Yingluck warned over rice scheme: PM

Lite Beer

Yingluck warned over rice scheme: PM

13-2-2558-17-14-52-wpcf_728x407.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha on Friday said he had warned Yingluck Shinawatra, while she was still prime minister and he the army chief, that there were problems over her government's rice-pledging scheme.

Gen Prayuth, who is also chairman of the National Council for Peace and Order, said he, then as a government official, cautioned Ms Yingluck that many people had criticised the controversial rice programme.

He gave Ms Yingluck the warning before the May 22, when he staged a coup last year, he said.

“I told her there would be problems. She said everything would be alright and she was determined to push through the programme. She said she had evidence to fight back,” said Gen Prayut.

Gen Prayut said that as army chief he felt obliged to support every government in implementing its policy.

“So when there were problems I asked how she would cope with them. She said she could handle them and, as leader of the country’s administration, she was ready to take the responsibility,” he said.

The Office of the Attorney General plans to indict Ms Yingluck in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions on Feb 19.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-warned-rice-scheme-pm

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-13

I believe many of us had some hopes when the coup removed some shit. It seems to have been replaced with what's becoming diarrhoea. I wonder how smelly it can get?

With Ms. Yingluck and her legal team desperately trying to avoid a court case, it would seem a lot it still uncovered.

• Like 2

She said she could handle them and, as leader of the countrys administration, she was ready to take the responsibility, he said.

Both Yingluck and Nattawut have a curious way of taking responsibility. Taking responsibility, in their tiny minds, means saying you will and then hiring a lawyer when the sh-t hits the fan.

I would like him to clarify "problem" before making any comment. Corruption, losses? What problems because some are just policy problems and others are corruption.

Not sure what he means if he is talking about corruption. Why would she say she could handle corruption?

Edited by Thai at Heart

Of course she and her brother knew there were serious problems with the price pledging scheme but Thaksin (who was behind this like he was behind everything Yingluck did) didn't care. First his push for amnesty was shot down, then his shady, corrupt rice scheme. Follow the money and you will see that this corruption travels from the top to the bottom. Billions of baht has been skimmed off all up and down the program.

There was not any provable leakage of billions of baht. There was a loss because they paid a subsidised price. She isn't accused of corruption, she is accused of negligence.

They have one deal of not supplying to Iran for which someone is in jail, and faked b to b deals. The bulk of the loss is in structural loss not corruption