Surapong hits back at Thavorn over Ms Yingluck’s alleged escape plan

Lite Beer

I wish they would simply stop trying to whitewash the Shiniwatatra's.

There is little doubt that this woman will be off like geese in winter should things get tough. It is a family trait to dodge the bullet.

No chance in hell that she will do prison time.

Shinawatra is actually an anagram of "what ran is a..."...and the answer is coward.

It's a family trait to plead ignorance, lie, cheat and then run when it gets to hot...

If she get's half a chance, she will at least try to run...and hopefully get caught.

Mr. White lies complaining about someone lying ! He's hardly a witness of truth at the best of times.

Mr. White Lies is Kittirat the former Finance Minister in Yingluck's Thaksin's puppet government headed by his baby sister, Yingluck.

Khun Smigel, on the other hand, was the self-professed-to-be-unqualified Foreign Minister and cousin of the Shinawatras. No bias in his remarks. /sarc

Isn't he the one who returned Thaksin his passport?

Yes he is and AFAIK he has STILL not responded to the Ombudsman as to why it was returned.

So tell me why has his passport not been canceled by your beloved junta ? Maybe they don't want him back just like they don't want YS to stand trail, because if she is found guilty the junta could be brought to trail for corruption they may have commited during their power binge, after they they leave government/power/gravy train (that is if they ever leave power). The legal president have been created (impeaching a PM after leaving office) that could backfire badly in future. Hate and revenge are powerful emotions that destroy and devide people and countries.

I hope she doesn't flee and calls the bluff of her adversaries. The NCPO, courts, military, NLA, independent agencies, yellow shirt clique will no doubt find her guilty regardless of what is just as there is no separation of powers or effective rule of law in Thailand. Will they jail her? And what would be the reaction of western democracies into making Yingluck a high profile political prisoner? Would that be in the interests of the NCPO?

The Americans and EU have openly said in recent times that they believe that her prosecution is political. I would be interested to see how they would react to her jailing

Excuse me. "Yingluck a political prisoner?"

I don't think you can put Yingluck in the same class as other true political prisoners.

She has been charged with the crime of dereliction of duty for her inaction for not stopping the mismanagement of the rice pledging scheme. I don't know of any real political prisoners that has ever been charged with such blatant crimes. Political crimes usually are charged for a person criticizing the political party in power. Yingluck is not being charged for dissention, but a criminal charge for mismanagement of her duties.

Let the courts do their thing to hear her plea and why she thought it was OK to completely ignore the calls that corruption was running rampart by the opposition party. Now she is being held responsible for her actions, or (inactions as the case may be). Her claiming asylum for being a political prisoner is pure BS.

But I reckon it's all about perception. You obviously don't see the political prisoner angle. The Americans do. They have already stated as such:

"I'll be blunt here: When an elected leader is deposed, impeached by the authorities that implemented the coup, and then targeted with criminal charges while basic democratic processes and institutions are interrupted (no rule of law or separation of powers), the international community is left with the impression that these steps could be politically driven," Russel said

http://hosted2.ap.org/OHGAL/e1746e01b7de43cdbb5e734fc37b1408/Article_2015-01-28-AS--Thailand-US-Diplomacy/id-c38546a1ec6b4a469f6ec895ba469ee2

The US government is saying if you find her guilty then she is a political prisoner in the eyes of the western democracies. If you jail her we will have to consider our diplomatic response.

So will the NCPO and PM Prayuth jail her?

Edited by lewy67

This geezer is still gnashing he's teeth, these are the sort of people that the PTP and former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawartra should be now discarding and replacing with people with some respectability ,even though Khun Surapong is probably correct , if they only knew how well they would go if they off loaded all their garbage, got rid of the loud mouth red necks and criminal element and provided a worthwhile political party, being Valentines weekend , love is blind.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The ultra right wing nationalist faction of the coup has backed the US into a corner - it is a fight the Junta cannot win (with or without China's backing)

Since they seem to be unquestionably in charge of the country, with no viable challenges to their rule, it seems to me that the junta are indeed 'winning'.

Here's a hint - the people with the guns generally (pun intended) 'win'.

They are not there to rule. They are there to get the country into shape to hold free and fair elections.

They are not there to win. They are there to create stability and order.

As to the guns, not sure where they come in as it was a 'bloodless coup d'etat that was necessary to stop the killings (of primarily yellow shirt supporters that were seeking real democracy).

That is one completely unreal post. There may be something in your diet you should stay off.

Obviously not swallowing Red propaganda like some poster on here

I hope she doesn't flee and calls the bluff of her adversaries. The NCPO, courts, military, NLA, independent agencies, yellow shirt clique will no doubt find her guilty regardless of what is just as there is no separation of powers or effective rule of law in Thailand. Will they jail her? And what would be the reaction of western democracies into making Yingluck a high profile political prisoner? Would that be in the interests of the NCPO?

The Americans and EU have openly said in recent times that they believe that her prosecution is political. I would be interested to see how they would react to her jailing

I don't think you can put Yingluck in the same class as other true political prisoners.

She has been charged with the crime of dereliction of duty for her inaction for not stopping the mismanagement of the rice pledging scheme. I don't know of any real political prisoners that has ever been charged with such blatant crimes. Political crimes usually are charged for a person criticizing the political party in power. Yingluck is not being charged for dissention, but a criminal charge for mismanagement of her duties.

Let the courts do their thing to hear her plea and why she thought it was OK to completely ignore the calls that corruption was running rampart by the opposition party. Now she is being held responsible for her actions, or (inactions as the case may be). Her claiming asylum for being a political prisoner is pure BS.

But I reckon it's all about perception. You obviously don't see the political prisoner angle. The Americans do. They have already stated as such:

"I'll be blunt here: When an elected leader is deposed, impeached by the authorities that implemented the coup, and then targeted with criminal charges while basic democratic processes and institutions are interrupted (no rule of law or separation of powers), the international community is left with the impression that these steps could be politically driven," Russel said

http://hosted2.ap.org/OHGAL/e1746e01b7de43cdbb5e734fc37b1408/Article_2015-01-28-AS--Thailand-US-Diplomacy/id-c38546a1ec6b4a469f6ec895ba469ee2

The US government is saying if you find her guilty then she is a political prisoner in the eyes of the western democracies. If you jail her we will have to consider our diplomatic response.

If the USA was being hard nosed about this Russell would have said "is left with the impression that these steps could be ARE politically driven",

Defamation only counts if you're on the right political side. Right now that side is the military.

Even though Gen. Prayuth says don't criticize unless you have the facts to support it, I doubt the NCPO will allow Yingluck to sue Thavorn for deformation.

What the US perceives and what is reality are completely different things...Depending on their own interests.

See the difference in their stance on the coups in Thailand and Egypt.

Any decision will be that of a court, but of course those who affiliate themselves with the shins will never believe the courts could do anything based on the evidence presented.

Unless it is one of the reds or PT who have been acquitted then it is justice being done.

• Like 1

This guy really does sit at the end of the shinawatra's dog leash to be brought out of the kennel when the need arises. The thing is though that some dogs would have had more experience at being foreign ministers than this guy and sometimes I think they had no choice, but to choose Surapong as the foreign minister because he has the ability to hold a pen to sign for the return of thaksins passport. Dogs paws cannot hold pens which I assume the PTP had to have a meeting costing tax payers millions of baht to work out..

Who can forget that on the 8th of December 2013, a circular note was sent out to all diplomatic corps and international organizations in Thailand to attend yet another briefing on the political situation followed by a voluntary tour of the Government House and the crowd control measures put in place by the police. This was to be done on the day that peaceful protestors declared a final march to Government House. Conceivably, the Foreign Minister planned to use the diplomatic corps as human shields against the protestors, thereby, delegitimizing the whole movement as an attempted assault against foreign diplomats. This calls to mind Saddam Hussein’s tactics of using human shields as a deterrent against attacks of the UN Forces during the Iraq War.

Not only can we not take this guy seriously, but Thai's are having to listen to this statement from a man who only got the job of foreign minister is because he does not have paws!!!

What a joke.

Edited by djjamie

The army are there to serve the people, not the other way around ?

And they are riding the country of Corrupt, Deceitful & Incompetent politicians who have brought this country to it's knees, and they are trying to rebuild a foolproof political system.

Will you guys not give the general a chance, remember Rome was not built in a day...

As for Yingluck wanting to leave the country, let her, but this time do not let her back in.

How come you think she would be a "politcal" prisoner? If she is charged with a criminal offense and is found guilty she would be no different than Silvio Berlesconi, the former PM of Italy except he didn't go to jail due to his age (he is 70).

The only "politcal" part of Yingluck is that she was the PM and is held responsible for the problem.

• Like 1

The Junta want her to flee. The US has by and large stayed out of Thai affairs, hoping things would right themselves without giving China too much of an opening, however, events have taken a darker turn - the all out assault on the Red leadership, which has never been done by either side before, has the US worried that if something does happen to Yingluck they will look terrible - the US have let democracy be overthrown and elected politicians be persecuted without so much as a whimper. Not a good look for Obamas' legacy. The ultra right wing nationalist faction of the coup has backed the US into a corner - it is a fight the Junta cannot win (with or without China's backing)

"Red leadership"? The Thai junta assaulting China's might and USA concerned about Yingluck's safety?

I think you should sit down a moment and think awhile and then rewrite your post.

• Like 2

Mr. White Lies is Kittirat the former Finance Minister in Yingluck's Thaksin's puppet government headed by his baby sister, Yingluck.

Khun Smigel, on the other hand, was the self-professed-to-be-unqualified Foreign Minister and cousin of the Shinawatras. No bias in his remarks. /sarc
Isn't he the one who returned Thaksin his passport?

Yes he is and AFAIK he has STILL not responded to the Ombudsman as to why it was returned.

The whole passport issue is a huge red herring as the powers that be can cancel at any time if they so wish, maybe you should be asking why it hasn't been cancelled?

Well, do you think the current MoFA should order his officilas to withdraw the passport for lack of better things to do? Or should he do it so the 'other' can shout about the 'right' of a convict to have a nice, shiny passport?

BTW nothing was reported, but although Thaksin still has his passport is it still valid?

More to the topic, does Ms. Yingluck still have a passport and if yes what type?

• Like 1

This guy really does sit at the end of the shinawatra's dog leash to be brought out of the kennel when the need arises. The thing is though that some dogs would have had more experience at being foreign ministers than this guy and sometimes I think they had no choice, but to choose Surapong as the foreign minister because he has the ability to hold a pen to sign for the return of thaksins passport. Dogs paws cannot hold pens which I assume the PTP had to have a meeting costing tax payers millions of baht to work out..

Who can forget that on the 8th of December 2013, a circular note was sent out to all diplomatic corps and international organizations in Thailand to attend yet another briefing on the political situation followed by a voluntary tour of the Government House and the crowd control measures put in place by the police. This was to be done on the day that peaceful protestors declared a final march to Government House. Conceivably, the Foreign Minister planned to use the diplomatic corps as human shields against the protestors, thereby, delegitimizing the whole movement as an attempted assault against foreign diplomats. This calls to mind Saddam Hussein’s tactics of using human shields as a deterrent against attacks of the UN Forces during the Iraq War.

Not only can we not take this guy seriously, but Thai's are having to listen to this statement from a man who only got the job of foreign minister is because he does not have paws!!!

What a joke.

Not the Voice of Saranrom that's for sure - who, you might ask? I certainly did, even if DJJamie didn't when lifting his words wholesale, oops.

On 8 December 2013, a circular note was sent out to all diplomatic corps and international organizations in Thailand to attend yet another briefing on the political situation followed by a voluntary tour of the Government House and the crowd control measures put in place by the police. This will be done on the day that peaceful protestors declared a final march to the Government House. Conceivably, the Foreign Minister is planning to use the diplomatic corps as human shields against the protestors, thereby, delegitimizing the whole movement as an attempted assault against foreign diplomats. This calls to mind Saddam Hussein’s tactics of using human shields as a deterrent against attacks of the UN Forces during the Iraq War.

https://www.facebook.com/VoiceofSaranrom/posts/671284149561818

Hold your horses there, Cartalucci Lite, that's one mighty conspiracy theory you're spouting.

Just one problem. The final, absolutely final, really I mean it this time, Final march on Government House a la Suthep didn't start until 9am* on the 9th December.

Which kind of buggers up your (or the voice of saranrom, whatever) conspiracy theory, unless of course 'the voluntary tour round Government House and the crowd control measures" was a very loooonnnng tour and they stayed overnight.

Later in the evening, the key leaders of the protest reiterated that all protestors (sic) from different rally sites would embark on a final march to the Government House at around 09.00 hrs on 9 December 2013.

* Yingluck made a televised speech at 0845 hrs on the 9th December announcing the dissolution of the house of representatives. That really didn't concern the "democrat" party as they had already resigned en masse the afternoon before, maybe to save on paperwork

The Junta want her to flee. The US has by and large stayed out of Thai affairs, hoping things would right themselves without giving China too much of an opening, however, events have taken a darker turn - the all out assault on the Red leadership, which has never been done by either side before, has the US worried that if something does happen to Yingluck they will look terrible - the US have let democracy be overthrown and elected politicians be persecuted without so much as a whimper. Not a good look for Obamas' legacy. The ultra right wing nationalist faction of the coup has backed the US into a corner - it is a fight the Junta cannot win (with or without China's backing)

Which way do you people want it.? here you claim the U S has let Democracy be over thrown, but as soon as remarks are made by U S politicians about the current government restoring domocracy everyone is up in arms as the U S is medeling in Thai politics

The US should have been more vocal from the start and made their position clear, no elections = no friendship and no trade. Instead the US gently scolded the Generals and hoped democracy would return by itself, this course of action emboldened the Generals and the ultra right to go after Yingluck and co. in a way they've never done before and now the US has belatedly realised it must make its position explicit, thus the dispatching of Russell and his carefully worded public statements. The displeasure from the Junta at Americas' recent outspokenness is because they know it signifies a change in position from the US and they will no longer be given a free hand to suppress and persecute their own citizens - the tone has changed and the US would have made sure the Japanese gave the same message to the good General on his recent trip which is probably why the general felt the need to publicly state there will be elections within 12 months. The US couldn't have prevented the coup - but they sure as hell could of and should of put a lot more pressure on the Thai elites behind the machine to do the right thing in upholding democracy - they didn't ,but now appear to be correcting that mistake which is a good thing.

utter rubbish. but I ssuppose typical of ignorant red shirt supporters

Isn't this where someone butts in and reminds everybody that the OP is about Democrat MP Thavorn Senniam's assertion that Yingluck had an escape plan - or does that only work one way?

So, do you believe Yingluck

"wanted to seek political asylum in the United States and that she had chartered two planes, one in Chiang Mai and the other in Bangkok, in case she was granted a permission by the National Council for Peace and Order to leave the country"

or was the ex Democrat MP just trying to stir the political @#$%, which, I believe, is illegal under the new regime? I expect a summons for re-education any moment for the former democrat (in name only).

Well thanks for butting in, but the OP mentions that the former MoFA Surapong accused the former Dems MP Thavorn. He might have said he was lying as much as he himself did when denying to have given Thaksin a passport.

So no answer to my question other than confirming that there are dual standards for deciding what is off topic - kind of apt really.

Isn't this where someone butts in and reminds everybody that the OP is about Democrat MP Thavorn Senniam's assertion that Yingluck had an escape plan - or does that only work one way?

So, do you believe Yingluck

"wanted to seek political asylum in the United States and that she had chartered two planes, one in Chiang Mai and the other in Bangkok, in case she was granted a permission by the National Council for Peace and Order to leave the country"

or was the ex Democrat MP just trying to stir the political @#$%, which, I believe, is illegal under the new regime? I expect a summons for re-education any moment for the former democrat (in name only).

Well thanks for butting in, but the OP mentions that the former MoFA Surapong accused the former Dems MP Thavorn. He might have said he was lying as much as he himself did when denying to have given Thaksin a passport.

So no answer to my question other than confirming that there are dual standards for deciding what is off topic - kind of apt really.

Excuses, terribly sorry, let me prostrate myself before you, oh mighty Diva.

I mostly believed Ms. Yingluck when she smiled and not answer questions. That was much easier on the mind than her brother's "who am I to do such".

Now as for the former Dems chap, if it's felt he can't substantiate his claims a defamation charge may be in order. By relative Surapong, brothers Pheu Thai legal advisors, or by Ms. Yinglucks legal advisors. Difficult to see any political stirring done here. This may surprise you but even normal people would like to give Ms. Yingluck the chance to defend and justify herself rather than have her brother's plane pick her up.

Edited by rubl

I mostly believed Ms. Yingluck when she smiled and not answer questions. That was much easier on the mind than her brother's "who am I to do such".

Now as for the former Dems chap, if it's felt he can't substantiate his claims a defamation charge may be in order. By relative Surapong, brothers Pheu Thai legal advisors, or by Ms. Yinglucks legal advisors. Difficult to see any political stirring done here. This may surprise you but even normal people would like to give Ms. Yingluck the chance to defend and justify herself rather than have her brother's plane pick her up.

His Masters Voice;

National Council for Peace and Order chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha pleads with members of the public to help in getting rid of what he called “garbage” in the social media sows the seed of hatred in this country.

In his weekly “Returning Happiness to the People” TV address, he described the “garbage” in the social media as hate speeches and false information in Facebook and other social media which were shared quickly by readers without a second thought whether they are true or not or accurate or not.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prayuth-pleads-cooperation-get-rid-garbage-social-media

His Masters Voice;

National Council for Peace and Order chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha pleads with members of the public to help in getting rid of what he called “garbage” in the social media sows the seed of hatred in this country.

In his weekly “Returning Happiness to the People” TV address, he described the “garbage” in the social media as hate speeches and false information in Facebook and other social media which were shared quickly by readers without a second thought whether they are true or not or accurate or not.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prayuth-pleads-cooperation-get-rid-garbage-social-media

So, ask the chap for proof and if he cannot show, pick him up for an attitude adjustment. Might suit the NCPO, shows they're above politics. All a matter of perception the USA Envoy said.

Of course there might be truth in the 'alleged' plot, let's wait how this develops.

BTW

"But Mr Surapong said that Thavorn who used to be a minister should not have lied about that in a way which would cause political conflict and damage to Ms Yingluck."

Does Surapong suggests that Thavorn could have lied in a lesser manner causing less political conflict and damage to Ms. Yingluck? Or are parts of the 'alleged' plot true?