Soft panniers for a 125

draftvader

In my quest to upgrade to a Raider I realise I'm going to lose my "shopping hanger". I was thinking that some postman style soft panniers would solve the problem. Any ideas on where to find these? Bangkok or Nonthaburi is good for me.

Thanks for any advice.

Thank you. Great resource there. Anyway, I am looking for the cheap ones like the postman has. They will be used, exclusively, for carrying the shopping home when using the bike. I'd hate to have a package split in the high quality ones shown in that catalogue.

I'm kind of guessing it's back to mugging the post-man or begging our nanny to ask the post-office where they get them made.

Now that is a good compromise. They look washable, foldable but likely an investment as they will probably last 5-10 years rather than 2-3 years for plastic. I might enquire with them about these.

They are offering free shipping to Thailand. Nonetheless I have an extended UK trip coming up in Jun/Jul so will probably look around there. One of the many excellent bike shops will probably stock something like that and I should stop thinking in terms of bike/present application lifespan and more in terms of product lifespan.

Thank you. Great resource there. Anyway, I am looking for the cheap ones like the postman has. They will be used, exclusively, for carrying the shopping home when using the bike. I'd hate to have a package split in the high quality ones shown in that catalogue.

I'm kind of guessing it's back to mugging the post-man or begging our nanny to ask the post-office where they get them made.

If you really want cheap, buy a couple of suitable bags from a bag shop and get someone to sew on a strap or a couple of soft belts joining the two. Ask a postman to look at his and copy, but belts will give you adjustment, with a strap use Velcro.

If you have a Wave or similar just lift the seat and hang them either side, if you have a passenger get her to sit on it.

• Like 1

Getting the whole lot tailored, or buying two suitable bags and having them tailored together with straps is a good idea for something like that.

Perhaps even ask the postmen if it's possible to buy them.

You, highly, over-rate my spoken Thai. Thank you :)

• Like 1

Givi make saddle bags, but they might be a bit too expensive for what you intend to use them for. Still, if you are making a trip to the UK, you might get them cheap off of ebay. Also look for Kappa saddle bags.

or see below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-LARGE-TWIN-BLACK-SPORTS-PANNIER-BAGS-MOTORBIKE-BIKE-STORAGE-PANNIERS-/301009144584?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46158b0b08

Edited by phetphet

Getting the whole lot tailored, or buying two suitable bags and having them tailored together with straps is a good idea for something like that.

Perhaps even ask the postmen if it's possible to buy them.

You, highly, over-rate my spoken Thai. Thank you smile.png

What's there to communicate, buy two bags from a shop or factory shop that fit your bike, buy a piece of material, take in a picture or a drawing?

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

My guess the total cost 500/800 baht and a 1/2 hours work from you, you will spend longer than that driving all over Thailand looking.

My guess is most of us speak bagga-all Thai and still get things done, with a couple of words from GoogleTranslate, that's what you do if you are a fish out of water.