Thai industry lacks skilled workforce

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Let them feel they are always right and you will never have development. Add that to the attitude that Thai's can do everything and you have a receipt for disaster.

To gain the understanding of technology Thailand needs to make it easier for qualified foreigners to gain employment. We have the skills and experience that Thailand badly needs.

If you have the skills and experience that Thailand needs then the current system is absolutely no problem and I speak from first hand experience of the last 14 years,

what you really want is a system for those foreigner's who don't really have the skills and experience needed to stay long term in Thailand, that is what you are really saying

The fact a person can't get a job under the current set up suggests the skills & experience are not what Thailand needs, fact is a lot of foreigners have an over inflated opinion of themselves and what they can bring to the table as regards skills etc

mr. soutpeel, I have 45 years of experience in architecture and interior design as well as the hotel business and not over inflated,

as you put it so nicely .

so far in my 7 years of building a hotel, there has not been one interested in learning from me. Thai don't want to learn from farang period.

I challenge you to prove to me it is not true.

I would replace the word "farang" just with foreigners in general. But otherwise, I agree you are quite right.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Skills limited to staring at job to be done and scratching his/her head. Last " skilled " plumbers, ( 5 at different times), came 6 times spent about 11 hours combined, almost bald, and leak remained ! All came with absolutely no tools but I have a fair selection of my own. " Skilled ?

Almost every waterfeature in Thailand is broken or in repair. If it works then that's for a couple of weeks before it will be broken again. Same with drains, Thai seem to not understand that water always flows to the lowest point.

They have great electricians though whistling.gif or painters facepalm.gif

Well unless you are renting I'd suggest maybe doing the plumbing repairs yourself? It isn't rocket science to fix a leaking toilet you know. I always do such repairs myself.

Many on here are denigrating all Thai workers without thought to those employed in hospitals for instance, there are other examples but generalisations are never a good thing. If they have specific sectors in mind then say so. However, the main criticism must surely be aimed at management?