Thailand USA delayed delivery Airmail and EMS, have you met this problem lately ?

thefactoryoutlet

Hello,

It seems that since the beginning of 2015 parcels to USA take longer to arrive, I have met the problem with Airmail and EMS parcel.

Is there any special reason but terrorists attacks ?

But since all this shiiite started I don't know what could be new reason to delay anything, I guess that they can't to more to check parcels than what they have done until now ? Anyway it will never happen that all parcels be checked, so they can just forget it !

Cheers.

I can't speak for Thailand to US but I can for UK to US and its a massive slowdown over the last 30 days. I have sent over 80 packages during that time and never before have I had to deal with so many delivery queries. Some of it can be put down to the weather, snow delayed a lot of flights, not however to slow it down to this degree. Could be worse I guess, packages to Australia take 4-5 days to get there and 4-5 weeks to clear customs.

• Like 2

It is tourist season - planes make more money on people than on carrying mail.

The delays occur after the mail reaches the US, colleague of mine shipping multiple tracked items via Singapore has been experiencing similar problems. And internal US mail seems to be OK. Seems to me tougher Customs checks taking place possibly.

• Like 1

Normal mail delivery to US has always been much longer for me - 14 days average for bank deposits sent from Bangkok - compared to 4-7 days for letters sent from same area of US to my home in Bangkok. I had an EMS letter wait a week in US for postmaster at local post office to be available to sign for it.

Worman1953USMail.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I can't speak for Thailand to US but I can for UK to US and its a massive slowdown over the last 30 days. I have sent over 80 packages during that time and never before have I had to deal with so many delivery queries. Some of it can be put down to the weather, snow delayed a lot of flights, not however to slow it down to this degree. Could be worse I guess, packages to Australia take 4-5 days to get there and 4-5 weeks to clear customs.

And no official explanation from USPS...

Surface mail was because of the West Coast dock strike which just ended

I sent some stuff to the UK , took 17 days and the ebay buyer was angry it took so long !

The other problem at least in the UK is that no tracking info is entered when it arrives , I think only when it gets out of UK Customs

so the tracking "trail" stops at BKK airport which does not help buyer confidence :(

On 11 February, I mailed an EMS package to Kentucky, USA. EMS tracking shows that shipment reached Suvanabumi Airport sorting station on 12 February, and then shows it going to Outbound OE - and then nothing thereafter.

Inquiring to Thai Post, they first advised that US Postal Service had announced refusal to accept incoming mail, due to snowstorms and west cost port strike. They then told me that my shipment had departed late on 12 February, on an Austrian Airlines flight to Vienna. "Not our problem" - but that is not what their EMS tracking site shows. I finally contacted Austrian Post office - by FAX (!) - and they replied to me by e-mail, confirming that the EMS package had not transited their location.

My conclusion: The USA did force countries to withhold EMS shipments to USA for at least a week in mid-February (maybe longer). Thai Post's airport mail handling facility was unable to deal with this, and - did something with backlogged mail other than holding it, and then dispatching it. It appears to me that my parcel was destroyed or discarded, and some report made, saying that it was sent to some irrelevant location.

I will say: I have made more than 600 EMS package shipments from Thailand since 2004, to some 68 countries - including at least 100 EMS shipments to USA - and this February 2015 shipment was the only one that disappeared.

MS

Edited by maisodni

I wonder if the 1000s of items sold a day on Ebay from china are also waiting to be cleared ?

the Customs warehouse can only be so big and handle so many packages a day ,

if they were really looking for something "special" it would really slow it down,

But since its "National Security" we will never know the truth :(

My wife just sent a package from Thailand to Maryland. It did take longer to arrive when we got it the package had been opened in the U.S.. It had a variety of knorrs bullion cubes, pork and chicken joke also dried squid, shrimp and some curry paste. The" A" holes took the joke and knorrs but sent on the other stuff. My wife was not happy.

I have noticed also since the beginning of February parcels normally arriving in the US within 14 days (regsitered airmail) are now upto 4 weeks.

There is a huge gap from "outward" when it leaves the Thai system, to re-entering the USPS system, which suggests a "Customs clearing" issue. Maybe security.

I also heard that mail from the UK by Air was being refused and insisted it was sent only by Ship.

Lets hope it settles down soon.