Proof of income for Retirement Extension

My retirement extension needs to be renewed next month in Samui probably and I need a proof of income letter. As I'm in Bangkok next week I thought I would apply at the British Embassy. My questions are; does the Embassy still provide this service and if so at which address?

Thanks

Hi I have a UK passport but live in Aus My income for retirement is from there .How may I get a proof or income statement Bank Accountant or ? Thanks

The UK embassy will do an income letter with proof of any income. Just submit your proof of income from Australia.

See info on link I posted earlier.

Yes, I'm British, and did this recently.

Just go to the embassy in the morning with your bank statements in your name (originals), or in the cases of E-Statements Barclays told me I could print them out after downloading them and treat them as originals.

As long as it's all in order, there's a special form in the embassy to fill in, and you come back to collect after 2.30.

Just go to the embassy in the morning with your bank statements in your name (originals), or in the cases of E-Statements Barclays told me I could print them out after downloading them and treat them as originals.

As long as it's all in order, there's a special form in the embassy to fill in, and you come back to collect after 2.30.

Why are bank statements necessary ? Shouldn't the letter from the Gov. pension people be enough,it tells you how much pension you are getting ?

Is it the same deal with the Aust embassy? I have to do mine next month also. I looked for a form online but could not see one so I assume I have to collect from Immigration.

You will do a statutory declaration at the Oz embassy. They don't ask for any proof of your income. They have standard declaration form you will fill out.

Immigration does not have a form for it.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why are bank statements necessary ? Shouldn't the letter from the Gov. pension people be enough,it tells you how much pension you are getting ?

Providing you can show 800,000 baht pension no need for bank statments.

Is it the same deal with the Aust embassy? I have to do mine next month also. I looked for a form online but could not see one so I assume I have to collect from Immigration.

"editable commonwealth statutory declaration Australia" - Google Search - will enable you to pre-fill prior to going to the Embassy.

Looks a lot neater if your handwriting is like my chicken scrawl.

"editable commonwealth statutory declaration Australia" - Google Search - will enable you to pre-fill prior to going to the Embassy.

Has anyone had any experience with a standard wording the Immigration prefers? I know they can be pedantic sometimes

You could possibly have a look at how the Brits and American do theirs and base it on that.

Or, do your own thing.

The 3 main things I put on my last one (besides the obvious details required) were ......

What type of income stream ....

Reference numbers of that stream ......

A monthly amount in AUD .......

Worked for me yesterday.

Edited by Thai Chi

i went to the Australian embassy and signed a stat dec to say I had the required funds,no documents were required.this was enough for the imergration at Cap Chong

When i did my extension based on marriage @ Kap Choeng in December, I saw an English guy have his application for an extension based on retirement denied because the IO wanted bank statements to back up the letter he had from the British Embassy confirming his pension income....I guess it just depends on who handles your application on the day....

Edited by mxyzptlk

i went to the Australian embassy and signed a stat dec to say I had the required funds,no documents were required.this was enough for the imergration at Cap Chong

When i did my extension based on marriage @ Kap Choeng in December, I saw an English guy have his application for an extension based on retirement denied because the IO wanted bank statements to back up the letter he had from the British Embassy confirming his pension income....I guess it just depends on who handles your application on the day....

I will take 12 months bank statements and my Thai bank book with me to immigration in Hua Hin, just in case. I always find its better to be prepared and have too much. Besides if they see a pile of papers they will probably run a mile :)

What about marriage visa extension? I always used to get the income confirmation letter from the Chiang Mai British Consulate but they don't do this service any more.

When I contacted the British Embassy in Bangkok they told me they only do this for the Retirement visa.

What's going on?

What about marriage visa extension? I always used to get the income confirmation letter from the Chiang Mai British Consulate but they don't do this service any more.

When I contacted the British Embassy in Bangkok they told me they only do this for the Retirement visa.

What's going on?

I am always circumspect of things I am told over the phone in Thailand if it fails the common sense test. Go in person.

• Like 1

Moreover, letters from pension providers show gross figures (which are what count in Immigration's reckoning of monthly income), whereas bank statements, of course, only show net figures after the jolly old taxman at HMRC has taken his share. The 20% difference could be critical if net income is hovering around the 65.000 THB minimum requirement and the GBP takes another downward plunge in advance of the General Election on 7 May.

You will do a statutory declaration at the Oz embassy. They don't ask for any proof of your income. They have standard declaration form you will fill out.

If you in Pattaya, I can verify your OZ statutory declaration or true copy around Jomtien.

Myself: I gave immigration in Bangkok all copies of bank books with letters from bank dated within 5 days of issue, but was asked to do an update print & make copies on the spot. Strange, but all was accepted after completion of all above.

What's going on?

I am always circumspect of things I am told over the phone in Thailand if it fails the common sense test. Go in person.

Agreed,and when your there,go as high as you can and get a name and phone number.

As far as I know, a stat dec is a legally document. The Embassy is only witnessing your signature that you are the person making the statement. You are making a statement that the information is true. Sometimes stat dec's can be many pages long full of legal jargon. The information contain in the document is not really their business, they only have to satisfy themselves who your are and that it is your signature they witness

Are there any Canadians that can chime in here and let me know how the Canadian embassy handles this request? I know they will provide an affidavit at $50. dollars but I am wondering is it a simple hand in the air like the American do and swear your truthful or do you have to show pension statements etc etc.? Appreciate any info. Thanks in advance.

Do you know how the Canadian embassy handles this request Ubonjoe. I know they will provide an affidavit for $50 but will they ask for proof.

Do you know how the Canadian embassy handles this request Ubonjoe. I know they will provide an affidavit for $50 but will they ask for proof.

They will ask for proof of income to do the statutory declaration at the Canadian embassy.

They will also do it by mail if you have your signature notarized by a Thai notary,

• Like 1

--------------------

I'm not sure about other embessies, but the U.S. embessy wants you to fiill out bur NOT sign the form you can download.

You will be required to sign the form in front of the embesssy official who will then sign as having witnessed your signature.

So do NOT sign the filled out form until that time.

• Like 1

i am dutch smile.png

does the dutch ambassy give statements too and do they ask for proof ??

The Dutch embassy gives a statement of income, but you have to fill in yourself how much. You don't need to show any proof.

There is also a possibility to do do it by mail, but if you live in a part of Thailand where the mail is not trustworthy you'd better go to the embassy in person. I always go to Bangkok myself for that reason (och, het is een leuk jaarlijks uitje!).