Toppled Thai PM 'can't eat noodles' without our say: Prayut

webfact

from just a couple weeks ago, ...

"Today, have I ever restricted anyone's rights? Have I ever done that?" asked Gen. Prayuth,

It looks like the General is "outing" himself...

Toppled Thai PM 'can't eat noodles' without our say: junta chief

Yes but he is not restricting her movements. Just watching them. So I guess he isn't "outing" himself after all.

So there we have it. All those referring to Orwell were actually over-estimating what is actually the double-speak of a mere bouncer, with "security" for noodles. Noodles on a world stage. Fine thing indeed.

Edited by Squeegee

"If she wants to go to eat noodles then she can go but if we prohibit her then she cannot go,"

disgusting treatment of the ex-PM

Again. Did you hear that in Thai?
If the NEPM thought he was being misquoted by journalists he would have them arrested and intimidated.
  • Like 1

"If she wants to go to eat noodles then she can go but if we prohibit her then she cannot go,"

If the NEPM thought he was being misquoted by journalists he would have them arrested and intimidated.

Really .. AFP journalist!

• Like 2

"Today, have I ever restricted anyone's rights? Have I ever done that?" asked Gen. Prayuth,

I have to find the actual Thai text as inside the article it says "If she wants to go to eat noodles then she can go but if we prohibit her then she cannot go" rather than "can't eat noodles". Now the "cannot go" seems to fall under Martial Law and as such the PM isn't restricting.

I'm sure the legal advisors of Ms. Yingluck, those knowledgible chaps, would agree with this rolleyes.gif

A new abbreviation? I missed that, what does it stand for wai.gif

I guess since its an english language forum, and the OP is in English, and the statement is made in the OP, its reasonable to assume that posters might respond to it.

• Like 1

I guess since its an english language forum, and the OP is in English, and the statement is made in the OP, its reasonable to assume that posters might respond to it.

True.. my comments are to do with miss translation and deliberate change in emphasis.

Just because it's from AFP doesn't mean it's 100% accurate, does it?

Edited by casualbiker

Yes but he is not restricting her movements. Just watching them. So I guess he isn't "outing" himself after all.

"If she wants to go to eat noodles then she can go but if we prohibit her then she cannot go," Prayut told reporters Thursday, indicating the military would continue to monitor her movements.

• Like 1

"If she wants to go to eat noodles then she can go but if we prohibit her then she cannot go," Prayut told reporters Thursday, indicating the military would continue to monitor her movements.

Why would they do that? Do they think she might try skip the country?