EU official here to discuss human rights

Lite Beer

EU official here to discuss human rights
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- A senior European parliament official met Deputy Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai to discuss Thailand's human rights situation on Friday as part of her official visit.

Barbara Lochbihler, vice-chairperson of the European parliament's subcommittee on human rights, expressed a willingness to "initiate constructive cooperation between both sides", the National News Bureau of Thailand reported yesterday.

She also spoke to officials from the government and private sectors tasked with tackling human trafficking.

Don stressed the government's stance on combating human trafficking through law enforcement and fighting corruption. He said it was the government's top priority to tackle the issue, pointing out that an increased number of corrupt officials had been punished for their role in trafficking.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/EU-official-here-to-discuss-human-rights-30254607.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-22

This Thai "stresses" and "points out." The Thai has nothing to specifically report but he "points out" that an "increased number" of corrupt officials have been "punished." This is a real Thai laugher, typical puffing and blustering sidestepping and mumbo jumbo. I hope Barbara wasn't taken in by this Thai double talk.

• Like 1

Would be nice to give expats and husbands the same rights what their counterparts receive in Europe...

Certainly would, but that "ain't Thainess" just like most Thais don't listen, and certainly there is practically NO Law Enforcement.... just isn't. Doubt it ever will be.

• Like 2

Would be nice to give expats and husbands the same rights what their counterparts receive in Europe...

It would be nice for the UK government to give me and many other expats to bring our wives and children into the UK in the same way that EU citizens can enter the UK as a complete family.

Both the courts in the UK AND the EU Court of Human Rights are upholding THAT ban.

• Like 2

Oh look, Barbs is a, drumroll please, German.

I find the timing hilarious. The Germans have been the driving force behind the human rights policy for Thailand at the EU.

Yesterday, we had Thailand and Russia in talks about more trade. At the same time Russia has broken the ceasefire agreement in the Ukraine that was cobbled together by the Germans.

And now along comes a German EU official with a lengthy history of advocating for human rights in SE Asia. I'm sure she's in the mood to listen to the Thai side of things and she's going to smile and say, you go General.

clap2.gif

It would be nice for the UK government to give me and many other expats to bring our wives and children into the UK in the same way that EU citizens can enter the UK as a complete family.

Both the courts in the UK AND the EU Court of Human Rights are upholding THAT ban.

I recall what the Good Lord said about a speck of dust and a log.

Do they have human rights in Thailand?

If so, where, what, how and for who?

Oh yeah, I could only find 2 rights for farangs. As a farang you have the right to pay...

And as a farang you have the right to die....

Edited by FredNL
  • Like 1

Don stressed the government's stance on combating human trafficking through law enforcement and fighting corruption. He said it was the government's top priority to tackle the issue, pointing out that an increased number of corrupt officials had been punished for their role in trafficking.

Yeah, either transferred to a different province or moved to inactive posts with a slap on the wrist.

The solution:

1. Strip them of ALL their assets

2. Minimum jail sentence 25 years

If they have half a brain this situation should worry them. If the EU starts to apply sanctions, especially to areas such as the fishing industry, then their GDP will plummet.

It would be nice; in fact allowing such would put an end to Thailand breaking the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights to which it is a signatory.

It is illegal to deny any person their right to family life and yet the Thai gov will happily deport any foreigner who fails to meet its criteria. It is fair to say that all Western nations have their own criteria but this is to ensure that its welfare system isn't abused. Thailand doesn't provide such so there is no real excuse for it to insist a foreigner should be able to show over 4 times the national average monthly wage - even that is clear discrimination that the UN turns a blind eye to.

The solution ... either foreigners started leaving by the thousands or they all get together and petition the UN for change.

• Like 2

I wish to Heavens that every Mother and her Son would stop telling Thailand "how" to do everything and sort their own houses out first.

Thailand ain't perfect, and that's why I like it so much!!

wait until you are on the receiving end of its imperfection and see how you like it then.

• Like 1

Do they have human rights in Thailand?

If so, where, what, how and for who?

Oh yeah, I could only find 2 rights for farangs. As a farang you have the right to pay...

And as a farang you have the right to die....

3. as a farang, you also have the right to leave Thailand.

Why?

Europe has huge and increasing problems with immigrants. Why should Thailand copy that?

Quite right! Interracial marriages should be banned worldwide and their offspring exterminated since there will be nowhere for them to live in your vision of the world. Of course there would be no human race either since we are pretty much all a mix if you go back far enough. The land is not made for nations ancestors it existed long before humans had the concept and sometimes people should remember that. That said no person has a right to feed off another's toil and tax so there are balancing arguments.

• Like 2