Cabaret Show in Anusarn Market

watgate

If you want to see a high energy show full of great fun and enjoyment, then I suggest you go and spend 200 baht (a beer or juice or soda is included in the price) and see a very entertaining show. The entertainters are very talented and clearly enjoy performing in front of a live audience. I am glad to say that most nights (the show starts around 9:30 and finishes around 10:30) the Cabaret venue is getting large crowds, primarily through word of mouth. The audience is comprised primarily of farangs and the audiences are very responsive and genuinely enjoy the show. From what I understand, the dancers don't get a lot of money so if you go, after the show is finished and you are exiting the theatre, please give some some consideration to tipping one or more of the enntertainers who might have moved you or you enjoyed watching. If you go, and I hope you do, you will witness firsthand how hard they work during their performances. I hope this commentary does not elicit a lot of negativity, for whatever reason, and one would consider going to see a great show which makes you feel very uplifted once it is over.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting! 200 Baht is quite reasonable if it includes a beer. I'll visit next time I have visitors to entertain.

Where is it exactly? Is it alongside the soi where also the blues pub is?

No. Its *RIGHT* in middle of Anusarn Market. Like, right where all the families with young children are trying to enjoy dinner.... Hard to miss these flamboyant, scantily-clad ladyboys, behaving the same way you would expect them to late night on Pattaya Walking Street.

Forgive me for being a "hater", but there is a time and place for everything. And in the middle of a family dining experience is just really NOT the place for scantily-clad, sexually suggestive/ harassing ladyboys..

-Mestizo

• Like 2

Thanks for posting! 200 Baht is quite reasonable if it includes a beer. I'll visit next time I have visitors to entertain.

No. Its *RIGHT* in middle of Anusarn Market. Like, right where all the families with young children are trying to enjoy dinner.... Hard to miss these flamboyant, scantily-clad ladyboys, behaving the same way you would expect them to late night on Pattaya Walking Street.

Forgive me for being a "hater", but there is a time and place for everything. And in the middle of a family dining experience is just really NOT the place for scantily-clad, sexually suggestive/ harassing ladyboys..

-Mestizo

have to agree with you completely. it should be moved away from the area where families go.

• Like 1

What is so wrong with men wearing women's clothing, in a place that "families go?"

Many people who are in families are transvestites, or did you all not know that?

I have not been to the show, which is blocked off by a partition, but their solicitation is not at all suggestive of anything, and they don't appear to harass people.

Their costumes are not more revealing than anything that will be seen at a public swimming pool.

On the other hand the last time I was eating at Anusarn a french Canadian noob retired gent approached our group, which was all professional people, and tried to pull one of my female friends like she was a slapper on the stage at Spotlight. I told him he had made a gross misjudgment and should leave. Non of these cross dressers bothered us at all. So who are the real threats to families, legitimate entertainers trying to make an income, or Farang sexpests.

In the broad scope of so many global atrocities I just had to ask.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 2

So you pay Bt200 for the show and then you are expected to tip them as well?

Unusual, must remember that the next time I go to the West End.

You see ladyboy shows in the West End? wink.png

You can see them in Las Vegas, where they're called female impersonators. Why some people want to see them is beyond me.

You're making it sound incredibly appealing now. ;) It's really quite hard to find a (any) Pattaya vibe in Chiang Mai.

Its *RIGHT* in middle of Anusarn Market. Like, right where all the families with young children are trying to enjoy dinner.... Hard to miss these flamboyant, scantily-clad ladyboys, behaving the same way you would expect them to late night on Pattaya Walking Street.

There use to be a small cabaret show in the night market on the east side of Chang Klang adjacent to a muay thai ring. We use to take our young kids to watch the show on our stays in town and the kids loved it. They probably didn't get any of the sexuality aspects, suggestive or otherwise, but they loved the entertainment and the performers always came over after the show and talked to the kids. Hookers of all persuasions can be harassing on the street, its part and parcel of their business model. That was never the case with the cabaret performers we encountered. I understand that the cabaret shows are not everyone's cup of tea, but I found it to be much more wholesome family entertainment than the pugilism on display across the aisle.

Anyways, I am glad to see a revitalization of Anusarn has it had really become degraded since about the mid-1990s.

• Like 1

What is so wrong with men wearing women's clothing, in a place that "families go?"

Many people who are in families are transvestites, or did you all not know that?

I have not been to the show, which is blocked off by a partition, but their solicitation is not at all suggestive of anything, and they don't appear to harass people.

Their costumes are not more revealing than anything that will be seen at a public swimming pool.

On the other hand the last time I was eating at Anusarn a french Canadian noob retired gent approached our group, which was all professional people, and tried to pull one of my female friends like she was a slapper on the stage at Spotlight. I told him he had made a gross misjudgment and should leave. Non of these cross dressers bothered us at all. So who are the real threats to families, legitimate entertainers trying to make an income, or Farang sexpests.

In the broad scope of so many global atrocities I just had to ask.

Some people are "normal" and object to having Sexual Deviants strut their grotesque bodies in front of our children. Simple as that!

^ Hm.. I'd join in throwing that first stone but not before realizing that I'm very much a sexual deviant myself, and so are many others on this forum, just going by their posts.

That's worth reminding oneself of, before establishing that something 'normal', and other things are departed from that self-proclaimed norm.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Even 'normal' types are split 50:50 into two very-different (physically & psychologically) groups, so who's to judge what's 'normal, anyway ? wai2.gif

I too feel slightly-uncomfortable round ladyboys, but would not categorise them as 'sexual deviants', perhaps living in Thailand is broadening my outlook ?

-Mestizo

No but you walk down the street during tourist things and have "normal" thai girls walking around in short shorts and tight tops and you dont complain....

You have no problem with your kids in the room and the miss whatever the country bathing suit contest is on.

And you go to the beach....

Get a life, its a show and costumes.

Winnie the Khai I like your refeshing outlook on life and calling a spade a spade. Also the other posters who have pointed out the hypocrisy of the self-appointed crusaders who are so quick to condemn and label. The self-righteousness is nauseating. Thank you Winnie the Khai and 2 fishin2 and Ricardo and arunsakda etal for your perspectives. Some folks unfortunately are so judgmental and if a person or a group of people is not like them, they become hateful and vindictive. From what I have discerned, the entertainers who perform nightly at the Cabaret Theatre are very hard working, trying to earn a decent living and are most importantly, beautiful on the inside.

Its not often I go anywhere near the 'if you dont like it go home' kind of statement.. But coming to a buddhist country where Khatoeys are at the very least tolerated and then trying to ram some judeo christian idea of whats deviant or not on everyone.. Sure seems an odd choice..

You sure you not repressing something ?? Its not gay if you beat them up afterwards..

• Like 1

Winnie the Khai I like your refeshing outlook on life and calling a spade a spade. Also the other posters who have pointed out the hypocrisy of the self-appointed crusaders who are so quick to condemn and label. The self-righteousness is nauseating. Thank you Winnie the Khai and 2 fishin2 and Ricardo and arunsakda etal for your perspectives. Some folks unfortunately are so judgmental and if a person or a group of people is not like them, they become hateful and vindictive. From what I have discerned, the entertainers who perform nightly at the Cabaret Theatre are very hard working, trying to earn a decent living and are most importantly, beautiful on the inside.

Well, I guess you must know them pretty well........most don't, so difficult to agree with you.

• Like 1