Murder-accused named adviser to Thai justice minister

webfact

Is he appointed to give advice on how to drag the judicial process endlessly and how you escape justice here when you belong to the class of the rich and influential? I am lost for words.

You need not be either rich or influential to have your case drag on endlessly or escape justice here. Just a few thousand baht would cover it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Of course this appointment is not good.. even a junta supporter like me does not like this. ITs crazy and people who are under investigation should not be in these kind of positions. It reminds me of that senator that killed his wife (PTP guy) and could not be prosecuted because the senate was still in session.

These kind of things are a disgrace no matter on what side they happen and this should be sorted out.

What about the PTP member of parliament that got let out on bail every time parliament was sitting , point is the bloody joint is a joke.

In the interests of balance, what about the "Democrat" MP facing a murder charge who was given Abhisits blessing to remain an MP and was subsequently sentenced to death in November 2014 for the murder of a local politician?

Just as wrong.. its wrong on all sides.

• Like 1

YL is guilty until proving innocent by the cries of many TV members. While this guy is innocent until proving guilty and is even given a job by the Junta while out on bail. Of course this is part of Reconciliation. Winning the hearts and minds of the Thai people.

Mango I see you are up early distorting the truth as always.

I don't see anyone here saying YL is guilty until proven innocent. What I see are people stating facts or reports about her actions and saying she will be unable to defend herself because she is guilty.

By the way! The report has nothing to do with YL. It is about hiring an aid to the minister who is facing murder charges. This in itself should be one of the things that P needs to address. Anybody facing such criminal charges should be placed on suspension and removed from their position until such time that they are acquitted.

Mango was correct. I see people reading translations of reports, unsupported evidence, and thereby concluding she has an indefensible case, which is presumptive and erroneous. Mango compared the two instances, which has a limited validity, especially since charges have been filed before the appointment and therefore suggests that there is evidence to convict. Most world governments would never appoint such a person until they were exonerated, and which also implies he will be exonerated (saving face is always on the table, and they could not afford the embarrassment). Again, the outcome is already known, which is inherently suspicious in itself.

YL is guilty until proving innocent by the cries of many TV members. While this guy is innocent until proving guilty and is even given a job by the Junta while out on bail. Of course this is part of Reconciliation. Winning the hearts and minds of the Thai people.

I don't see anyone here saying YL is guilty until proven innocent. What I see are people stating facts or reports about her actions and saying she will be unable to defend herself because she is guilty.

By the way! The report has nothing to do with YL. It is about hiring an aid to the minister who is facing murder charges. This in itself should be one of the things that P needs to address. Anybody facing such criminal charges should be placed on suspension and removed from their position until such time that they are acquitted.

It is prayuth who is saying that yingluck must prove her innocence.

http://currentbuzz.my/News/A-Prisoner-in-her-Own-Land-Yingluck

"Gen Prayut has urged Yingluck to step forward and prove her claims of innocence in the face of the charge against her of dereliction of duty in the rice-pledging scheme."

the charge against her of dereliction of duty in the rice-pledging scheme

Not attending any meetings as chairperson is dereliction of duty

therefore YL has to prove she wasn't derelict

eg she was busy on overseas shopping trips when every one on the meetings was happening

Negative. Burden of proof is on the prosecution. Defending against the evidence of such proof is the job of the defense.

You are not off-baser. You are not in the ballpark or even city on this one.

I am sure he does not need permission from prayuth to eat a bowl of noodles...

I do think that a grave error was made in appointing him whilst out on bail on charges of murdering his wife. That should not have happened and I find myself agreeing with him on that point - probably the only time this is going to happen I would imagine, knowing his misguided and outlandish opinions on matters.

As to the Yingluck comment, you have to allow for MB's dismay at seeing her face up to the courts for her mishandling of virtually everything that she was involved in (or not involved in when she should have been) as evidence points to only one thing and that is a guilty verdict on all accounts. He is probably even more upset at his heroine not being allowed to run away to avoid facing the oncoming 'gauntlet of the courts' plus the ignominy and shame of seeing her having to serve a prison sentence, with her brother (who selfishly put her in this desperate position) unable to come to her rescue in her time of need.

Please be gentle with Mr. Mango, it is a difficult time for the poor lad!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Of course this appointment is not good.. even a junta supporter like me does not like this. ITs crazy and people who are under investigation should not be in these kind of positions. It reminds me of that senator that killed his wife (PTP guy) and could not be prosecuted because the senate was still in session.

These kind of things are a disgrace no matter on what side they happen and this should be sorted out.

What about the PTP member of parliament that got let out on bail every time parliament was sitting , point is the bloody joint is a joke.

I think that was Nattwut Saikua but I am not 100% certain.

The case of the senator was quite different. I do not offer that as an excuse, because it was so messed up that and unbelievable. The circumstances were quite different, as there was no evidence of intent, and he had a good relationship with his ex wife, who was also his cousin and secretary. (How could this be anywhere else, but Thailand?) One could say negligence, stupidity, intellectual deficiency, but intentional murder, no. As a refresher, here is how it was reported;

A Thai senator accidentally shot and killed his personal secretary with a submachine-gun at a restaurant Sunday night, police say. Mae Hong Son senator Boonsong Kowawisarat was eating at a restaurant in Phrae province with his personal assistant and first cousin Chanakarn Detkard when Boonsong, 55, took out his gun. Boonsong told police the gun accidentally went off and shot Chanakarn, 46, in the stomach while he attempted to remove a bullet.. His story was corroborated by witnesses (there were 10 members of the family eating together) who said that after putting the uzi on the table, when he picked it up it went off spraying bullets. Boonsong told police he was so shocked by what had happened that he couldn't take Chanakarn to the hospital himself. The restaurant owner took her to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.Boonsong will be charged with causing death by negligence but, because he and Chanakarn were relatives and it was an accident, he is unlikely to be sued by his cousin's family, local police told Agence France Presse.

In this case, here is how Thai PBS reported the arrest last June;The president of the Southern Press Association was today (Wednesday) arrested by police on murder charge for allegedly plotting the murder of his wife. Three other people were also arrested on the same charge of homicide for the murder of Mrs Wanpen Maneerungsakul on May 31 at a rubber plantation in Sadao district of Songkhla.Police alleged that Mr Chaiyong Maneerungsakul who is also a member of the advisory board of the Southern Border Provinces Administration Centre hired the three men to kill his own wife for 500,000 baht.The three suspects were reported to have told the police that they were told by Mr Chaiyong to wait for Mrs Wanpen at the rubber plantation and killed her once she stepped out of her car.Once arrived at a spot in the rubber plantation in her car, one of the three suspects opened fire on her but the gun went dud. Then the second suspect stabbed her until she died. The four suspects are being held at Sadao district police station. All have denied the charges.

Very different circumstances. One was obviously an irresponsible fool, who mishandled a firearm. There was no evidence of premeditated murder. The other case is an accusation of premeditated murder and a cover up. What I find incredible is that there was absolutely no follow up to the senator's incident. Negligence charges were supposed to have been laid, but there was nothing in the Thai media as to the outcome.
Even poor Abhisit had an MP accused of murder who was allowed to keep his seat. At the time, Abhisit could not even make the chap sit as an independent.
It is very difficult to maintain any semblance of respect for Thailand's government under these circumstances. Forgive me if I say, that this country is seriously screwed up.

I like your post. Most seriously screwed up, more than any country I've lived in so far.

But, how many people would take an Uzi to a family dinner, then mess with it at the dinner table? And just happen to kill his ex-wife in a shocking accident? And she happened to still be his personal secretary and was his cousin.

Eat your heart out Agatha Christie.

Hey rametindallas, you spell STUPID like this not stoopid unless of course you were being sarcastic. Come on people spell check is on every computer !

I was writing to emphasize the word. Maybe you didn't notice I spelled it correctly in the next usage. I almost spelled it, 'Stooooopid'.

In the interests of balance, what about the "Democrat" MP facing a murder charge who was given Abhisits blessing to remain an MP and was subsequently sentenced to death in November 2014 for the murder of a local politician?

Where's the link to Abhisit giving his 'blessing' before the MP was subsequently sentenced to death? It was an outrage but the rules state that the not-yet-found-guilty MP had immunity and there was nothing Abhisit could do. I pronounce you King of the Cheap Shots on Thai Visa Forum.

Where's the link to Abhisit giving his 'blessing' before the MP was subsequently sentenced to death? It was an outrage but the rules state that the not-yet-found-guilty MP had immunity and there was nothing Abhisit could do. I pronounce you King of the Cheap Shots on Thai Visa Forum.

An arrest warrant identifies the suspect in Sunday's fatal shooting of a prominent Pheu Thai-affiliated local politician in Samut Sakhon as Democrat MP Khanchit Thabsuwan.

The provincial court yesterday approved the warrant.

The sole suspect, a son of Democrat veteran Anek, a multiple-term MP for the province, was charged with the premeditated murder of Udorn Kraiwat-nusorn.

Abhisit Vejjajiva, the Democrat Party leader and opposition head, was aware of the warrant but decided not to react, pending police taking regular steps to deal with the case, party spokesman Chavanont Intharakomalsut said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Democrat-Khanchit-sought-in-murder-30172710.html

You may or may not be aware that the police can, and did, request that parliamentary immunity can be waived in serious cases (like murdering somebody by firing eight bullets into the victims head and then denying it). Abhisit at first did nothing, then as the great leader and standard setter that he is, copped out and said that the decision was down to Parliament. No, not him, being leader of the party that had the accused (and proven) murderer as a MP, nothing to do with him at all.

Way to go , Abhisit.

The Democrat leader says the decision whether to allow immunity from investigation during the House session for his party's MP, who is facing a murder charge, relies on the judgment of Parliament.

Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said police have already submitted a request with the House speaker seeking permission to bring his party's Samut Sakhon MP Kanchit Tapsuwan into the judicial process as he has been named a suspect in the murder of chairman of Samut Sakhon Provincial Administration Organization Udon Kraiwatnusorn.

Abhisit stated the House will decide if Kanchit can exercise his parliamentary immunity to postpone his meeting with investigators while it is still in session.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/521784-thai-democrat-mp-khanchit-sought-in-murder-case/page-4#entry4940086

Sorry, what was that about King of the cheap shots?

Has any of those protesting this appointment of a ministerial aide (and it IS inappropriate) previously protested the PTP appointment of alleged terrorists to the party list and as MPs?

Or the appointment of a person charged with terrorism, one k. Nattawut, as an assistant minister, where it appears he has used his trucking firm for government contracts?

Should I post a definition of hypocrisy?

• Like 1