New Yamaha YZF-R1

OZEMADE

Ride on board the all new YZF-R1 with our Yamaha test rider around the Sportsland Sugo road race course in Japan. Take note of the YZR-M1 based control technology package, the most complete ever seen on a production motorcycle, working in synergy to assist the rider in achieving a faster laptime. The new machine look and sound amazing so don't forget to crank up your speakers and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

superb bike. waiting for the honda version with high hopes of same tech or better.

wonder when will it be here and how much will it be?

I'm with you on that. The BMW and Yamaha look great but I've got major concerns about both their dealer networks in Thailand, especially on such a high tech bike in it's first year. I'm pretty sure Honda will bring out a revised Blade in 2016 with all the electronics (surely they have to...) but whether it comes to Thailand and whether it's restricted like the current model would be my main concerns.

Hopefully an updated, full power blade for 2016, available in Thailand 12 months from now for under 700k. Now that would be awesome.

superb bike. waiting for the honda version with high hopes of same tech or better.

I'm with you on that. The BMW and Yamaha look great but I've got major concerns about both their dealer networks in Thailand, especially on such a high tech bike in it's first year. I'm pretty sure Honda will bring out a revised Blade in 2016 with all the electronics (surely they have to...) but whether it comes to Thailand and whether it's restricted like the current model would be my main concerns.

Hopefully an updated, full power blade for 2016, available in Thailand 12 months from now for under 700k. Now that would be awesome.

man, that is like when the dreams come true and when i see a v four 2016 cbr1000rr in Thailand, possibly it will be one of my best day if not the best day.

but this yamaha interest me a lot too. such a fast beauty with a lot of brain. but sure it will be more than 900 k thb. and their dealer network worries me.

If Honda releases new cbr1000rr with full tech and advancements like Yamaha, i am doubtful to see it here less than 700k thb though.

man, that is like when the dreams come true and when i see a v four 2016 cbr1000rr in Thailand, possibly it will be one of my best day if not the best day.

but this yamaha interest me a lot too. such a fast beauty with a lot of brain. but sure it will be more than 900 k thb. and their dealer network worries me.

If Honda releases new cbr1000rr with full tech and advancements like Yamaha, i am doubtful to see it here less than 700k thb though.

Honda have a small stand in central in Phuket right now, they had the repsol cbr1000rr current model displayed at 634k, would that indicate the price of the next model? not been to a bigwing so not sure if it is a special price only

It is the new price after they adjust taxes for Japanese thai trade agreement. 643 k thb is a very good price for a great bike and I get a good extra discount from bigwing on top and I can go buy it tomorrow but want to wait for the new v four cbr1000rr!.

But even new Yamaya r1 is 4 k usd expensive than old r1 so I assume if new Honda cbr1000rr comes with similar tech and a v four and as long as it has motor go credentials , it will also be more expensive.

Edited by ll2

Speaking of 2015 litre bikes, I saw my first "all new" 2015 S1000RR this weekend outside the Dainese shop (just next to BigWing BKK).

Very nice bike and initial reviews have been really positive.

Contacted my old friend at BMW who never got back to me about the 2014 model to see if he can provide some details this time, especially whether the Thai model has the dynamic suspension that the Thai S1000R didn't have. If it comes with all the upgrades then I'm guessing at least a 10% increase from 2014 which would make it 1.1 million in Thailand and not great value but let's see.

Looks best in black, the plastics look a bit cheap on the white/blue and red/white models IMO.

Crappy phone pics below

49aa6336-6155-44ee-81c5-22233f1eb2bd_zps

254ac5b2-f44c-4a86-93d7-a336de653514_zps

Speaking of 2015 litre bikes, I saw my first "all new" 2015 S1000RR this weekend outside the Dainese shop (just next to BigWing BKK).

Very nice bike and initial reviews have been really positive.

Contacted my old friend at BMW who never got back to me about the 2014 model to see if he can provide some details this time, especially whether the Thai model has the dynamic suspension that the Thai S1000R didn't have. If it comes with all the upgrades then I'm guessing at least a 10% increase from 2014 which would make it 1.1 million in Thailand and not great value but let's see.

Looks best in black, the plastics look a bit cheap on the white/blue and red/white models IMO.

Crappy phone pics below

49aa6336-6155-44ee-81c5-22233f1eb2bd_zps

254ac5b2-f44c-4a86-93d7-a336de653514_zps

looks nice. i love bmw s1000r and it is a dream bike for me but all my friends having one is getting problems.

also other BMW models are also getting more and more reliability problems these recent years.

Maybe they improved things on a good way this time. great bike it is.

but 1,1 million is an astronomic price imo for it. sure new yamaha r1 will be cheaper.

I heard that too with the S1000RR as well but I think every model has some issues. I've heard of a few problems with the dynamic suspension which basically locks the shock when it goes wrong so I'm a bit nervous about that.

So far the BMW guy has sent me the 2014 price list which indicates the price is unchanged from last year. If that's the case, I assume Thailand is getting the base model which doesn't have all the features I want (specifically dynamic suspension and auto blipper) but I'm waiting for him to reply on that.

Very unlikely I'll buy anything until this time next year anyway but nice to look :)

• Like 1

I heard that too with the S1000RR as well but I think every model has some issues. I've heard of a few problems with the dynamic suspension which basically locks the shock when it goes wrong so I'm a bit nervous about that.

So far the BMW guy has sent me the 2014 price list which indicates the price is unchanged from last year. If that's the case, I assume Thailand is getting the base model which doesn't have all the features I want (specifically dynamic suspension and auto blipper) but I'm waiting for him to reply on that.

Very unlikely I'll buy anything until this time next year anyway but nice to look smile.png

you have the 899 man c'mon what else you want jonny! get a naked for city rides, that is what you need so at least get the s1000r naked. rated as the best naked on Earth by many.

wait for the new honda cbr1000rr too and i think new yamaha is as good as s1000rr if not better. especially the "m' one.

Yea JonnyF, I am also wondering why you would want to 'upgrade' from your 899. It's a stunning bike with all the electronics and with plenty power. Any reason you don't like it or do you just want to get something for the change of it?

^ I love the 899 and don't plan on changing it. I'll post an update on the 899 thread along with a bit of video when I've had chance to edit it...

This will be an upgrade from my GSXR which will be 10 years old this year... Nothing wrong with the GSXR, it's a great bike and I'm still not sure I want to get rid of it (hence I can wait to see what Honda do for 2016), but it's getting on a bit now. Also, having had ABS and traction control on the 899 I really want this on all my bikes now, especially since my heart stopping incident (on the GSXR) a while back when the rear tyre came a long way around under moderately hard acceleration while overtaking at highway speeds. Way too easy to spin up that rear tyre on slick/wet Thai roads.

Edited by JonnyF
  • Like 1

Looks like Thailand will get the dynamic suspension which indicates the top model which also includes auto blipper AFAIK.

Still not sure on price though, today I asked the BMW sales rep for the price of the 2015 model, so he sent me a photo of the 2014 price list as per the website. So I asked him to confirm if the 2015 price was unchanged from 2014, to which he replied "No for sure it will be more than 2014" rolleyes.gif. OK, that's crystal clear now...

He did confirm it will come with dynamic suspension though...

It will definitely be higher- they raised the price of the HP4 last year, and they didn't update the website, but, rather, handed out postcards in the dealership with the new numbers. When I logged on and showed them the old price was still 'live', they didn't quite know what to say (though they sure weren't going to honor it).

My guess is 1.15m if it's the premium version.

Just saw the Thai R1 price through an importer (ZeuZ SuperBike Performance)- they've just started taking orders (they have a garage in BKK that does service and repairs on all the bikes they sell):

R1- 939,000

R1M- 1,549,000

939 k thb is no bad!

wonder how much yamaha will ask? possibly more?

I've found that the importers tend to beat the dealership prices (especially for Ducati), but then you're often limited for a service area. That said, who knows if the R1 will make it to LOS this year- they're only making 500 R1M models, so they almost definitely won't get any of those.

In any case, this is quite a bit less than the S1000RR will go for, for what will possibly be a better bike.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/173622056163862/permalink/329777227215010/

Pre-Order of the R1 and R1M now available apparently @ Zeuz Superbike Performance

R1 = 939,000

R1M = 1,549,000

That's some proud numbers. Expected the R1M to be cheaper than the kawasaki h2

Edit: Oops just saw that RubberSideDown was quicker than me :P

Edited by wowjudo

^

Ummm... Did you check a few posts above yours...?wink.png

Also, the LOS H2 price has been announced at 1.5m through Kawi Thailand.

yes saw it after i posted it :P my bad

Do you perhaps know if there will be a clearance sale on the 2014 R1 ? placed a small deposit on my 899 order and wouldnt mind to cancel it if i get some good deals for the 2014 r1

It will depend on their current stock- if they have some left in the country, I'd expect to see it discounted- current retail is 799K, I believe.

ah i see. they probably won't go 100k down. all in all the 899 is better i think and has more to offer. while the r1 has same equipment except quickshifter but abit more power and the most georgous sound i've ever heard

^

Ummm... Did you check a few posts above yours...?wink.png

Also, the LOS H2 price has been announced at 1.5m through Kawi Thailand.

yes saw it after i posted it :P my bad

Do you perhaps know if there will be a clearance sale on the 2014 R1 ? placed a small deposit on my 899 order and wouldnt mind to cancel it if i get some good deals for the 2014 r1

Redbaron have a 2012 R1 for 718k, might take 700? Same bike I think but could be wrong...

• 2 weeks later...