Video: The Chinese tourists accused of bad behaviour in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Well here is my two cents worth I seen with my own eyes in Pattaya a German I assume business owner punch a Thai lady went she by accident hit his unleashed mutt. Then couple minutes later seen his butt being stomped by 7 Thai's Karma is a bitch.

Well here is my two cents worth I seen with my own eyes in Pattaya a German I assume business owner punch a Thai lady went she by accident hit his unleashed mutt. Then couple minutes later seen his butt being stomped by 7 Thai's Karma is a bitch.

Sounds like one of those cases where the farang actually deserved a beatings, I can imagine the Thai blokes were taken great pleasure in finally getting rid of all that pent up jealousy

I agree with this.

Whilst the behaviour of the Chinese tourists in the video is far from pleasant, I'm sure someone could just as easily make similar videos on the behaviour of British, German, American, Russian, Israeli, Swedish, Dutch or any other nationalities which visit Thailand in large numbers.

Well then you'd be wrong. I've never witnessed hordes of Europeans/Americans push their way through roped off barricades at airports the way the Chinese do. And can you imagine any of the aforementioned flinging hot water at a steward? Or defecating in the corner of a temple?

I might also point out that it is only in those areas where there are a large farang contingent that the Thais have learned some manners and to not queue jump and also to hold doors open for others. Enough of this PC BS. The Chinese are boorish peasants who should stay home until they're up to speed with how to conduct themselves in a civilised manner. Much like the Russians.

The English peasants weren't behaving too well in Paris the other day, shouting racist taunts and pushing some unfortunate black guy off a train on the metro.

• Like 1

Thailand tourism is witnessing what European tourism did 20 or so years ago. Cheap flights and package holidays opening up to more people. This led to lots of Brits invading southern Europe and giving a huge head ache to locals, it's still going on to this day! I bet most Europeans would say Brits are the worst behaved tourists.

And before I get accused of Brit bashing, I am British and constantly embarrassed by the behavior of my 'countrymen'

The current junta is also cosying up more and more to China, so Thailand get used to it.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The world is witnessing the end result of the Cultural Revolution and the Little Red Book, because the Bamboo Curtain has been lifted.

Very much so , the experiment is complete, its what you get after 65 years of propaganda and restriction on freedom of speech

Nouveau riche Brits, Americans, Russians.....from anywhere really, are loud, boorish, unsophisticated, and rude. It's not just the Chinese.

But that's not a defense of them defecating on the floor or countless other examples of their rudeness.

I hope the "Queuing is cool" message gets through! I did a border run on the 19th (New years day) and trying to get back into Thailand with the hordes of Chinese and Malay tourists was a nightmare. They literally stampeded the rope barriers down and it was a free-for-all to get to any Immigration window. I ended up putting my manners aside and joined the fray. If I hadn't, I'd still be in Malaysia.

I agree with this.

Whilst the behaviour of the Chinese tourists in the video is far from pleasant, I'm sure someone could just as easily make similar videos on the behaviour of British, German, American, Russian, Israeli, Swedish, Dutch or any other nationalities which visit Thailand in large numbers.

If they could, they would. They can't.

On my last visit to Pattaya I had the misfortune of staying at a hotel which had as guests a group of very foul mouthed and loud British young men in the mould of football hooligans who thought nothing of shoutng and screeming obscenities and banging doors throughout the night. As a Brit I sometimes feel ashamed of my fellow countrymen, although I hesitate to include the word "men."

well, they wanted to kick farangs out by harassing and mistreat tourists and get more Chinese, Arabs, Russians, Indians ,etc...

Here you have. This is the result of xenophobia and racism which have increased 1 million % in the past year. Good luck with that "quality".

• Like 2

The most poorly behaved people in Thailand are Thais.

I don't think so.

And please receive well the usually question: what a .... do you stay here with your opinion?

Nothing wrong with this sentence. You may exchange Thais and Thailand, with any country and their respective habitants. And it still is right.

I agree with this.

Well then you'd be wrong. I've never witnessed hordes of Europeans/Americans push their way through roped off barricades at airports the way the Chinese do. And can you imagine any of the aforementioned flinging hot water at a steward? Or defecating in the corner of a temple?

I might also point out that it is only in those areas where there are a large farang contingent that the Thais have learned some manners and to not queue jump and also to hold doors open for others. Enough of this PC BS. The Chinese are boorish peasants who should stay home until they're up to speed with how to conduct themselves in a civilised manner. Much like the Russians.

The English peasants weren't behaving too well in Paris the other day, shouting racist taunts and pushing some unfortunate black guy off a train on the metro.

To quote "Yes Prime Minister", they were obviously overwrought - as a newt!

I avoid any place that is considered a "tourist" destination, unless I am staying at a hotel that is expensive enough to keep the rabble away, and is also removed from the center of tourist activities. We have had very quiet and peaceful vacations in Hua Hin, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Krabi, and Samui. Though we live in Thailand, we are the quality tourists that the TAT desires...stay in expensive hotels, spend thousands of baht per day, and would never EVER consider infringing on others, including littering, verbal noise pollution, queue jumping, or any other uncivilized behavior. Though in point of fact, many of these behaviors could be discouraged if the Thais got their act together and put an end to them.

Other countries deal with similar amounts of tourists and don't have this kind of crap going on. I well remember our first trip to Playa del Carmen (the Mexican Riviera). They have a walking street...it is truly a walking street with no cars, motocys or even bicycles. Tourists are civilized, shops are organized, there are no touts, restaurants are clean and when you order something you get what you ordered. Even at 2am things are relatively quiet and civilized. My wife asked, "Why can't Thailand do this?". "Because they choose not too" was my response. Until the Thai government chooses differently this is what they get.

• Like 2

Almost ran over a fat Chinese girl yesterday, she just walked out into the middle of the busy street. Then she froze like a deer in the headlights when I came around the corner. This was about my tenth close encounter with a Chinese pedestrian. They can piss and defecate on temples etc as much as they want but before anything else please somebody teach them how to behave in traffic.

• Like 2

I have thrown litter on the floor in the past, i have been drunk in public singing songs as a form of enjoyment. I have probably caused my fair share of arguments in the past. I am getting a little bit older and wiser, a little bit more understanding and a little bit overall more knowledgeable. I suppose it is called life. Some get it quicker than others. Overall everyone needs guidance to some degree.

• Like 1

On my last visit to Pattaya I had the misfortune of staying at a hotel which had as guests a group of very foul mouthed and loud British young men in the mould of football hooligans who thought nothing of shoutng and screeming obscenities and banging doors throughout the night. As a Brit I sometimes feel ashamed of my fellow countrymen, although I hesitate to include the word "men."

One night in a hotel in Bangkok at 4 am the fire-alarm went off. Everybody in panic (including me at the 10th floor), when we run down along emergency exits we found out that it were some drunk Brits who thought it was fun to push the fire-alarm.

I'll never forget that!

I agree with this.

Please don't get this mixed up with immature peer pressure behavior. They are not tourists.

We also booked a nice bungalow in a resort at Koh Samui, Chaweng beach. Then at 10pm the boom-boom discobeat started and NOBODY in the whole resort could sleep untill 6 am. I still see us sitting in the garden being angry about the Thai. The owner told us the police had been paid so this was going on every night!

Never again koh Samui for us.

Good luck with the Chinese, have fun! Thailand doesn't deserve anything better. We go to Singapore now, or Malaysia if we want to relax.

• Like 1