So The Fight Is On! Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Undefeated, 11-time world champion Floyd Mayweather formally announced today the most anticipated boxing match of this generation. Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, a welterweight world championship unification bout, will take place on Saturday, May 2, live on pay-per-view.

This event, which holds the promise of breaking every pay-per-view record in history, is being promoted by Mayweather Promotions and Top Rank Inc., and will be produced and distributed live by SHOWTIME PPV® and HBO Pay-Per-View®.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pacquiao will do Mayweather.

I think a lot of people would love to see Pacquiao "do Mayweather". Personally, I just want to see a good scrap and may the best boxer win. Having said that, I think the chances of Pac beating Floyd are slim and none. And slim has left the building.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting article in the Daily Mail indicating a remote Thailand connection to Mayweather.

The last boxer to beat Mayweather, obviously in his amateur days, was in the 1996 Atlanta games featherweight semifinal. It was Todorov of Bulgaria who beat him on points. He went onto lose the final to Somluck Kamsing who, I believe, won Thailand's first Olympic gold.

The article highlighted the comparison between where Mayweather is now, in the wealth stakes, and the hand to mouth existence of the last boxer to beat him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3026272/Serafim-Todorov-man-beat-Floyd-Mayweather-lives-370-month-state-handout-Bulgaria.html

Why is something like this important? Misplace priorities, herded like kwai to believing and supporting something like this....

The thugs control this, why support it.. a public event....

Marketing, rip off, for what? This is not sport...coffee1.gif

Why is something like this important? Misplace priorities, herded like kwai to believing and supporting something like this....

What are you on about???

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed what are you on about? Not a sport? This is the sweet science my friend..

I cannot wait for this clash, harps back to the good old days of boxing

My Thai reading skills are not the best. I think that the fight is being shown live on Channel 7.

03 May at 0300 Hrs.

Anyone else confirm ?

There have been commercials running that say channel 7. I believe the time will be approximately 11:00 am Sunday morning.

• 2 weeks later...