fighter-for-justice, he would surely not object, but I've always believed the presence of the alleged-miscreant was a 'must', for a case to start ?

I thought some of those 15 outstanding serious criminal cased had progressed beyond indictment and warrants issued for his arrest for non appearance at the first hearing?

Of course, despite his jumping bail, outstanding prison sentence, arrest warrants etc still no attempts at extraditing him.

Ridiculous,when is this country going to grow a pair I wonder. Yingluck is nothing more than a private citizen now and has been impeached and banned from politics for 5 years. It is martial law <deleted>, they might as well treat her like everybody else or simply leave her be. The special treatment hiso's eeceive here is a national disgrace, it should be the first thing the people demand. 2 tier justice is sickening anywhere, especially here where the prison systsem is so chaotic. Despicable

Removing the two tier system would mean putting the Generals right hand man in prison for murder.

Absolutely correct.

Now please state specifically who you are talking about and if this person has been charged with murder, sent for trail, been judged and sentenced to jail.

If you cannot or will not give ALL the details then may I politely suggest that you are talking rubbish.

Remember the old story of being innocent until proven guilty?

I am talking about Suthep, but you fail to understand the issue, for it is the two tier system which prevents some from ever being found guilty or even if they are, from ever being sentenced.

So you admit then that Suthep has never been charged with murder, sent for trail, been judged and sentenced to jail.

Therefore according to the laws of Thailand he is not guilty of the murders (according to the Red Shirts) that happened in 2010.

Equally according to your two tier reasoning Yungluck is equally not guilty of the events of 2013 and Thaksin is not guilty of the response to the drug killings of over 2,500 people nor of the 78 mulsims killed at Tak Bai by being stacked in Army trucks like trees.

ref Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tak_Bai_incident

There is another similar event but my mind has gone blank on where it was. Sorry about that.

Removing the two tier system would mean putting the Generals right hand man in prison for murder.

Absolutely correct.

Now please state specifically who you are talking about and if this person has been charged with murder, sent for trail, been judged and sentenced to jail.

If you cannot or will not give ALL the details then may I politely suggest that you are talking rubbish.

I am talking about Suthep, but you fail to understand the issue, for it is the two tier system which prevents some from ever being found guilty or even if they are, from ever being sentenced.

So you admit then that Suthep has never been charged with murder, sent for trail, been judged and sentenced to jail.

Therefore according to the laws of Thailand he is not guilty of the murders (according to the Red Shirts) that happened in 2010.

Equally according to your two tier reasoning Yungluck is equally not guilty of the events of 2013 and Thaksin is not guilty of the response to the drug killings of over 2,500 people nor of the 78 mulsims killed at Tak Bai by being stacked in Army trucks like trees.

There is another similar event but my mind has gone blank on where it was. Sorry about that.

He was deemed to be responsible for the assasination of the Italian Journalist by the Thai court who recomended that the Department of Special Investigations press charges against Suthep. Then the two tier system comes into play and Suthep not only goes scott free, but he takes to the stage to initiate the problem which required the coup to stop. At the end of which he admitted that he had been planning the coup all along.

I have no idea how you arrive at the idea that my reasoning that the eilte never get punnished means that they are in some way innocent!!?!??!?!

"It not necessary for former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to appear before the Supreme Court on Feb 19 "

"Mr Sansern said although the NACC had sent letter to Ms Yingluck telling her to report to the OAG on Feb 19, the OAG could go ahead to indict her in the Supreme Court without her presence if she did not show up.

Ms Yingluck’s presence in the first hearing will be compulsory"

--------------

I sense some slight contradiction. w00t.gif

"It not necessary for former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to appear before the Supreme Court on Feb 19 "

"Mr Sansern said although the NACC had sent letter to Ms Yingluck telling her to report to the OAG on Feb 19, the OAG could go ahead to indict her in the Supreme Court without her presence if she did not show up.

Ms Yingluck’s presence in the first hearing will be compulsory"

--------------

I sense some slight contradiction. w00t.gif

Welcome to Thailand

Just like the duo Abhisit/Suthep Ms. Yingluck first has to hear the charge at the OAG's office and following hear the charge again at the relevant court. The 'hear and acknowledge' at the court seems to be the formal first step which ensures the case can proceed.

Abhisit and Suthep went to the OAG a few times. I don't remember if it was deemed mandatory or if legal representatives could be sent. The presence for charging in the court is mandatory. That's why the police could request a warrant for Suthep and airdrop it to him, when his excuse not to appear was not accepted. Luckily the army got him and brought him to court. I'm sure the army has no problem doing the same if Ms. Yingluck loses her way.

Absolutely correct.

He was deemed to be responsible for the assasination of the Italian Journalist by the Thai court who recomended that the Department of Special Investigations press charges against Suthep. Then the two tier system comes into play and Suthep not only goes scott free, but he takes to the stage to initiate the problem which required the coup to stop. At the end of which he admitted that he had been planning the coup all along.

I have no idea how you arrive at the idea that my reasoning that the eilte never get punnished means that they are in some way innocent!!?!??!?!

Another one who has been reading the red history books.

He was not deemed responsible for assassinating anyone, the Italian Journalist was shot by the army in an unfortunate case of mistaken identity.

It came out clearly at the inquest that the Italian was wearing black and running from behind a barricade towards a group of reds carrying a camera which may have been mistaken for a weapon, the only identification he had was PRESS written on the back of his helmet, obviously, in the circumstances this could not have been seen. Had he been wearing clothes which clearly identified him as press he would have been alive today.

Suthep did not start the protests, they were well underway in many parts of the country as well as BKK before he emerged as a leader. I know this because I was there at some of them taking photos.

The only ones who consistently talked coup (and civil war) were the reds.

The admitted bit is only red fabrication.

• Like 1