helping my wife in local market

I go to the local market to buy food to cook in my home. OK so I walk back carrying my purchases and do not hire a Thai . Am I in the wrong> Also I cook the food .Is this ,so I guess a Thai could cook for me.

You have no problem........smile.png

You're helping your wife carry something period !!

Course you can do it

You were born without the self-preservation gene.

My sympathies......

Better to lack a gene than the entire spinal cord.

So, you would risk deportation, split from your wife and children over personal pride?

Are you missing a brain?

Edited by KarenBravo

Yeah, go to Labor office for the sake of yourself. It sounds more like the discretion from Thai authority because you are simply helping your wife. It would be interesting what their response will be. Press on & keep this thread informed! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

So, you would risk deportation, split from your wife and children over personal pride?

Are you missing a brain?

Stop making a fool of yourself, get a knee-jerking medicine.

he's not making a fool of himself.
  • Like 2

My German neighbor in Chayaphum province small Amphoer in the countryside sold over years many thing from him farm, fish, fruits, vegetables by himself in the neighboring village roads and in local markets.

Never a problem or talk with, from or to authorities,

Another Expat, uses his or his Gf's Pick up to bring school children from neighboring smaller villages and isolated houses to and later from the local school, same a school Bus service.

He has no own kids and he charges money of course.

Surely local headmen know that, but, no problem, not bothered since many years.rolleyes.gif

......and there's the problem. A very common problem in this country.

The law is applied very haphazardly. Some are clearly not following the letter and spirit of the law, yet, no action taken. Others get caught and punished.

Seems to me by most of the posts here. If you are in a village, or a town with not many foreigners, you are more than likely to be left alone.

Try it in places like Pattaya, Phuket, Samui, Hua Hin etc and you are playing with fire.

I know a few foreigners who have worked in various places like pubs and restaurants without any problems. There was even a French guy selling magic tricks along sukumvit a few years ago. He said you can do what you want if you grease the right palms, although I think he was pushing it a bit too far.

Bring back the 'Bowring Treaty' I say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowring_Treaty