Cobra plays toilet peek-a-boo in Bangkok home

webfact

Cobra plays toilet peek-a-boo in Bangkok home
By Coconuts Bangkok

cobratoilet2.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Firefighters in the capital’s Nong Khaem district responded to an exciting call Saturday that a cobra had somehow emerged from a toilet to totally freak out the home’s residents.

When authorities arrived to the house on Phasi Charoen Road, the serpent reportedly spread its hood in response, but the officer managed to stuff it into his bag of shame.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/23/cobra-plays-toilet-peek-boo-bangkok-home

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-23

• Like 1

This is the second time I read about snakes in the toilet.

That has made me uncomfortable siting on the bowl and most of the time I have a peek to see if anything is moving in there.

What a life in the sticks.........I'm moving to Pattaya..............hope I don't see a farang emerging from the bowlw00t.gif

In Pattaya the farangs are usually found head first in the bowl, praying to all of the gods that ever existed to make the nausea stop ! That is, if they are lucky enough to make it to the toilet first. (I have seen them make offerings to the gods of drunkenness and debauchery right in the middle of Walking Street before - and then try to pick up girls that were still back-pedalling away from the expanding pool of regurgitated vileness !)

That has made me uncomfortable siting on the bowl and most of the time I have a peek to see if anything is moving in there.

What a life in the sticks.........I'm moving to Pattaya..............hope I don't see a farang emerging from the bowlw00t.gif

You might meet a few two legged snakes. Beware!!

• Like 1

Snakes do not just appear or swim their way through toilet pipes into a house

Oh yes they do!

Check a few papers archives.

So common here that even big (BIG) pythons have been known to emerge and attempt to drag people into squat toilets (maybe sometimes they succeed and nobody knows!).

'Back in the day' in HK, cobra's frequently used to emerge from toilets up on the upper floors of 20++ story high rises in Midlevel’s. Maybe communist sssssnakes are better behaved now.

Always check before you sit.

Sleep well.

The snake was looking for the coolest spot in the house = hongnaam. And inside the toilet inside the bowl is pretty cozy. What you can do is play Gangnam style really loud a couple of times a day. It tends to frighten small animals away.

snakes have no ear for music.

But dancing Gangnam style is something else - it's enough to frighten anything away.

Oh yes they do!

Check a few papers archives.

So common here that even big (BIG) pythons have been known to emerge and attempt to drag people into squat toilets (maybe sometimes they succeed and nobody knows!).

'Back in the day' in HK, cobra's frequently used to emerge from toilets up on the upper floors of 20++ story high rises in Midlevels. Maybe communist sssssnakes are better behaved now.

Always check before you sit.

Sleep well.

Can travel over 20 floor high , mine is 15 th floor , thought I was safe , apparently not ,,, 55555

I saw a huge python crawl into a Songtaew outside Mike's shopping mall a couple of years ago.

So there are also "legless" snakes in Pattaya.

The snake was looking for the coolest spot in the house = hongnaam. And inside the toilet inside the bowl is pretty cozy. What you can do is play Gangnam style really loud a couple of times a day. It tends to frighten small animals away.

cheesy.gif I bet it startles a hellalot more demographics, than just small animals w00t.gif

There are way more snakes in Pattaya ... the two legged kind.

Not just snakes.

I have had crabs come out of the loo.

Worst was when we had rats coming out at night and trying to get at our rice. Very hygienic after they had scampered around the sewer then scuttle over all our food surfaces.

Edited by ResandePohm