New multilingual signs, flyers and tourist info centres to clarify Phuket beach rules

webfact

Boy, they left a lot out about the beach sign rules ie;

1. I a jet ski operator will not park my crap on the walk areas.

2. I a food vendor with no running water and dirty dishes promise to stop dumping my waste in the public sewer system.

3. I as a working girl promise to stop drugging the tourist.

4. I as a Tuk-Tuk driver promise to never cheap or beat-up tourist again.

5. I as a Yaba user promise to stop killing tourist without leaving my DNA behind in the future.

6. I as a tour bus driver promise to keep my drinking to only 4 beers and whiskey before driving.

7. I as an unemployed teenager promise to rob only younger people who have a chance to fight back against me and my 10 buddies and to be fair in the daylight only as to not distrub the police late at night. Cost saving measures.

Fines for any of the about rules broken 50 baht. And a stern warning.

This is getting just strange....

Where I come from people have rights....

You can take anything you want with you at any time and at any place as long as you do not brake the law.

Last time I checked....In Thailand there is no law against carrying or placing chairs or umbrellas wherever you want. Same goes for food, drink, alcohol, as long as you do not brake the law.

All this crap is just rubbish and I wish someone would challenge the authorities in court over these idiotic signs.

If I strolled down the walkway in Bangkok holding an umbrella and a chair, went into Lumpini Park and placed it there, sat down for a cool drink or beer, nobody would stop me. In theory, of course someone would come up to me and tell me I have to pay a fee for doing it, in cash to the guy, as an afterthought. And after that some police officer will stroll up and ask for a fine, again cash in hand without receipt.

Edited by AlQaholic

Had a quick look at Karon Beach from the road yesterday. What looked better? The "official" umbrellas, the faded, tatty umbrellas donated some time ago by Siam Commercial Bank, all bunched together at the back of the beach or a smattering of brightly covered smaller umbrellas all over the beach?

The officials should take the blinkers off and have a proper look and, if it's at all possible with their limited brain power, think about what they are doing. There have been so many u-turns that another will hardly be noticed.

• Like 1