House Contractor Mukdahan Area

50baht

Can anyone recomend a Contractor out here in the Boonies Dong Luang, Mukdahan
ดงหลวง ? About 1 hour from Mukdahan downtown. Wife has good amount of wood from old house but rough. I heard they bring the "Saw Mill" to you ? budget 800,000- 1Million baht. Land paid for, landfill in place and leveled.

Edited by Maestro
Removed an off-topic attachment.

all the good contractors in the Muckdahan area are real busy

as everybody wants stuff build before the rainy eason starts

we needed some work done on the wifes shop,all the good ones were booked for about 2 months

there are a bunch of contractors that talk a good story,but when you ask around about them,most if not all do sh*ty work

It is my experience to stay clear of farang contractors. They charge a lot but still use Thai labor. They say you get what you pay for but there are ways to pay more and get poor quality. I am still repairing what what was done. Plumbing, paint falling off, leaking roof, electrical problems, trim falling down, etc.

Warranty, you say? They have come out 3 times and never fixed anything. They just cover it up and I wait for it to fall apart again.

I'm contractor.My head office located at Cha Am /Petchburi province , but we are willing to service all clients needed around Thailand.

For more info your can visit our website to see our previously works or direct line PM me/ Boat . Thank you

Edited by CharlieH

You could ask the owner of the local Home Mart for names and numbers of builders. I did so in my part of Isaan. The local Home Mart will know all the builders and they have an idea who is buying proper building materials and who is cutting corners and buying marginal building materials.

You could ask the owner of the local Home Mart for names and numbers of builders. I did so in my part of Isaan. The local Home Mart will know all the builders and they have an idea who is buying proper building materials and who is cutting corners and buying marginal building materials.

And how would they know who is good? Go in any village in Isaan and you will be recommended to a relative who is a part time farmer/ builder.

Salesmen are salesmen and builders are builders(sometimes).

Edited by DILLIGAD

And how would they know who is good? Go in any village in Isaan and you will be recommended to a relative who is a part time farmer/ builder.

Salesmen are salesmen and builders are builders(sometimes)

You seem to miss the point.

If you were to go and buy building materials from a merchants why would they offer bad advice on contractors? Why would they "go in any Issan village" to find a builder? Surely that would have negative impact on their business. You must remember that every builders merchants has had their own shop/warehouse built.

Good advise from Kamalabob ( even though he seems to be doing a bit of self advertising).

• Like 1

Maybe I didn't spell it out so succinctly. It's best so seek advice from an independent source. A local builders merchant will recommend friends &/or family so they can get a "kick-back".

It's human nature, everyone knows that.

Is that why you recommended who you did cheesy.gif

Don't judge others by your own standards laugh.png

My recommendation is to drive around locally to where you are going to build and find some house's that you like and then ask the owners who built it for them.Then ask the builder to show you other houses he has built.

Most people that have problems with their builder normally only have themselves to blame,there are some very good local builders out there if you take time to look wink.png

• Like 1

Your wife should probably know which of the local builders are decent. You might have a builder in the amphur who is quite professional, and does most of the construction for local businesses etc, alternatively if you see a house which you like nearby, ask your wife to find out who built it, and get some feedback from the people who have had houses built by that builder, and then assuming the feedback is good, employ the same builder to build yours.

I don't know about building a wooden house though, as although they do make some lovely teak houses in Thailand, in general they don't really use wood because of the cost involved. Brick/concrete houses are pretty good here though, and usually pretty cost effective, we got our 3 bedroom house built by a quite professional company for 1.5M using "Mostly good materials", we could have had it cheaper if we'd decreased the quality a little.