Racing Video Hire

JohnC

When in the UK a number of working mens clubs used to hire films of horse racing for a fun night, members could buy a horse at the beginning of each race and others could bet on them (not allowed here I know) in addition a small premium could be added to drinks and the money raised went to good causes. It was a good fun night and I was wondering if there was anywhere in LOS that one could hire these films/videos?

Yes, I remember the old 'canned videos' of horse racing: you won't find them now though.

Now there are state-of-the-art DVD computer programmes that generate random winners at virtual race tracks, whose fictional names include:

Portman Park, Steepledowns, and even a dog track called Brushwood.

So; the way to go, would be to contact any of the big three bookmakers in the U.K. Ladbrokes, William Hill and Coral and ask them how to get your hands on the hardware and software.

I understand that gambling is illegal in the L.O.S. but let me know when you are set up for a 'race night'. I will be on the front row...........

Yes, I remember the old 'canned videos' of horse racing: you won't find them now though.

Now there are state-of-the-art DVD computer programmes that generate random winners at virtual race tracks, whose fictional names include:

Portman Park, Steepledowns, and even a dog track called Brushwood.

So; the way to go, would be to contact any of the big three bookmakers in the U.K. Ladbrokes, William Hill and Coral and ask them how to get your hands on the hardware and software.

I understand that gambling is illegal in the L.O.S. but let me know when you are set up for a 'race night'. I will be on the front row...........

Thanks for that, I will follow it up and let you know if I have managed to organise a race night!

seems that may be a tad expensive, ladbrokes, wh , hardware, software and such..

any m8 s back home record channel 4 racing for you and post the vid over?

If it helps have a few m8s that send some vids they record for me back home ,could get them to record ch 4, of course id have to preview the race first, only checking for good quality recording of course :o

Ill have a tenner on the fav :D