Farang big bikers invade Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- Thousands of big bikers, most of them farang, joined the first day of the Burapa Pattaya Bike Week Asian Ride Together 2015 Friday.

The event is being s held for two days – Friday and Saturday – at the Eastern Region Stadium on Soi Chaiyaphruek 2.

It has been the 18th event held in Pattaya for groups of big bike lovers in eastern provinces and other parts of the country as well as foreigners to have a get-together, Pattaya Mayor Itthipol Khunpluem said.

The stadium is divided into zones of chopper bikes, classic bikes, American bikes and Indian bikes. There is a zone for selling goods and foods. The organizers also dispatched security officers to guard the area.

Prasarn Niphajee, the chairman of the Burapha Bike Group, said the event this year was held under the “Welcome Home” theme and it was the biggest event so far. He said big bikers from around would feel at home at the event.

He expected that big bikers from around the country and even those from Europe would join the event. Prasarn said he expected that the event would draw more than 50,000 big bikers.

As part of the activities, Itthipol said, thousands of bikers would join a peace ride through several tourist-destinations in the seaside city.

The Pattaya mayor said several groups of big bikes from Europe, America, Asia and Scandinavia had committed to join the event.

Last year, more than 10,000 bikers joined the event and they stayed at hotels and resorts in the seaside city, generating a lot of income for the hotels and tourism businesses there.

'They plan to ride through Holiday destinations for peace'? And upset the locals with the noise? They have put up with the locals noise the whole year round from Boom boxes on pickups. Vendors who think we live on another planet and the steady thump, thump, thump of some party going on. Now it is our turn. Live with it!!coffee1.gif

It does look like it's much, much larger than the first time I went a few years ago. The tents and booths have spread out into areas that had been empty spaces in years past. A lot of the food booths are now set up outside of the main area (to the left of the main entrance) though there are still a few dotted around the inner areas. I also saw 2 other stages set up in addition to the main stage, and they have that new area beside the pond, where the booze tents are set up now.

And no, the stadium is not divided into "zones" for different types of bikes. You can wander through the "rings" of booths and see all kinds of bikes scattered throughout the place. Custom choppers, rat bikes, Harleys and other big bikes of all types (Yamaha, Honda, BMW, etc). Indian Motorcycles and Yamaha have set up large display areas (I didn't see the Harley Davidson display area - not sure if I missed it or they didn't set on up). Various clubs and local businesses have booths set up selling all manner of goodies, snacks and souvenirs. I saw more teepees set up there than any other place outside of a John Wayne movie !

There was also some kind of show (or shows) happening in the main stadium parking area. I was busy trying to avoid all the oncoming traffic as I was leaving so I didn't get much of a look at it.

Today is the big ride through town (sometime this afternoon) - ought to be quite a sight as a few thousand big bikes ride through Pattaya (not sure if the route is the same as before though, the initial article mentioned "a peace ride through several tourist-destinations in the seaside city"). Previously we started out on Soi Chaiyaphruek, then headed up Sukhumvit to North Pattaya road, down to Beach Road and on into Walking Street, then to Thappraya Road, Jomtien Beach Road and turned back onto Soi Chaiyaphruek to get back to the stadium. Haven't seen anything about the route this year though (not a big concern when you are buried somewhere in the middle of the pack playing follow the leader).

• Like 2

All noisy bikes should be brand -labelled: 'Look-at-me' bikes often driven by aging rockers who should know better than trying to re-capture their lost youth.

I don't know about rocker, aging yes but so are you. Recapture? I call it a continuation in a different country. That 4 seconds of noise as they go by must be excruciating for you.

All noisy bikes should be brand -labelled: 'Look-at-me' bikes often driven by aging rockers who should know better than trying to re-capture their lost youth.

I don't know about rocker, aging yes but so are you. Recapture? I call it a continuation in a different country. That 4 seconds of noise as they go by must be excruciating for you.

That 4 seconds may not but the minutes of rev rev rev while they wait at a red light does. Then there's them waking up all the dogs in my soi, with the resultant barking that wakes the humans as they return home in the wee hours. Very inconsiderate. Should be banned. Edited by Keesters

You know what they say.

Big noisy bike, very small chopper.

Loads of very small choppers in Pattaya and Jomtien now days. wai2.gif

Oh i always thought that if you drank too much Chang you could not use your chopper anymore and you would get fat too.

Guess we have different sayings.

I got a ninja 650 and some sound is good at least cars notice you better then. But idiots like in the southpark clip are ofcourse a nuisance.

Never judge a book by the cover.

You got a 650 Ninja, Wow, nice bike, sounds ok, but the Exhaust pipe is way to short,

can't see that giving any pleasure to the rider.

Get with the program man, get a Honda 125 wave, it has a long thick pipe and will

please all who ride it, it's great all the ladies love a 125 wave, that I know.

Have a nice day giggle.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Never judge a book by the cover.

You got a 650 Ninja, Wow, nice bike, sounds ok, but the Exhaust pipe is way to short,

can't see that giving any pleasure to the rider.

Get with the program man, get a Honda 125 wave, it has a long thick pipe and will

please all who ride it, it's great all the ladies love a 125 wave, that I know.

Have a nice day giggle.gif

I got a scooter too for the shopping, the only (dis)pleasure i see that many Thai ladies have from the exhaust pibe is burns on the leg.

The world needs more bikes and less cars

For sure and some rules in Thailand that keep the police from preying on bikes would be nice. Those stupid rules where bikes can't go and that they have to stay left are outdated. The more motorbikes there are the better traffic moves. They just move more people in less space and as a bonus safe fuel too compared to cars.

My big bike goes faster as most cars but I have to stay on the slow left lane.. am not allowed to take certain flyovers.. the list is long. Its crazy and outdated.

• Like 1

More Thai people riding more bikes will only = one thing,

more dead people.

Seen a few young and Old Falangs riding like axxholes the last year.

Think there have been a few more of them dead as well.

Its not through drink, its through total stupidity most of the time.

Carry on riding.

Edited by onemorechang