Cell Phone Jammer

flexplas

Is it illegal in Thailand?

I know it is illegal in Canada but I'm not sure about Thailand.

The workforce I have currently pay more attention to their phones than the work before in front of them.

Seeing as how they are now assembling heavy machinery for me, they tend to damage the machines when they are not paying attention which costs me thousands of $$ (not baht but USD).

As I mentioned above, I am not sure if it is legal in Thailand.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is not legal but as this is only a memory recall, I cannot confirm that.

The other problem would be if there where any other companies or households that would be effected within the range of the blocker.

One way around this would be to ban operatives from bringing phones to work, a drop off point for phones would be needed in this case.

This could be done as a security measure, as most phones have some sort of recording device, (Video, camera, etc.) and you would have to protect your trade secrets, wouldn't you. thumbsup.gif

A guard on the front gate with a wand (metal detector) would ensure that no phones can get through the gates.

Of course, you would have to make it a sackable offence for the operatives to bring a phone in and you would also need to ensure that your operatives sign an understanding and acceptance of the new rule.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 1

As I mentioned above, I am not sure if it is legal in Thailand.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it is not legal but as this is only a memory recall, I cannot confirm that.

The other problem would be if there where any other companies or households that would be effected within the range of the blocker.

One way around this would be to ban operatives from bringing phones to work, a drop off point for phones would be needed in this case.

This could be done as a security measure, as most phones have some sort of recording device, (Video, camera, etc.) and you would have to protect your trade secrets, wouldn't you. thumbsup.gif

A guard on the front gate with a wand (metal detector) would ensure that no phones can get through the gates.

Of course, you would have to make it a sackable offence for the operatives to bring a phone in and you would also need to ensure that your operatives sign an understanding

and acceptance of the new rule.

I very much so love this kind of thinking, however at the moment it is hard to find reliable workers who can stay at a job for more than 2 weeks.....

I already have signs stating that cell phone usage is not allowed, however those are just as effective as the no poaching signs they have in Africa.....

I guess I'll have to do more research into this topic and see what my next course of action will be.

If they are in fact illegal in Thailand then I will have no choice to do what you mentioned above.....

Anyways thanks for the advice.

Legal or not there was / is a shop in Tukcom in Pattaya that sells them but I seriously doubt if any blocking system will be able to selectively allow certain phones to operate

They work on the principle of transmitting "white noise" that overpowers the cell signal

They are illegal in most countries since blocking also prevents emergency calls

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They sell them here, even portable ones. There is a place in Bkk, not Panthip.....that is where all the electrical components are sold. Anyways......install lockers and. Have a company. Policy on not having your. Phone while working and dock pay if caught