What Are Your Favorite Northeastern Creations?

boppia

Have you got any favorite products? What do you like from the Northeast? Is there a food which you absolutely love? Maybe you know of something good that the rest of us don't know about.

For me there's one thing which I like that I don't have that often. It's called mum. It's a sausage that comes from Issan which is especially popular in the Chaiyaphum - Khon Kaen Area. They also have it in Korat to I guess. It's different from the average Isaan sausage. It's made from beef and tastes a bit sour. I believe theyt also make it with pork too. Has anyone ever had it? It's hard to find outside of Isaan because not that many people from other provinces take to it. As it's usually made from beef I would guess that a lot of Thais won't eat it.

Have you got any favorite products? What do you like from the Northeast? Is there a food which you absolutely love? Maybe you know of something good that the rest of us don't know about.

For me there's one thing which I like that I don't have that often. It's called mum. It's a sausage that comes from Issan which is especially popular in the Chaiyaphum - Khon Kaen Area. They also have it in Korat to I guess. It's different from the average Isaan sausage. It's made from beef and tastes a bit sour. I believe theyt also make it with pork too. Has anyone ever had it? It's hard to find outside of Isaan because not that many people from other provinces take to it. As it's usually made from beef I would guess that a lot of Thais won't eat it.

Boppia,

Can't say its my favorite, It always seem's to be stacked and sold too close to the main road for my preference.

But hel_l after half a bottle of cheap wiskey anything is possible.

I think I'll stick with the Kentucky Loa Chicken and sticky rice,

Thanks

Matt

i have eaten a sausage that was made out of pork and rice, also in chaiyaphum; don't know what it is called. it was grilled and quite tasty.

i like the isaan trinity: gai yang, som tom lao, and khao nieow.

Edited by milesm

gai yang, som tom lao, and khao nieow. >> SUpER YUMMY

and my favorite LAB MOO!!

also anyone run DUm DanG ( cucumbers smashed up with peppers hot hot hot)

and i love sangsom usually get it by the case !! supER YUMMY!

Nam Khoi Tod is my favorite in Isaan, Thailand and here in the states (when I can find it). :o

Lab Moo, Lab Pet, Lab mot deang, Any lab will (almost) do. Som Tam, Khao niau, Tom yam Khung, moo yang, etc. Water is dripping out of the mouth, and knowing that a lot of stuff is not avaible in Holland

Lab mot deang?? Were you sober when you partook? :D Lab dup/pet/moo/gai I can understand, but ants/ants eggs?? :o I had "dancing prawns" once, but the Chang had numbed me effectivley by that stage. I must admit an affection :D for Ca moo palo.(pork leg soup) Good question Bop.

regards