Prohibited Sign for motor cycles/Pushbikes?

NoshowJones

Riding down Frontage Road towards Don Muang airport, there are circular signs on the wall dividing the Frontage Road, and the Main Road running parallel to it, showing a bike, only able to get a quick glance at it, with a red stripe across it.

Not sure whether it's a motorbike or pushbike. It is obviously prohibiting M/Cs or pushbikes, or both from somewhere. I saw plenty of M/Cs both on the main road and frontage road.

Anyone shed any light on this?

I've seen these signs but ignored, my guess is as good as yours and I too think it's prohibiting bikes from riding on the main road. Never seen a copper there, no room for them to hide anywhere and traffic is way to fast (when it's moving) to stop for a copper if he was hiding somewhere and tried to pull you over. I'd just keep going...

Edited by Shurup

I've seen these signs but ignored, my guess is as good as yours and I too think it's prohibiting bikes from riding on the main road. Never seen a copper there, no room for them to hide anywhere and traffic is way to fast (when it's moving) to stop for a copper if he was hiding somewhere and tried to pull you over. I'd just keep going...

I also ignore the signs and go onto the main road. I have seen police waiting by the side of the main road, usually they try to stop the slower bikes riding on the left. If you're on your Diavel, no problem to keep to the right most lane and the police will not be able to stop you. However, you have to be careful of the police cars though - they will give chase and pull you over.

If stopped, usual fine of 200 baht or so - worth it just to get off the frontage road but be careful, the main road under the bridge is slippery

• Like 2

you can go through Vibhavadi Rangsit main road with a big bike, no problems.

mostly they dont stop big bikes but can take a photo of your license plate and send you a fine. i received one recently before i put my license plate under the bike. a nice photos of my bike both from rear and front going through an over pass.

especially if you are fast on the main road there, no way they can stop you between speeding cars.

mostly they dont stop big bikes but can take a photo of your license plate and send you a fine. i received one recently before i put my license plate under the bike. a nice photos of my bike both from rear and front going through an over pass.

especially if you are fast on the main road there, no way they can stop you between speeding cars.

I ride a PCX.

I ride a PCX.

then better keep the frontage road as you said. safer.