TAT launches lower-northeastern tourism development campaign

webfact

TAT launches lower-northeastern tourism development campaign

SURIN, 23 February 2015 (NNT) – Five lower-northeastern provinces have been assigned as the new tourism development zone, while both the public and private sectors are gearing up to increase the country's potential in tourism, says the TAT Surin Director.

According to the Director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Surin Office Chukiat Pho-to, the authorities and the tourism business sector held a workshop on tourism development, after the five lower-northeastern provinces had been declared as the Lower-Isan Civilisation Tourism Development Zone by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

The five provinces are Nakhon Ratchasima, Chaiyaphum, Buriram, Surin, and Ubon Ratchathani. The strategy for tourism in these five provinces should be cohesive in order to provide a common directive for these newly announced tourist destinations.

He has mentioned that all staff in tourism sector should be improved to accommodate the increase of tourists along with the opening of special economic zones and the integration of the ASEAN Economic Community this year.

The Surin TAT Director has further said that each province in this campaign has its own strength which should be combined together as a tour package.

He has said that the lower-northeastern provinces' connection with the neighbouring countries is considered its strength and cross-border tourism should be promoted.

He has added that this year's ‘Discover Thainess’ campaign should encourage all sectors in helping to preserve and present the Thai identity, including the way of life, traditions, arts, and culture, as tourism products to tourists from both Asia and Europe.

He has also asked the Thai public to be good hosts and provide a warm welcome to the tourists.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-23 footer_n.gif

TAT could start by manning their 1672 "hot line" with staff fluent in English. I have called several times and always been met staff who hardly speaks English. This is a tourist hot line after all.

Then they should have information at hand about tourist attractions they are advertizing in the media. As it is today they always seem surprised when I ask about an attraction TAT is advertizing, and they have no clue. To their defense I can mention that they have offered to investigate and come back to me, but that seems very inefficient way of working.

As so often in Thailand, the issues above are management issues. The individuals most often do their best.

.....there website is even worse.....small banners advertising "promotions"....click on them and nothing links............click on a few other banners.....and you get a "work in progress" message....hopeless

Fully agree. First time I saw I was impressed. Very colourful and a lot of photos. But once you start to click your way around there is most often nothing there, or very minimal information. I had hoped this to be my "go to" site when planning my trips in Thailand, but no. It is of no help.