TV, Truemove H etc. What to go for?

Hostile

Ais and true move are phone companies...

True does have cable company 'True Visions' which offer all the channels you mentioned above...

Although do not think AIS offers any cable TV service(at least not that I have heard)

Many don't like true but not a whole lot of choice out there for cable providers with a lot of foreign language channels..

Which is why a lot of expats find ways to stream via Internet from other sources

• Like 1

Ais and true move are phone companies...

True does have cable company 'True Visions' which offer all the channels you mentioned above...

Although do not think AIS offers any cable TV service(at least not that I have heard)

Many don't like true but not a whole lot of choice out there for cable providers with a lot of foreign language channels..

Which is why a lot of expats find ways to stream via Internet from other sources

I thought its iptv not cable

Look at GMMZ, not the quite the selection of Truevison but much cheaper and better content in general and a whole lot less hassle.

ROKU is a good choice if you have fast internet as this works off the internet.

If you have space for a small dishs with GMMZ and another dish for free TV you would have TV 90% as good as TrueVisions at 40% off the cost in my opinion.

It all depends on what channels you "must" have really.

Look at GMMZ, not the quite the selection of Truevison but much cheaper and better content in general and a whole lot less hassle.

ROKU is a good choice if you have fast internet as this works off the internet.

If you have space for a small dishs with GMMZ and another dish for free TV you would have TV 90% as good as TrueVisions at 40% off the cost in my opinion.

I will look at it

The other option im thinking about is

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201288270691&alt=web

Any idea ?

How thats works

Need fast net?

Edited by Hostile

I live on Koh Samui I have MYIPTV well over a 100 English speaking channels sports movies documentaries to many to mention however you need to have Internet in your house if not I also have CTH as a back up incase the Internet goes down better and cheaper than true movies which I had for 8 years before they lost the EPLnfootball rights

To be honest it is nearly all crap , The History and Nat Geo just show contrived "Reality shows" Pawn Stars , Pickers , storage wars , total and utter drivel. through no other choice I have True and a 1 time payment box (Nudge ,nudge ,wink , wink) for CTH and the football

All i really watch is Gold, Ice cold Gold , Deadliest catch , Live free or die and the odd movie and that's over a week. Intervention can be quite entertaining if the Addicts family are big enough losers

• Like 1

With True, if you want BBC it is an extra and is not in a package. The platinum service with a lot of English language channels is expensive and the same movies and series tend to appear on the Gold package channels prior of after the platinum broadcasts.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

With True, if you want BBC it is an extra and is not in a package. The platinum service with a lot of English language channels is expensive and the same movies and series tend to appear on the Gold package channels prior of after the platinum broadcasts.

Ive got the Platinum had 4 bbc channels , News , Lifestyle, Entertainment, Knowledge . They binned Entertainment last week , Ive told the missus to call them as I'll have some money back if they are going to start nicking channels

Edited by ExPratt

I gave up on True Visions due to the endless repeats and adverts every few minutes. It is really very expensive crap in my opinion. You would be better off getting a fast internet connection and stream one of the Internet TV packages that are available.

I use ThaiExpat TV which basically gives the Freeview UK channels. Other systems are available.

• Like 2

I live on Koh Samui I have MYIPTV well over a 100 English speaking channels sports movies documentaries to many to mention however you need to have Internet in your house if not I also have CTH as a back up incase the Internet goes down better and cheaper than true movies which I had for 8 years before they lost the EPLnfootball rights

I got TOT i think 10MBs

I pay like 1000 month

Would that work?

I think that is right and in my case I want access to CNBC and NFL in HD. For this I use True Gold subscription. If anybody can suggest an alternative I am all ears.

I have also discovered Channel Red which screens Asian movies with Eng subtitles.

WE TV Cable is cheap...and Nasty, they have dropped the Australian feed, they have program drop-outs that go on for hours and sometimes days.

If you phone to complain, you get fobbed off, ask for the Manager but she is almost always in a meeting. Got her once and she vowed to "get back" but never did.

Think you might be best investing in a Sat-dish and decoder.

Never again would I buy a box and service,as nothing is guaranteed.here today

gone tomorrow,over the years i have had quite a few systems ,some lasted a

couple of years some only months,leaving you with expensive dishes and boxes,

Now I just stream from my PC to Tv, plenty free stuff,don't like XMBC or KODI

I just add channels to speed dial in Opera one click and I am there, plus I

subscribe to ilikeHD for when too much buffering on overseas connections,

so the most I could ever loose is 350 THB, ilikeHD offers everything you could

possible want.

regards Worgeordie

Really, kodi sucks too much. Its really hard to configure and after you finally do, some link changes or the guy goes on a bender and doesn't update things and you are suddenly back at square one. And that ignores all the connection issues and the reflexive responses from the "gurus", "well your internet connection must be rubbish "

Yes, its rubbish! We are in Thailand we all have rubbish connections!

Really, kodi sucks too much. Its really hard to configure and after you finally do, some link changes or the guy goes on a bender and doesn't update things and you are suddenly back at square one. And that ignores all the connection issues and the reflexive responses from the "gurus", "well your internet connection must be rubbish "

Yes, its rubbish! We are in Thailand we all have rubbish connections!

Im playing with kodi. And I have to say its quite good if you find good plugins.

I put best movie plugins live sport plugin

And live tv

Its pretty much everything there...

I ordered best box i could find from china

With wifi fast processor and 2GB ram

Latest box. And will put kodi in it

Paid 90USD with shipping.

Then i found iptv forums and people sells subscryptions u can buy 12 months for 50 euro.

They give u test it. I looked at one and i have to say that free plugins i installed in kodi works much better and loads of channels.

For me it's in order of preference Kodi (free), ThaiExpatTV (600THB/m) and iLikeHD (very occasionally - once a month on an hourly basis charge 30THB/2hrs) gets used most in our house. Kodi is tops as its ideal for a private NAS entertainment setup in home as well. Get the latest addon's and helpful ("guru") support from some and you'll be fine with the live TV streams as well.