Proposal for dialogue with Thaksin just a bad joke

webfact

" those who are not involved with both sides might still be dissatisfied. Many of their problems would remain unsolved."

If one looks at the last election where 90%+ of voters chose either the PTP or Democrat candidates, "those who are not involved with both sides" were a small minority. In fact the PTP formed a coalition with one of the minority parties. So it would seem that those who must be satisifed in any reconcliiation are those INVOLVED with both sides.

• Like 1

What could be a goal for a dialogue like that?

Making Thaksin to appear in TV, make a deep Wai and beg the people for forgiveness,

donate the ill gotten money for the people.

Telling he will now do his prison time and face all the charges aqgainst him, promise to leave the country forever together with his clan after his prison time never to return and never to appear in the public again.

While I am no expert in the Thai mentality or social structures, I think there is one important point that does not get enough air.

Thailand itself is an extremely complex and problem ridden country, while large area's are still rural and third world, there are the more developed and progressive area's which are far more densely populated. To try to govern a diverse country such as this to the benefit of all would be extremely challenging for any party (no matter what the political persuasion) There will be no overnight fixes in the fields of health cover or education for the masses, these are issues which may well take generational change and action to solve.

There are a few perceived issues with the Thai mentality that lends itself to being negative and regressive, in my honest opinion these will be best dealt with through improved education. Without being patronizing a detailed understanding of democracy and its duties and responsibilities, is better developed within/after a well rounded and comprehensive education. It's hard to appreciate the maneuvering and brinkmanship of politics if you have no access to/or understanding of basic media.

What is that important point that does not get enough air?

The previous government had enough time at the helm to at least start the process, they had the time to gett the ball rolling and get the right people involved. Nothing happened apart from empty rhetoric and half truths, after literally years where progress could be made there is nothing but dept and discord.

Government is there to do just that, govern for the people who elected them and who pay their wages!

They are there to look ahead and plan what will be required for society to flourish, the previous government were not interested in any of this as they already had what they wanted. A pliant and loyal population (in sufficient numbers to guarantee their existence and hold on power) that can be manipulated with lies and propaganda, why would they want to educate the younger generations and risk what has taken so long to establish?

Abhorrent though it may be to some the present government may have to stay in power far longer than was first thought, but if they show the vision that has been so far lacking in their predecessors then it may all be worth while.

• Like 2

While I am no expert in the Thai mentality or social structures, I think there is one important point that does not get enough air.

Thailand itself is an extremely complex and problem ridden country, while large area's are still rural and third world, there are the more developed and progressive area's which are far more densely populated. To try to govern a diverse country such as this to the benefit of all would be extremely challenging for any party (no matter what the political persuasion) There will be no overnight fixes in the fields of health cover or education for the masses, these are issues which may well take generational change and action to solve.

There are a few perceived issues with the Thai mentality that lends itself to being negative and regressive, in my honest opinion these will be best dealt with through improved education. Without being patronizing a detailed understanding of democracy and its duties and responsibilities, is better developed within/after a well rounded and comprehensive education. It's hard to appreciate the maneuvering and brinkmanship of politics if you have no access to/or understanding of basic media.

What is that important point that does not get enough air?

The previous government had enough time at the helm to at least start the process, they had the time to gett the ball rolling and get the right people involved. Nothing happened apart from empty rhetoric and half truths, after literally years where progress could be made there is nothing but dept and discord.

Government is there to do just that, govern for the people who elected them and who pay their wages!

They are there to look ahead and plan what will be required for society to flourish, the previous government were not interested in any of this as they already had what they wanted. A pliant and loyal population (in sufficient numbers to guarantee their existence and hold on power) that can be manipulated with lies and propaganda, why would they want to educate the younger generations and risk what has taken so long to establish?

Abhorrent though it may be to some the present government may have to stay in power far longer than was first thought, but if they show the vision that has been so far lacking in their predecessors then it may all be worth while.

Nothing happened apart from empty rhetoric and half truths, after literally years where progress could be made there is nothing but dept and discord.

Half truths, you're 50% correct.

"At least he is an inspiration for a group of people"

A group of people?

How about he is an inspiration for a 6 time national election winning majority!!!!!

The only faction i this debacle that can be described as a group of people is the Junta and it's elitist backers, thus their hatred for democracy!!!

Making Thaksin to appear in TV, make a deep Wai and beg the people for forgiveness,

Telling he will now do his prison time and face all the charges aqgainst him, promise to leave the country forever together with his clan after his prison time never to return and never to appear in the public again.

Good thoughts and would be great for the country, but don't hold your breath.

But if for some reason this wish did come true I would like to see him take some of his brainwashed fans with him. biggrin.png

• Like 1

It would be better if everyone stopped talking about him,never

mind talking to him,

regards Worgeordie

Worgeordie,

You like to have a voice and speak what's on your mind, so why would you seek to deny that right to the millions and millions and Thais that want Thaksin involved in their lives and in the leadership of their country?

How indecent of you.

I bet you enjoy dressing in Khaki.

regards,

Plowman

Good thoughts and would be great for the country, but don't hold your breath.

But if for some reason this wish did come true I would like to see him take some of his brainwashed fans with him. biggrin.png

Great minds thing alike. The above two posts prove that lesser minds are also capable of thinking alike.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

mind talking to him,

regards Worgeordie

Worgeordie,

You like to have a voice and speak what's on your mind, so why would you seek to deny that right to the millions and millions and Thais that want Thaksin involved in their lives and in the leadership of their country?

How indecent of you.

regards,

Plowman

Your out of touch, very out of touch.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A group of people?

How about he is an inspiration for a 6 time national election winning majority!!!!!

The only faction i this debacle that can be described as a group of people is the Junta and it's elitist backers, thus their hatred for democracy!!!

"How about he is an inspiration for a 6 time national election winning majority!!!!!"

7 posts.

Are they giving you the playbook page by page, start with page 1.

Perhaps you'd like to search around and get some better understand of 'majority', etc.

• Like 1

mind talking to him,

regards Worgeordie

Worgeordie,

How indecent of you.

regards,

Plowman

Your out of touch, very out of touch.

With reality? One of us clearly is!

A group of people?

"How about he is an inspiration for a 6 time national election winning majority!!!!!"

7 posts.

Are they giving you the playbook page by page, start with page 1.

Perhaps you'd like to search around and get some better understand of 'majority', etc.

2011 = 265 seats out of 500

or how about

2005 = 375 seats out of 500

You tell me what majority means!

The guy is an untrustworthy, spinseless tyrant who shafts anybody and everybody in his never ending quest for power and riches.

Thailand is a basket case at the best of times, and granted Thaksin had a means by which to keep a lid on a lot of the ddogy stuff that goes on here, but the human cost was simply too high for him to ever be considered for such roles in the future.

A man who is clearly without morals, ethics and who makes himself unaccountable for any misdeeds simply can't play a positive role in building a good society.

Thailand has to leave him and a lot of the political old guard and power brokers on on all sides behind if it wants to move on. But that will never happen, A shame really because a lot of people here deserve much much better

was this a self-portrait?

The guy is an untrustworthy, spinseless tyrant who shafts anybody and everybody in his never ending quest for power and riches.

Thailand is a basket case at the best of times, and granted Thaksin had a means by which to keep a lid on a lot of the ddogy stuff that goes on here, but the human cost was simply too high for him to ever be considered for such roles in the future.

A man who is clearly without morals, ethics and who makes himself unaccountable for any misdeeds simply can't play a positive role in building a good society.

Thailand has to leave him and a lot of the political old guard and power brokers on on all sides behind if it wants to move on. But that will never happen, A shame really because a lot of people here deserve much much better

Errr no, how about learn how to read and understand that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Everything I wrote I strongly believe to be true, Thaksin is one of the dirtiest politicians in history, the sheer numbers who died or have suffered due to his decisions and policies is sickening beyond belief. But I guess if you want to gloss over the losses of 1000's of lives as nothing then that only really reflects badly on you.

How about now trying to rebuff any / all of what I said. Let's discuss how a dialogue with Thaksin is a positive considering he IS a criminal fugitive on the run who refuses to return unless his crimes are whitewashed, and how he would expect to call the shots if stupidly he was given a chance to participate in a reconciliation process

• Like 2

Errr no, how about learn how to read and understand that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Everything I wrote I strongly believe to be true, Thaksin is one of the dirtiest politicians in history, the sheer numbers who died or have suffered due to his decisions and policies is sickening beyond belief. But I guess if you want to gloss over the losses of 1000's of lives as nothing then that only really reflects badly on you.

How about now trying to rebuff any / all of what I said. Let's discuss how a dialogue with Thaksin is a positive considering he IS a criminal fugitive on the run who refuses to return unless his crimes are whitewashed, and how he would expect to call the shots if stupidly he was given a chance to participate in a reconciliation process

Kool Aid alert!

• Like 1

Kool Aid alert!

troll / idiot alert more like. Let's discuss the topic shall we rather than doling out stupid insults.

Which part of what I wrote is factually incorrect then Plowman?

Incidentally I am not pro army or pro yellow. I am pro "people who work for interests of all Thais". And as such, people who have yet to come into the public domain let alone the political spotlight.

As head of the RTA and NCPO Prayuth is a legitimate leader and has made some positive steps, but also like Thaksin glosses over some pretty glaring wrongisms regarding members of his family and cabinet.

So who should fix the country do you think then? Bearing in mind that almost all political players with the means to do it appear to be bent as a dogs hind leg

• Like 2