Reporting to immigration in Phibun after returning to Thailand?

I swear I posted this question a few days ago but I can't see it anywhere.

I was at Ubon immigration on Thursday and they officer told my wife, not me, that the next time I returned to Thailand from abroad via BKK that I needed to go report to the immigration office in Phibun, show them my arrival stamp and say "Honey, I'm home" to the immigration officer.

I've never heard of this. Is this a new requirement, something unique to Phibun or a misunderstanding?

I read everything on their walls and only saw that I could do 90 day reporting my mail. I was the only one there but all five employees were busy with papers and it took over 90 minutes to get an extension and multiple entry. All my papers were in order, I only had to sign a couple stacks of copies I'd made of my passport pages. I don't know what took so long.

I did see a couple Lao hookers come in though, show their passport, answer a couple questions and were out in a matter of minutes and it seemed like they were reporting arrival back into the country.

I have never heard of Phibun wanting any such reports. They have certainly never told my wife that.

It would be a report of you staying in her home done on TM30 form. Those are only needed once unless you move and we have never been asked for one..

I have a tambien ban so I'm not sure that would be required. For some reason on this extension, they asked for her tambien ban, copy of her passport and aked her what day she returned to Thailand from holiday with me. This was for an Non-O retirement. Perhaps it's because I'd moved since my last 90 day report?

At the end, right before I finally got my passport back, the officer asked where I'd last worked and in which country. I think that was after he'd filed everything in so I'm not sure why the curiosity.

My last extension I handed my passport, copies and one or two papers to my lawyer when we were at Chaengwattana and paid the fee and was out in 30 minutes, including waiting time. No questions about my wife or I.

Her tambien ban was used as your proof of residence since you are married. Not sure about the questions or even a copy of her passport.

Every office is a bit different for proving residence. CW does not normally ask for much proof while others want a lot.

Moving means you needed proof of your current residence.

It is different doing it with a lawyer and on your own. CW might take longer than before. There have been reports of long waits there.