My Gf Is From Bkk And Only Has A Few Hobbies

austallia_1980

.. Really, what else is there to do in BKK?

Umm... you could always sleep... :o

totster :D

hmmmmm

he goes to Malls and yet hasn't had an English conversation <in either Aussie ENG or US Eng?> Time to sit down in a starbucks and meet people methinks ...

Unless Thais are from the countryside their ideas of spending time are not necessarily the same as ours. Appreciating nature is one of those lovely things.

My wife is not Thai, but she is Asian brought up in NZ, and we went to a most beautiful picnic spot in the Cameron Highlands - simply stunning views.

All the family could think of was how to unpack the food and then have a nap . . .

Lucky my wife was brought up in NZ and has similar ideas in relation to nature and not always having to be in malls - I find it difficult to see how so many Caucasians have that much in common with Thais particularly. (in reference to the above)

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by Sing_Sling

.. Really, what else is there to do in BKK?

Umm... you could always sleep... :o

hmmmmm

he goes to Malls and yet hasn't had an English conversation <in either Aussie ENG or US Eng?> Time to sit down in a starbucks and meet people methinks ...

AH HA !

Unless Thais are from the countryside their ideas of spending time are not necessarily the same as ours. Appreciating nature is one of those lovely things.

My wife is not Thai, but she is Asian brought up in NZ, and we went to a most beautiful picnic spot in the Cameron Highlands - simply stunning views.

All the family could think of was how to unpack the food and then have a nap . . .

Lucky my wife was brought up in NZ and has similar ideas in relation to nature and not always having to be in malls - I find it difficult to see how so many Caucasians have that much in common with Thais particularly. (in reference to the above)

(Edited for spelling)

Sing_Sling-You account of the trip to Cameron Highlands reminds me of a similar experience I had there many years ago. At that time I had a good Thai friend (my only good male friend in all my years here) and we decided to travel by train down through Malaysia to Singapore. At that time I lived in the heart of Bangkok in a tiny flat. I was so relieved to get out in the countryside and see some green. So we get to Cameron Highlands, and I was esthatic. Green, green, green, cool weather, hardly any people... My Thai friend? "Let's go find a bar, this is boring, nothing to do here..." Different strokes for different folks I guess.

(Edited for spelling)

Sing_Sling-You account of the trip to Cameron Highlands reminds me of a similar experience I had there many years ago. At that time I had a good Thai friend (my only good male friend in all my years here) and we decided to travel by train down through Malaysia to Singapore. At that time I lived in the heart of Bangkok in a tiny flat. I was so relieved to get out in the countryside and see some green. So we get to Cameron Highlands, and I was esthatic. Green, green, green, cool weather, hardly any people... My Thai friend? "Let's go find a bar, this is boring, nothing to do here..." Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Try to explain the sense to climb a mountain to a Thai......

I mean walking, not with the car....

(Edited for spelling)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha . You'd be the freakshow of the millenium :o They'd go like..."Are you out of your minds?"

Edited by alexth

(Edited for spelling)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha . You'd be the freakshow of the millenium :o They'd go like..."Are you out of your minds?"

qultrough - :D sad, but how very true . . . kind of like missing the pollution. As well as the guys that work for me thinking I'm mad if I even want to walk a few hundred metres . . . and this is in the country, not the city.

Yup, different strokes for different folks indeed!

About 16 years ago I lived in Chiang Mai for a few months. Decided to take a walk up the mountain. Nobody had any idea how/if it could be done, nor knew of any reasons why anyone would do that. I eventually found a path that led about 2/3 of the way up, and then finished the hike on the road. Whether or not there was a path all the way to the top I never found out. We shouldn't be too hard on the Thais about that attitude. The Swiss didn't climb their mountains until the English took an interest, and with the heat the Thais have even better reason not to.

This topic brings sweet memories...walks on the Caraiman Massif in the Bucegi Mountains (Southern Carpathians, Romania), the Bicaz Gorges, I was in high-school and we used to camp in the mountain for 3 or 4 days, sometimes longer, walking, listening my friends playing the guitar, all the jokes and tricks, wonderful... :D:o

About 16 years ago I lived in Chiang Mai for a few months. Decided to take a walk up the mountain. Nobody had any idea how/if it could be done, nor knew of any reasons why anyone would do that. I eventually found a path that led about 2/3 of the way up, and then finished the hike on the road. Whether or not there was a path all the way to the top I never found out. We shouldn't be too hard on the Thais about that attitude. The Swiss didn't climb their mountains until the English took an interest, and with the heat the Thais have even better reason not to.

Qualtrough - I believe the Swiss were living on theor mountains long before English were English - Zermatt, Zinal, Forel etc . . .(except for the matterhorn, of course - didn't four out of 7 Brits die during the ascent or descent?)

I'm a mountain geek - love to climb the things . . . best I could do in SEAsia was Kinabalu . . .

hello mate,

i got a top idea how to win your good lady over. :D

if you follow my advise you could very end up being the gf's new hobby.

first thing is romance. :D

answer to this quest is,

5th floor restaurant , MBK centre for a cracking plate of noodle soup . :D

cheers mate and good luck at being ther gf's new hobby. :o

Qualtrough - I believe the Swiss were living on theor mountains long before English were English - Zermatt, Zinal, Forel etc . . .(except for the matterhorn, of course - didn't four out of 7 Brits die during the ascent or descent?)

I'm a mountain geek - love to climb the things . . . best I could do in SEAsia was Kinabalu . . .

my wife told me that the mountains are veeeerry dangerous, there are communists, strange people, original people which are not thai. And they all want to kill me.

I told her that I just take 2 bottles wiskey with me and if some dangerous communists want to kill me I simple share one bottle with them and explain that I am good comrad and communist as well...

But that did not work for my wife.....

I than asked her, if she was ever in the mountains, if she know anyone who was: Answer no

If there are things reported in the news: no

Where she take the knowlege that it is dangerous: because everone knows that..... :o

my wife told me that the mountains are veeeerry dangerous, there are communists, strange people, original people which are not thai. And they all want to kill me.

I told her that I just take 2 bottles wiskey with me and if some dangerous communists want to kill me I simple share one bottle with them and explain that I am good comrad and communist as well...

I than asked her, if she was ever in the mountains, if she know anyone who was: Answer no

Where she take the knowlege that it is dangerous: because everone knows that..... :o

:D

We went sky-diving in NZ, rode on ATVs, she won't do bungee-jumping though, I diid. We go skiiing every year and she loves it! We have ridden on skidoos in Italy. We go hiking in HK and she loves it. I think I am quite lucky, we have very similar likings.

Hey nice one but you forgot to write what you wanted to say. :D

Ah, it works again.

Yup, lucky as well - she loves hiking in the snow and diving and lots of good stuff . . .

Going back to walking theme.

When i'm up in the village, i like to walk upto the fish farms we have. It takes about 30 mins to walk to get there. They always ask me if i want to go on motorbike and look at me like i'm stupid when i say no i'll walk. They all (the mrs and brothers) get on their motorbikes and drive and the same speed that i'm walking at :D:D:D Takes them 30 mins to get there as well. :o

Ah, it works again.

Yup, lucky as well - she loves hiking in the snow and diving and lots of good stuff . . .

Good for you!

But Hiking in the snow??? Shit! That is hard work!

We went sky-diving in NZ, rode on ATVs, she won't do bungee-jumping though, I diid. We go skiiing every year and she loves it! We have ridden on skidoos in Italy. We go hiking in HK and she loves it. I think I am quite lucky, we have very similar likings.

Does she have a sister? :o