Supplies for raising/fattening cattle

Beardstroke

www.cpd.go.th/cpd/acedac_th/milk.html

You are not so far from the dairy co-op in Sakaeo provece,Wang Nam Yen the above link should give you the address and pnone nom they should be able to help you with minral/ salt blocks, as for a rumen enhancer, not easy to find ,try the DPO at Mortlec ,Salarburi.

Mix some minerals with the feed ,the blocks on they own do not provide enough minerals best are TNZ from New Zealand, for a basic minerale ,the Thai /Denmark is a good mineral ,for Thailand, Raer-Tart-Or-Sor Kor,in Thai

Thank you Kickstart,

Are you raising cattle yourself by chance?

We rear a few beef cattle suckler cows and calves,did rear dairy heifers , buy them in,feed them up,get them in calf and sell them,we always got a good price selling heifers at 2-3 months in calf, but it took a long time 10-12 monthes,in that time the market price would change, very volatile is the word,so we gave them up .

We have always had a few beef cattle,the the margins where not bad ,so we decided to do beef only ,with a collection of dairy x beef cows, and Thai beef cows,

Last year we used Angus semen, on some ,of the cows,and good animals they where to ( we sold one Angus x bull 15 months 48,000 Bart), a good price ,but the beef market is on a high ,and has been for some time now, my records show 6 years ago we sold 2 Brahman x yearling's,fit animals,14,000 the pair,did not make a lot there.

You said ,you are looking for rumen enhancer,I would not bother .I feed a questionable 14% cosentrate, brewers grains,Nappier grass silage and what Thai's call" Gratin", the tree legume leucaenan leucolephala ,which we, or more so , the misses ,cuts it localy seems to do us well , and when we can grow it grass ,we serverd 8 cows /hefers and got 7 in calf 1st service.

Liveing in a big dairy cow area, rice straw , as the maine or 70/80% of the forage,is the bigest problem,to production, dairy or beef ,but it is easy,cut the bale, job done,our way is good for prodution but ,and a big but,is it hard work.

We do not have a lot of land,that is holding us back ,renting,is getting diffulcult,and it does not allmost make economical sence.

But I said on TV some time ago ,we make more money growing beef on our bit of land,than growing crops

Yours Regs.

KS