Ex-murder convict shot dead 18 years after brutal killings

Thaivisa News

Songkhla:– Provincial police are investigating the gun attack against NetiratNoppawong, 40, aka SakPakro, in Sadao district.

Sadao police superintendent Colonel KittichaiSangkhathaworn said Netirat was shot twice in his backby unidentified gunman or gunmen.

The incident happened in front of the victim’s home. His wife took him to the district hospital. But he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Kittichai said pending the autopsy report, the bullets might have hit vital internal organs like kidney since the victim had massive loss of blood.

Police could not locate dispensed bullet cases at the scene and would await forensic checks before determining the gun used by identifying bullets lodged in the victim’s body.

Police would also check security cameras installed near the alley entrance leading to the victim’s home.

Based on time of shooting and the victim’s daily routine, it has been speculated that the gunman should know the victim or did the casing before the attack.

The victim was known to have stayed inside the house most of the time since his release from prison three years ago.

In 1997, the victim was convicted for robbery and brutal killing of the five-member family.

He broke into the home of PrapasBoonthawi, a health worker in Ranod district, stole one million baht and shot dead Prapas and his entire family.

The initial sentencing was death by execution before the judicial leniency to commute the punishment to life imprisonment. The actual jail time was 15 years due to good behaviour.

Murders 18 years ago. Released from prison 3 years ago. That's a long time to wait for revenge. I'd also be looking for someone with a newer beef.

If I wanted revenge I would want to look him straight in the eyes, not shoot him in the back.

• Like 1

Good behavior? Fifteen years for killing five members of someone's family?

Can't imagine where to start looking for a suspect. Not that I'd be in much of a rush to investigate.

Justice just came a bit late for this guy. He should have been erased from the planet years ago.

Though the mills of God grind slowly;
Yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience He stands waiting,
With exactness grinds He all.

Revenge IS a meal best served cold - all good, all done.

Sounds painful, getting shot in the backby

as I was reading backby, I mentally substituted back-side which triggered the thought of shot dead from a being shot in the arse - but reading on clarified the backby biggrin.png

The outcome seems to be no great loss.