90 Day Report Warning

My 90 day report was due on Feb. 24th. I mailed my report by EMS on Feb. 9th and tracking showed it was delivered to Cheng Wattana on Feb. 10th. I received the receipt for the report by mail today with a sticker attached which said "Next time, please submit 15 days before the due date." I interpret this to mean that the report should be sent around 17-18 days before the due date so that it is received by 15 before. Has anyone else received a similar notice? It was received by immigration 14 days before the due date but apparently that is not acceptable.

Mailed one in that was due on 5 Feb 15. 15 days before being due and like your arrived the next day. No such sticker when it was returned. So this must be something they have just started doing. Thinks for the update.

• Like 1

Yours is not the first report of having the sticker stuck on their receipt. I think it is just a reminder to mail it later than than 15 days before the report date.

Immigration posted a notice with a new procedure for 90 day reports that says your report should arrive no later than 7 days before the report date. It seems somebody at CW missed that notice.

• Like 1

I posted my 90 day report to the Chiang Mai office the afternoon of 24/02/2015, my report was due by 9/03/2015, it was sent by EMS.

My return envelope was also stamped for EMS and I was pleasantly surprised by receiving my new slip with barcode around 1pm today 28/02.

It appears Chiang Mai office are very efficient with processing and returning postal reports.

Edited by JWNZ

CW Immigration doesn't just do those stickers/stamps as an informational reminder.

They do them because someone there, rightly or wrongly, felt your 90 day report wasn't submitted early enough.

I received one once when Immigration first began their notion of 15 days ahead for mailed submissions. I adjusted my mailing date to be a bit earlier than the 15 days ahead date. And haven't received another one since.

Who knows exactly what rule they're enforcing there, and whether there's variation from one officer to another. But IMHO, it's probably best to take steps to avoid getting those kinds of warnings.