What's with all the bad feelings against Russians in Phuket?

KarenBravo

rude aggresive towards lot people and some quite vile towards thai people attitude problem taken from there leader putin the terrible freedom brought to them has made them think they are top dog but i blame lot the thai people as every thing now eems to be writtn in russian and pamper them lets see now they stop comming for a while

• Like 1

Nationalism, racial prejudice, sexism, dualistic fake democracy and religion and various other kinds of divisions are necessary to keep humanity manageable by a tiny elite, who without the ongoing production of strife, war and tension would be unable to acquire and keep the majority of assets and ensure the vast majority of people are firmly in their employ.

Dude ,or who ever, you are so right the @#$% on , I am so happy there ae people in society that realize this concept about divide and concour the little people ( as they call us ) the elites are phycopaths and sociopaths that care for none of us who are not kin. These other folks on this site and every site wake the @#$% up. Your time of dimise is near if you don't wake upfrom yourslumber. YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED for 9000 years my freinds. Don'ty dis me freinds !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've done the work ( reasearch) if you don't see then you are all a bunch of idiot clones and you deserve your imprisiment that you shall ( WILL ) received from the NEW WORLD ORDER.

To you Paul Christie , I commend you on having your eyes and mind open.

As for any of the brain dead pundits on this forum ( BRING IT THE @#$% ON DUDES ). I'm in it for the long run for a good debate.

KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. end of my tyraid . Peace , love , happiness and prosperity to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAMEST'E wai.gif

They can sometimes be basically pleasant, but I think the per capita illegal activities are pretty telling. I worked with several in Phuket, and while they were not exactly thugs, they were the laziest and whiniest staff we had. Funny, I don't mind Russians when I am in Russia, but the ones who travel, seem to be the worse. Perhaps because the majority who have the money to travel did not come by it honestly, consider what how poor the average Russian still is?

My experience is the opposite.The(very few) russians that are able to travel a lot are usually polite and well behaved.The ones who are not are those who can`t afford to travel every year and they are the ones you experience here in Thailand......And despite the old rumours,most russians aren`t millionaires !

That's why it's great to be Australian. Everyone loves an Aussie!

No unfortunately their is two many shirtless or singlet wearing Aussies usually covered in tatts that once drunk can be very loud and obnoxious that ruins it for all the decent Aussies that travel here,

many with decent families.

• Like 2

Hmmmm.......have a friend who runs a game-fishing operation. He tells me that without the Russians, his business would have folded a couple of years ago.

Villa market has a very sizeable Russian clientèle and the main nationality buying property at the moment is Russian. Therefore, I don't really believe that the Russians don't spend.

They certainly spend more than the Chinese and Koreans.

Villa Market..

So you consider people feeding theselves as 'big spenders' do you?

You obviously haven't seen the prices at Villa Mart, or, the kind of food they stock, have you?

Come back when you have a bit more local knowledge.

Villa Market takings are down considerably as the Russians are not spending like they used to, one of my Russian clients has cut his pool service back to once a month & this same guy runs a fishing business, nearly all my work in the last 3 to 4 years has been from Russians but now nothing from them.

The Russians I know have always been courteous, polite & never any delay in making payments but they are now not visiting with the frequency they used to.

Hmmmm.......have a friend who runs a game-fishing operation. He tells me that without the Russians, his business would have folded a couple of years ago.

Villa market has a very sizeable Russian clientèle and the main nationality buying property at the moment is Russian. Therefore, I don't really believe that the Russians don't spend.

Villa Market..

Many people live in Pattaya with their families and shop there. Big spenders or not, some people do not sit at bars and eat out every night. We have young grandchildren and tend to stay home at week night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Villa Market..

You obviously haven't seen the prices at Villa Mart, or, the kind of food they stock, have you?

Come back when you have a bit more local knowledge.

Villa Market takings are down considerably as the Russians are not spending like they used to, one of my Russian clients has cut his pool service back to once a month & this same guy runs a fishing business, nearly all my work in the last 3 to 4 years has been from Russians but now nothing from them.

The Russians I know have always been courteous, polite & never any delay in making payments but they are now not visiting with the frequency they used to.

Yes, big differences between the Russian expats and the majority of Russian tourists.

Yes, the working class is the same everywhere, and of course they want fun for a couple of days a year.

Only the foolish think that money grows on trees, because they never worked for it.

And now they find they're absolutely dependant on those they treat with disgust.

What do we care?

Nastrowje

• Like 1

Each and every precious one of us is the object of scorn or derision from other groups, other races, religions, political ideologists, maybe even other family members and neighbors. In spite of all the pleadings, solicitations and commands directed against these low regarded attitudes by them which considers themselves morally superior (A group I personally despise) each individual I have ever met holds some and sometimes many loathsome opinions about others they do not even know. Those who possess a calmer disposition seem to fare best. The rest of us are doomed to stew in our own juice.

My wife who is dealing with a lot of tourists in her job doesn't really dislike Russians. Hard to get them to smile but they are usually polite and even when they don't know a single word of english, they try to break the language barrier with an electronic dictionary or some sort of sign language.

She says the worst customers are by far the French, very often rude, thinking you are a retard when you don't understand their french, stubbornly repeating the same thing in french thinking the poor thai employee will magically understand them after a while, complaining about the price of everything ("but in France I paid this"), shamelessly lying and getting angry when lies are discovered, asking questions but discarding the response if it doesn't suit them, wanting the top of the best product, but when discovering the cost, actually buying the cheapest solution... I could go on and on.

Personnally, I agree with her about the French, that's why I left this frikking country. On the other hand my encounters with Russians are not so nice. 2 or 3 young Russian couples are renting a very nice villa in the neighbourhood. Rich parents I suppose. A few weeks ago the installed an insanely loud outdoor sono around their pool. They threw a few parties with hollywood-patong level of noise reverberating in a km radius around their pool. I usually don't care much as people can have fun from times to times but they played the music from 2am to 8 or 9 am, <deleted>?! At 4 or 5 am pretty much all of the guests had left already but they kept playing their crap transe music for hours. They either did not give a single <deleted> about anybody or intentionally wanted to piss off all of their neighbours.

The worst was for their last party (thank god they didn't continue the 2 parties a week schedule). The music cut at 3 or 4 am. Well that's a nice progress I thought. Big mistake! Probably having to much coke in their bodies, they could not get a good sleep, so decided to have an early breakfast around their pool. And what's the logical thing to do at 8am for those russians? Blasting some techno music so loud they had to shout on top of their lungs just to communicate with each other, until noon. I swear if I had a rocket launcher with me I would not have hesitated pulling the trigger at that time. Instead I opted out for a discreet petty revenge a few days later.

Main problem with Russian's in Thailand is it's mainly the low class ones who come here (same with Chinese),Go to tourist places where upper middle class Russians and Chinese go and you generally find little antagonism against either nationality

Guess they're hard working women.

Blue-collar workers don't have so much time for make-up like snobistic elitist females.

And please, rich Farangs: What do your women look like at the age of 35? You don't want them either, and that's why you come to Thailand.