Teacher's license

Popenerrow

The rules are still -

- being older than 20 years

- degree in education or equivalent

- Thai Language, Culture and Ethics course certificate

Thank you for replying. I know about those you mentioned above but I'm asking about the new thainess course. I read about it somewhere but I'm not sure if they will ask for it now when I apply

The "Thainese" course is the Thai Language, Culture and Ethics course wich you have to take.'

Problem is that the course is not being given now, as they are modifying the course. But it is expected to be given again soon, at multiple locations.

• Like 2

You might also need to have worked a year here and currently employed. I think...

I've also read they are revising a bunch of nonsense regarding renewels, so its posdible tbe initial certification will change as well.

Edited by Mencken

From what I gathered, the "Thainess" course, is just the same Thai, Culture and Ethics course which is already required (Although it sounds like the course is being re-designed).

And so the course is only really required if you would like to apply for your 5 year licence, which you'd need either:

A Bachelor of Education

Or a Bachelor Degree in any subject + a post graduate qualification in Education/Teaching

Or pass a course/tests approved by the Thai ministry of Education which would qualify you for a Thai teaching licence (Which, to the best of my knowledge, aren't available for English speakers at present).

As it's only for your 5 year licence, you don't need to necessarily rush into a culture course (And you can obtain 2 (or sometimes 3), 2 year teaching licence waivers in the meantime). Although check ksp.or.th for information about upcoming culture courses and any other updates which relate to the teaching licence, as once the culture courses become available, you should try to book a spot in them, as places are limited, and you don't want to get caught short in the future.

Also if you don't have a BEdu or Post Graduate qualification in teaching/education, then you should probably look into which of the options I've mentioned above would suit you best, and start working towards it. The 3rd option is of course the easiest/ best option for most of us, but we'll be at the mercy of Krusapa as to whether anything will eventually be organised or not, since nothing is currently in place (Unless of course you're a fluent Thai speaker).

• Like 1

I've been working here for 5 years and changed school twice already which means that I've received teacher's license waiver twice already. I just finished the diploma for education course and I'm thinking to go and apply for the 5 years license, although I still have 1 year left on my current waiver. Thanks for clarifying the thainess course. I was worried about that, thought it's something new because I just read about it last week.