Governor slams police for Phuket beach order enforcement tactics

webfact

why make it so complicated

you have beach area - tourists can place whatever they want wherever they want - simple

Thais cannot run a business on the beach anywhere - they can operate from off the beach providing beach equipment on a needs basis to tourists if they want to rent - tourists can choose who they rent from and where on the beach they want to sit

seems pretty simple to me - what's the problem

in a world where people think logically it works...here, the idiots, crooks, thieves and greedy people don't know what to do... but they sure are ruining their countries image...dumb.

So, according to the PG, the Governor has opened his mouth again and the words of wisdom coming out state that all sunbeds are now banned and that umbrellas are only allowed in the 10% zone. Yet more u-turns!

This whole farce is making the Governor, the police and everyone involved with law enforcement and local politics on this island look like a total bunch of brainless idiots who don't have the balls to stand up to the local mafias.

What do you mean? Making them look like.

They already are a bunch of what you said.

Smoking stinks and the butts are filth so that's a good thing.

The island is on the slide and I'll just sit back enjoy the ride into the abyss.

I'd be crying if I wasn't laughing so much.

I wonder what the BiB will do if they spot me at north Karon beach - up past the little "fisherman" circle - sitting on the tailgate of my pick-up (which I back on to the edge of the beach to get a nice sea view) or, heaven forbid!, sitting in the back of my pickup on a chair. cheesy.gif

look I smoke and it is a filthy habit - but I will always respect non smokers - I will walk across a street to dispose of a butt - I will use an ashtray - I do not throw butts in the sand on a beach, I will go out of my way to make sure that my filthy habit has as little impact on other people and the environment as I can possibly do

But to tell me that I can not have a smoke on a beach is quite frankly another Dreyfus moment

It is extraordinary that I am reading all this brown - maybe I will wake up tomorrow and be unable to find it

Thanks for picking up butts but, did you stop to think that the smoke bothers people and is dangerous?

There are many beaches in the world that prohibit smoking