Chinese pedestrians

LarryBird

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those who stay in mainland CN frequently will not be surprised. it is a normal occurence there.

Just that the Thai drivers are not used to people just crossing the road without paying any attention to the road conditions whatsoever which easily may result in fatal accidents

They are tourists, it's what they do... Stand in the walkways and streets while taking photos, looking at their maps and generally being lost... This behavior is not limited to Chinese, but may appear so due to the shear numbers of them in the city...

I just plainly dislike Chinese for their rough behavior , annoying language and noisy appearance, their disgusting bathroom manners and dangerous taking part in traffic!

And what country would you be from? I'm sure we can find some behavior about people from your home country to denigrate... rolleyes.gif

They are tourists, it's what they do... Stand in the walkways and streets while taking photos, looking at their maps and generally being lost... This behavior is not limited to Chinese, but may appear so due to the shear numbers of them in the city...

If you would be in mainland CN frequently and know the behaviour of its people, you would not make such a statement.

I just plainly dislike Chinese for their rough behavior , annoying language and noisy appearance, their disgusting bathroom manners and dangerous taking part in traffic!

while I have a certain understanding for your statement, keep in mind that Tens of Millions ethnic Chinese are actually citizens of Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and those are in most of the cases civilized, polite and educated folks with manners.

they unjustifiably suffer from generalization regarding Chinese people.

I should start a Textile printing business selling Shirts with "I am not a Mainlander" - print and sell them to non-mainland-Chinese at popular tourist spots all over Asia (it's not only Chiang Mai or Phuket, it is Bali, Boracay and Borneo too).

I am just worried that even the mainlanders would buy those shirts too and make them somehow obsolete ^^

I'm not talking about merely annoying behavior. I mean idiotic and dangerous.. Walking across busy intersections without a clue of what is going on. It really is mind boggling.

But this is how they do it EVERYWHERE in their very big home country, even in giant Metropolises like Beijing or Guangzhou. If there are no iron barriers (which at many downtown locations now do exist in most Chinese Cities) to prevent them from blind straywalking, they will do so.....

They are bad about standing in groups on the corner, but the Arabs are worse about giving you enough room to pass their herd on a 3 meter wide sidewalk.

Where are these 3 meter wide sidewalks in Chiang Mai (that aren't already taken up with food stalls, motor bikes etc)?

They are bad about standing in groups on the corner, but the Arabs are worse about giving you enough room to pass their herd on a 3 meter wide sidewalk.

Where are these 3 meter wide sidewalks in Chiang Mai (that aren't already taken up with food stalls, motor bikes etc)?

If there were to be found a vacant 3 metre wide strip of sidewalk in CM, if would seem like a shopping mall for some street vendors.

The British taught them everything they know.
very clever guys them poms,use to rule the world at one stage didn't they,apart from los though.

very clever guys them poms,use to rule the world at one stage didn't they,apart from los though.

Did amazingly well for one of the smallest islands in the world.

Twice now I happen to have been in TOPS and they buy up all the Lindt 85% dark chocolate.

Surely must give you more sexual stamina as opposed to bear bile and lizard droppings.

Oh sidewalks, dunno I walk in the road anyway to avoid the Thai obstacle course. wink.png

Did amazingly well for one of the smallest islands in the world.

Have you noticed just how many Brits there are in every part of the world? We are everywhere and it's all part of recolonisation and world domination yet again!

We have to find new places to colonise as the UK is full up with foreigners.

Twice now I happen to have been in TOPS and they buy up all the Lindt 85% dark chocolate.

Surely must give you more sexual stamina as opposed to bear bile and lizard droppings.

Oh sidewalks, dunno I walk in the road anyway to avoid the Thai obstacle course. wink.png

If you have ever had the misfortune to taste Chinese chocolate, you would understand.

Avoid the Chinese baked beans too which have now infiltrated Thai supermarkets.

If you have ever had the misfortune to taste Chinese chocolate, you would understand.

Avoid the Chinese baked beans too which have now infiltrated Thai supermarkets.

They don't seem to go for the milk chocolate, mostly high cocoa content.

I avoid anything with Chinese writing on!

Basically the PRC rules of the road in any accident with a Pedestrian its the drivers fault , its part of their Law if a lorry hits a car its the lorry fault if a car hit a bike or pedestrian its the cars fault

If you want a laugh read their Right of way law , basically if you get there first you get the right of way , straight up