Anyone out there doing GAPS diet for gut health?

mls

bkkgooner ....if you have not read this book i highly recommend it for yourself and the Op ... if you want a copy just drop me a pm and i will email you one .... the book is called Grain Brain ..written by Dr Perlmutter a highly respected professional ... the fact you suffer Colitis and still recommend grains &fruit to the Op is what confused me , you of all people should be having zero grains .. Paleo is not hard , people are lazy .... i wish you luck in dealing with your health issues and maybe in the 500pages you will find the answer ...

by the way , what was wrong with pork & beef ? yet dairy was ok ?

Cheers for the patronizing and insulting comments especially the good luck about my health issues coming directly after people are lazy, you may as well have told me to go <deleted> myself but grand we're to discuss health so please do forward me a copy of the book through PM and thanks for the offer.

I have lived with IBD now for five years so let me tell you that I know about what I need to put in and out of my diet at this stage and let me also stress that everyone that suffers from IBD has different trigger froods in regards to symptoms. Fruits CAN be consumed with colitis, grains CAN be consumed with colitis, dairy can be CONSUMED with colitis it all boils down to WHAT fruits you select to consume, white rice is fine again the amount you consume is what causes problems and restricted dairy as in milk in your coffee is fine as well. People like Chris Kressner and Paul Jaminet have no problems with white rice in their advice of diets that are based around paleo. I want to choose what I put in my diet, I don't want to be dictated to by a diet and I have no interest in a lifestyle that makes people feel like shit because they go to Swensons a few times a year, like to eat French fries sometimes or enjoy a sandwich every so often. Honestly I really enjoyed some of the food I made on Paleo like sweet potato bread,meat pizza and when I'm on holidays I make some stuff like that again but I genuinely dislike people like Mark Sisson who try to label sweet potatoes as a junk food.

If the OP wants to consume pork and beef then go enjoy the moo ping and the Tesco steak and yep im probably wrong as organ meat is great and steak too but personally I'll be eating more fruits and vegetables as I feel more benefit from a plant based diet although pork does have its issues in fairness. Anyway I think that we can agree with the fundamental of - avoid processed foods as much as possible as a starting point. I won't bother giving you any patronizing comments as I genuinely like to see people encourage each other to be healthier so I look forward to reading the grain brain but more importantly looking forward to more discussion about how to be healthier. Actually seems like I just rewrote my long post again biggrin.png

This PDF might help the OP gives a good run down of what to avoid if they want to try the low FODMAP diet and also gives a long list of fruits and vegetables that can be enjoyed with IBS. Please make sure you invest in quality probiotics and keep up with your medication.

https://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf

my comment about being lazy was not directed at you , in general people are lazy , you are obviously not lazy ......i will try to send the book via pm , its a large file ..let me know if you get it ....more importantly i hope it helps you ... cheers

MLS in Pattaya

I believe GAPS is not your final option? Have you ever heard of ForeverLivingProducts? This wonderful company has the highest quality

nutritional and health supplements in the world. Too many testimonials from people who have some digestive problems that take Aloe Vera Juice

on a daily basis and feel relieve. But don't take my word for it, research yourself. www.foreverliving.com; foreverlivingth.com, foreveraloekorat.com

or call 080-459-1824 or 089-240-2067 for personal information. It works for me and many others. Good Luck!!!!

post-59067-0-68521300-1424411223_thumb.j

12-03-13-11-54-07-th-Aloe_Vera_Juice_thai.pdf

12-03-13-13-19-08-th-Forever_Active_Probiotic_thai.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, just thought I'd update on how things are going.

I re-started the GAPS intro diet on 1st March and have taken it very slowly, staying on stage one for almost the whole month.

Things have improved a lot and I no longer have constant diarrhoea but normal stool! Yeah!

Have moved onto stage 3 (stage 2 only adds in egg yolks) and still going well.

Have set up a spreadsheet too, charting what I eat and what my symptoms are etc. which helps me keep tabs on the foods I can handle and those I cant. Surprisingly, even though I no longer have a gallbladder, I still seem to be able to handle the high levels of fat I'm consuming!

I have found an amazing website called 'Quirky Cooking'. It's run by an Australian woman who is on GAPS mainly for her kids who have improved incredibly on the diet, but also for herself. It's full of GAPS/Paleo/gut friendly recipes. She produces podcasts too discussing GAPS and it's implications and how it has helped her etc. It has been a huge help to me as I have been able to get useful information and also know that I am not alone in the things I'm going through. They are lucky in OZ as they can find so much more organic produce that is just not available in Thailand even though a lot of the products are actually produced here, but it seems for export only...

Still searching for good sources of organic foods - would like to know if any of you come across anything interesting around Pattaya. At the moment am searching for cacao/cocoa butter so if you know anywhere that sells it let me know.

MLS in Pattaya

I believe GAPS is not your final option? Have you ever heard of ForeverLivingProducts? This wonderful company has the highest quality

nutritional and health supplements in the world. Too many testimonials from people who have some digestive problems that take Aloe Vera Juice

on a daily basis and feel relieve. But don't take my word for it, research yourself. www.foreverliving.com; foreverlivingth.com, foreveraloekorat.com

or call 080-459-1824 or 089-240-2067 for personal information. It works for me and many others. Good Luck!!!!

Thanks PaceArrow for the suggestions and pdfs, though looking at the ingredients there are too many additives in those products that are not allowed on GAPS and wouldn't work for me.

Grateful for your input though.