What's The Best Thai Food?

Padkapow Guy

I am looking for some opinions on where the best Thai food comes from?

I mainly have had central Thai food which I love. My wife is from Prachin Buri and that's where she learned to cook. I have had a little southern Thai food,( not enough to make an informed judgement) but I thought it was a little bland compared to central Thai food. I have never had any northern Thai food so I can not make a judgement their either.

so let me your opinions

thanks Jim

• 4 weeks later...

re: 'hot thai food'...you all realize of course that the necessary ingredients are produced by falangs that have been kidnapped, held in pens and force fed chiles much in the manner of geese in France and the foie gras. The resulting products from defecation are then washed and packed in plastic packets and distributed throughout Thailand via a secret network...there are fat falang, blond falang and negro falang varieties...

ever wonder why Thai food in other countries tastes different?

I think the best food I have had in Thailand was at SIZZLER [a T bone ,Rare and a salad] in BKK.

And last saturday at BURGER KING while waiting for a friend at the airport in BKK.

Coarse I did have a very good USDA CHOICE sirloin at FILLMORE EAST last time I was in CM ,so I guess northern cuisine is also good.

I hear you kev...when I'm at the airport a bee line to Burger king for a whopper with cheese, fries and one of those semi-fizzy orange drinks with lots of ice.

A superb example of suburban BKK local cuisine...

You guys have a real wierd taste in food... :o

I hear you kev...when I'm at the airport a bee line to Burger king for a whopper with cheese, fries and one of those semi-fizzy orange drinks with lots of ice.

A superb example of suburban BKK local cuisine...

the bacon double cheese is the go, normally grab a couple to take back to KK and watch the kids fighting over them :D:o