Experienced Aussie Radio Announcer In Bangkok

I have worked almost every format, rock, AOR (Adult contemporary) etc and know radio very well. If anyone has any contacts please PM me

Thanks

MB

I just edited out the phone number and email

Edited by bronco

I have worked almost every format, rock, AOR (Adult contemporary) etc and know radio very well. If anyone has any contacts please PM me

Thanks

MB

I could be wrong, but I can't see you getting a work permit to do this

Thanks

MB

Hey Geoff,

You are wrong, as there are fooreigners working in the Industry. My wife is program director of a major radio station here in Bangkok, and she is a foreigner.

However, radio does show what an un-cosmopolitan place Bangkok actually is. You will not find an English language radio station in Bangkok. There was Virgin Smooth. Now defunct. There was Metropolis 107. Now English language music with Thai D.J's.

Im afraid its gonna be an uphill struggle for the OP, but you can never rule it out. I know many reputable DJs are working at Radio Bangkok, and there are other Internet Radio stations operating out of Bangkok.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks

MB

Hey Geoff,

You are wrong, as there are fooreigners working in the Industry. My wife is program director of a major radio station here in Bangkok, and she is a foreigner.

However, radio does show what an un-cosmopolitan place Bangkok actually is. You will not find an English language radio station in Bangkok. There was Virgin Smooth. Now defunct. There was Metropolis 107. Now English language music with Thai D.J's.

Im afraid its gonna be an uphill struggle for the OP, but you can never rule it out. I know many reputable DJs are working at Radio Bangkok, and there are other Internet Radio stations operating out of Bangkok.

Hi Moonfruit,

I wasn't being negative, but the OP described himself as a 'Radio Anouncer'... And in all the years I've lived here I've yet to hear a foreign Anouncer on the radio. :o

As you say, it's going to be an uphill struggle for him

Cheers,

Geoffphuket

Thanks

MB

Hey Geoff,

Hi Moonfruit,

I wasn't being negative, but the OP described himself as a 'Radio Anouncer'... And in all the years I've lived here I've yet to hear a foreign Anouncer on the radio. :o

As you say, it's going to be an uphill struggle for him

Cheers,

Geoffphuket

Sorry Geoff. I did sound a bit harsh there eh. Didnt mean it to sound like that!

:D

Imagine hearing this over the Thai airwaves (full on aussie radio announcer voice for effect)....

"coming up to the top of the hour, and that was the Chisel's with Plain Trees...

"Coming up in the next hour, we've got some more Jimmy Barnes, powderfinger, and some classic ooooooils...

"But right now, we've got a bit of Hoodu Guru's to take us into the news with Mel on Bo.Bo.Bo.Bogan FM..."

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. :o

By the way, I like all those bands.

Imagine hearing this over the Thai airwaves (full on aussie radio announcer voice for effect)....

"coming up to the top of the hour, and that was the Chisel's with Plain Trees...

"Coming up in the next hour, we've got some more Jimmy Barnes, powderfinger, and some classic ooooooils...

"But right now, we've got a bit of Hoodu Guru's to take us into the news with Mel on Bo.Bo.Bo.Bogan FM..."

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. :D

By the way, I like all those bands.

Keep picking your nose Samran... very cute! :D I did a few stints on live radio Phuket (no complaints about my Aussie accent - rather global accent these days (don't beat me master!)

But we do have a daily English female announcer in Phuket now - maybe we are more cosmo than Bangkok???? :D

Would be great tho to have more international DJ's since the population is ever - so - global these days. It only makes sense, right? :o