Sharp increase in Chinese tourists to Thailand anticipated

webfact

TOURISM
Sharp increase in Chinese tourists anticipated

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The number of Chinese visitors to Thailand in the first quarter is expected to increase to 1.35 million, an increase by 30.2 per cent from the same period last year, according to Kasikorn Research Centre.

They are expected to generate Bt54 billion to the Thai tourism industry, an increase by 32.4 per cent on year.

The research centre noted that the sharp increase is partly attributable to the low base last year.

For the full year, it expects the number of Chinese arrivals to increase by 13.5 per cent to 5.25 million. They should generate a total revenue of Bt218.6 billion, an increase by 15.2 per cent on year.

In 2014, the number of Chinese visitors stood at 4,623,806, contracting by 0.3 per cent from the previous year. Still, overall visitor arrivals dropped by 6.7 per cent.

Bangkok is their main destination, but more are heading to provincial destinations chiefly Chiang Mai, Phuket and Krabi.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Sharp-increase-in-Chinese-tourists-anticipated-30254359.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-18

For the most part they are well behaved. They do have their "hooligans" like any other country, UK comes to mind...

In many ways they remind me of the French, unwilling to stand in line preferring to jump ahead in line.

I have just returned from Siem Reap, Cambodia back to Thailand and can report that the masses of Chinese have arrived and from all reports it will multiply over the next couple of days.

• Like 2

Been in Asia for 30 years, and have not seen these ill mannered Chinese that everyone on TV has been talking about. Perhaps, you all are just a little too fragile or sensitive.

I think we can probably say with confidence its you that needs to get out more rather than the theory ill mannered Chinese tourists dont exist.

Unless of course you live in China, then your probably oblivious by now after 30 years of it lol

• Like 2

For the most part they are well behaved. They do have their "hooligans" like any other country, UK comes to mind...

In many ways they remind me of the French, unwilling to stand in line preferring to jump ahead in line.

I have just returned from Siem Reap, Cambodia back to Thailand and can report that the masses of Chinese have arrived and from all reports it will multiply over the next couple of days.

I'm constantly embarrassed by my 'countrymen', more so than any Chinese tourist.

This afternoon while driving into Chiang Mai on the 118 (road from Chiang Rai) I counted 13 cars with Chinese license plates on them heading into the city. Since they finished the super highway from China to the Thai Laos border I been seeing more and more of these cars. Earlier this month some were driving through my moobaan looking for houses to buy. There here

This afternoon while driving into Chiang Mai on the 118 (road from Chiang Rai) I counted 13 cars with Chinese license plates on them heading into the city. Since they finished the super highway from China to the Thai Laos border I been seeing more and more of these cars. Earlier this month some were driving through my moobaan looking for houses to buy. There here

Really looking for houses to buy? how then ? or do u mean to lease and or to rent?

I just broke protocol and took my bird on a snorkeling trip in Samui.. Possibly the most organized operation I've ever witnessed and would of been a great day.. Other than there was simply too many people and 90% Chinese.. And as much as I've witnesssed their bad behavior in the past, they were all really nice and well behaved.. Unfortunately that doesn't alter the fact that we were stuck (literally) on a sandbar with 2000 people.. 90% of which were Chinese.. What I found myself asking was, and not in a racial perspective but literally in a logistical sense, was how nice would this be without all the Chinese!! In the same breath the tourism industry here Without them.. Would be shagged!!!

I've never met any bad mannered ones outdoors. In airports and on the plane are another thing. In airports they don't mind barging is queue jumping and on planes they all rush to stand up and get into the aisle as soon as the plane has stopped moving following a landing. I made a point to barge one out of the way one my recent trip. Probably a bit childish of me but was funny at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you meaning they come to buy houses, villas ?

so next morning , when I see the dog shit in front of my fence,

it might not be from the left Thai neighbours dog,

but from the right chinese one ??

But will in future real estate companies sell with villa also instructions

in chinese how to use a toilett ??

Maybee Thailand should astablish some " Toilet use education centers ??

you meaning they come to buy houses, villas ?

so next morning , when I see the dog shit in front of my fence,

it might not be from the left Thai neighbours dog,

but from the right chinese one ??

But will in future real estate companies sell with villa also instructions

in chinese how to use a toilett ??

Maybee Thailand should astablish some " Toilet use education centers ??

Thai toilet education centers , you mean how to sit on the cover and take water out of the flush tank with a bowl.

lets hope they have better aim than the ones at the temple's rest room

My wife's sisters go a lot to the White Temple, and from them I have heard that the Chinese tourists in this instance actually crapped on the toilet seats and floor. Nice ! I have been there and the rest rooms are very clean and well maintained, until the bus arrives. Lets see if this happens again, the temple benefactor banned Chinese tourists for a day, felt sorry for those that are civilized and reopened, but said he would close the temple to Chinese tourists if it happened again.

Tourist arrivals in Japan increase by 30% following relaxation of visa requirements! Source Channel News Asia.

Are we surprised?

Have TAT and Thai Immigration noted this? Doesn't seem like it.

Yes, the Thais take great pride in telling me I'm not welcome to use my exemption stamp privileges so much, (no out/in's, just several entries as I like to travel) and next time I'm to get a proper visa. Where I fly out of from work is in the UAE and the Thai embassy there only accepts visa applications from the locals. So guess what, my tourist dollars will be going to Laos or Cambodia next time. TIT

And now, after all the complaints about Thai People, Thai Visa will get a taste of some people worthy of complaint.

The proposition that a person believes that it is OK to walk into a restaurant carrying their own food and drink, sit down and consume it while pretty much shouting while talking, spitting on the floor, lighting a cigarette and then flicking the ashes ... everywhere ... then getting up and leaving ... is beyond the pail ... and really ... just amazing.

Well, those soft spoken Thais with social skills and manners are going to start looking pretty good!

Happy I chose BKK instead of CM ... this is going to suck for the folks up there.

I will come when those annoying peasants are gone and all their shit has been cleaned up.

----------------------------

Shame on you ...... taking that way about Brits, Germans, and Americans.

The residence/hotel I live in is very near the Chinese embessy.

Many of the guests are Chinese, the owner family is a Thai-Chinese family.

I guess about half the guests here are Chinese and Japanese.

I would say that most of the guests are very well mannered and consideate.

Maybe this place has the "better class" of Chinese tourists That TAT keps talking about?

And now, after all the complaints about Thai People, Thai Visa will get a taste of some people worthy of complaint.

The proposition that a person believes that it is OK to walk into a restaurant carrying their own food and drink, sit down and consume it while pretty much shouting while talking, spitting on the floor, lighting a cigarette and then flicking the ashes ... everywhere ... then getting up and leaving ... is beyond the pail ... and really ... just amazing.

Well, those soft spoken Thais with social skills and manners are going to start looking pretty good!

Happy I chose BKK instead of CM ... this is going to suck for the folks up there.

use some strong bug spray to get rid of unwanted pests

Been in Asia for 30 years, and have not seen these ill mannered Chinese that everyone on TV has been talking about. Perhaps, you all are just a little too fragile or sensitive.

Never been in Chiang Mai the last couple of years ...????